Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here is footage with 70% power,this was an unexpected surprise , a launch trim will fix it no worries, maybe a little less power. Maiden launch always a mystery till you get things trimmed up She is a great flyer

rc flyin addict

Comment

• Did my maiden today and what a cool ship, smooth and beautiful in the air. On my first attempt, yesterday I did torque roll into the dirt and I was about 50% throttle, I think it was because it was out of trim and I was afraid of it. After gathering my courage I put a couple right clicks of aileron, turned the gyro on and launch was just like the videos on MRC. I have the Admiral receiver with stability plus gyro but it was turned off on the first attempt. I had the gyro on today but was only able to fly at half throttle or a little more because It has some wing bobble, I'll turn the gain on the gyro down a bit. My initial concern was the control movements,, I couldn't get the full deflection as called out in the instructions without overdriving the servos. After some adjustments and getting close to the low end movements as called out in the instructions, aileron 8mm up and down, 7mm up and down on the elevator (that's what I currently have) and that made it a tame flying ship, not nearly as fast as I expected but that was only at 50% throttle, can't wait to open her up go to high rates and see how fast she will go. Have to overdrive the servos to get to high control movements but I’m not flying with the servos pegged out all the time anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
        here is footage with 70% power,this was an unexpected surprise , a launch trim will fix it no worries, maybe a little less power. Maiden launch always a mystery till you get things trimmed up She is a great flyer

It looked pretty much like my maiden hand launch of the Havok. See the 2min mark. It'll wake you up for sure! Super fun plane to fly for sure!

MotionRC, MotionRC.com, Flightline, Flightline Corsair, Flightline F4U-1D Corsair, Corsair 1600mm, Flightline F4U Corsair, flying, planes, RC flying, RC planes, Trabuco Canyon Flyers, FPV, glider, Radian, F-86 Saber, Freewing, RC, flight, drone, F/A-18C, Hornet, F-18 Hornet, jet, topgun, Admiral, Admiral RX600SP, gyro, Admiral RX600SP binding, binding, throttle calibration, Skynectic, Havok, Skynetic Havok, Havok Racer, Skynetic Havok Racer

Comment

• Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post

It looked pretty much like my maiden hand launch of the Havok. See the 2min mark. It'll wake you up for sure! Super fun plane to fly for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt51Ihcim5U&t=1s
          that looks familiar , I think the launch trim will help, hope to see on Saturday
          rc flyin addict

Comment

• 2nd launch a lock with launch trim, happy with the setup , still room to move the cg back a little.
            Will change to 8x8e prop for the next flight, got her ready, sounds a lot better to me. Slight pitch up with the throttle, I likley will just mix it out. lets see how she goes with the new prop first

rc flyin addict

Comment

• After a long delay the repaint starts. I used strapping tape to stiffen up the fuse. My favorite quick and dirty fix for sloppy foam. I have squared the fuse to the wing as best as I could. I don’t think I’m going to use the aileron linkage fairings.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Speaking of repaints, can't believe I haven't posted pics of my finished "Miss AmeriKa" scheme!

Real simple to do with Rustoleum 2X paint.
                The white does tend to peel a little easier than usual so I chose to mask those areas with post-it notes where I could (instead of masking tape).

Decals by none other than Callie Graphics!

Cheers!
                Vic
                Attached Files

Comment

• Great job AMK! Real eye-catcher there!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Has to be when it's moving that fast!
                    The Havok has quickly become one of my favorite birds. It's so locked in and pleasantly predictable, even at full blast!

Comment

• Got some great flying in today!
                      Curious to see what others are doing to protect the belly on landing?
                      My local fields are hard surface. I know... first world problem, eh?

I've CA'd some thick zip-ties in strategic locations. They seem to do the trick pretty well and are what I consider "consumable". Wear one down or tear one off? No big deal, cheap and super simple to replace.

The *only* gripe I've got is that I seem to be chewing through props every 2-3 flights. APC's seem to hold up better than stock props, but they get munched up as well.
                      Next step will be to try and program a brake on the ESC if it has one.

Otherwise, friggin' great flying pocket rocket.

Vic
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I like your fleet, Vic! Keep the pics coming! Your Miss America repaint transforms the Havok... I didn't even recognize it!

Zip ties are a good idea for belly landing anything that's foam onto paved surfaces. "Consumable", indeed. G10 works well, too.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• like the zip tie mod great idea for a consumable skid, your fleet looks great. The break usually left off so the prop can roll out of the way , I broke the stock prop on my 2nd flight though . Added a landing mix both ale's up a few mm's, helps keep the nose up and slows her down a little. More landing practice needed here, increased the throw on the mix for the next flight.
                          happy landings
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• Hmmm a reflex mix in the ailerons... why didn't I think of that?!

Great suggestion. I'll dial that in and report back.

Comment

• Thanks Alpha!

Comment

• I have waited a week for the silver to dry before putting
                                Callie’s stickers on.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• I didn’t get the fuse perfectly aligned with the wing but I was able to get it to sit straighter. Here’s two pics for comparison. Should have taken off the prop for the pic. May help out with the left roll at high airspeed.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice!

I too notice an ever so slight roll at high speed, but attribute it to torque. When I back off the power the roll tendency goes away.

Comment

• I originally had plans for a hot 6s setup in mine. But, that left roll got pretty severe when at much higher speeds. So, mine is back on 4s.

Comment

• Hmmm, even at full blast out of a dive I haven't experienced the roll to be anything but very mild...
                                        Not saying all airframes are the same though.

Have you tried programming a roll/throttle mix?
                                        I'm guestimating mine would only need about 3% to keep it level enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
                                          Hmmm, even at full blast out of a dive I haven't experienced the roll to be anything but very mild...
                                          Not saying all airframes are the same though.

Have you tried programming a roll/throttle mix?
                                          I'm guestimating mine would only need about 3% to keep it level enough.
                                          All stock on 4s, mine is not bad at all either. 6s was a different story.

Comment

Working...
                                          X