Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes also big props to Aros on the livery on the Havok! Looks nice man. I wish I had the chance to do something like that and have it mass produced to everyone around the world. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Fockeflyer79 View Post
      Can someone please tell me what the CG is on the Havok please! Lol. I have mine sitting here ready to go and have no idea what the CG on this thing is. I have all different types of batteries and all and my model didn’t come with a manual unfortunately. I called and the tech told me that the entire first run of these planes did not go out with manuals. I can’t even download one from the website either. I don’t see a link on there or anything like that. Someone please help me. I would truly appreciate it big time. Or if maybe someone can email me one my email address is kydfrost@aol.com. Thx!
      Hey man, manual is coming to the website tomorrow. Sorry for the delay:

"Position your battery in the battery tray and balance the model inverted so that the model balances between 73mm to 78mm aft of the leading edge of the main wing root, defined as the forwardmost part where the main wing piece attaches to the side of the fuselage."
      Click image for larger version

Name:	cg.jpg
Views:	1068
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	217141
      This position is identified in the image below, at the tip of the screwdriver. Measure 73mm to 78mm aft of this point.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	cg 2.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	217142

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much James. I really appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fockeflyer79 View Post
          Can someone please tell me what the CG is on the Havok please! Lol. I have mine sitting here ready to go and have no idea what the CG on this thing is. I have all different types of batteries and all and my model didn’t come with a manual unfortunately. I called and the tech told me that the entire first run of these planes did not go out with manuals. I can’t even download one from the website either. I don’t see a link on there or anything like that. Someone please help me. I would truly appreciate it big time. Or if maybe someone can email me one my email address is kydfrost@aol.com. Thx!
          Yeah, I had the same question. Odd to see no manual in the box.

James, thanks for the quick response!

Comment

Yes, I believe for all Skynetic planes we will not be including the manual in the box, just on the website. We apologize for the delay on these manuals.

Comment

It’s whatever on the manual as long as you can download it. But it wasn’t even there. Lol.

Comment

Thanks fellas!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday!

Comment

A note on manuals: We're going paperless for the Skynetic brand for a few reasons.

First, it saves paper, and simplified models like these don't need extensive paper manuals but can suffice with basic assembly/CG/throws information. Many of the planned models in our Skynetic PNP pipeline require very little assembly (great example is the Shrike, which requires literally zero screws to put together).

Second, being an online company, chances are our customers are computer users and have access to our website to download the manual. We're trying to make the Instruction Manual experience more responsive, and maintaining a "living" manual online allows us to update the manual with customer feedback on CG or other input.

Third, we're trying to widen the multimedia nature of the Instruction Manual experience, and an online manual gives us the platform to include links to Build videos, links to the Spare Parts pages, and other multimedia resources. The idea is that readers will always have the latest information consolidated in the same Instruction Manual link.

Fourth, as we continue to expand internationally, maintaining an online manual gives us the flexibility to provide manuals in languages other than English, depending on the customer's preference.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Didn't the original product page have a 3536 1200kv with 7x7? Now says 7.8x7, 1600kv. Still a 3536, which is certainly a solid size.

I have a hacker outrunner motor on a F27Q that's 1600kv, but a good bit beefier (it JUST barely fits the mount) and pulls ~95A on a 2700mah 4s pack with an APC Q40 7.4x7.5 prop. I think even with a little bit smaller motor, and similar-ish prop, increasing voltage on the havok will very quickly overamp the 80A ESC. So my idea of going 5s or 6s is probably out. That's OK, though. Should be able to get more speed with less voltage on the higher kV.

Comment

It actually has a 3542 1600kv motor in it and on mine a swapped out that crappy stock prop for an apc 8x7 sport fuel prop and it is much faster and has much more power. When I amp tested that stock prop I was at 52 amps and then I did the other prop and I was at 70.

Comment

Hey, maybe 5s on a 7x7 will be possible!

Comment

Maidened mine Saturday. 106mph flat and level passes on the radar gun. Great flying plane for sure and really easy to hand launch. I have about 5 different props to try this week to try and find a good one for 6s. Hope to get some 6s flights this coming weekend!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Gosh, I'm glad we baked in an 80A ESC, by the sounds of what some of you are going to do to these...

First one to fold a wing buys lunch!
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                First one to fold a wing buys lunch!
                                Mine is on the way.
                                CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Comment

I’ll take that challenge too! I got some 6s batteries coming as well. Also a radar gun. That’s one thing I never bought. It’s bout time I got one. People say that using a radar gun tho isn’t accurate way to clock the planes. Is that true? Can anyone put truth to that it is that just a bunch of crap? Lol

Comment

Trying out an assortment of props getting ready for 6s. This one might be a bit much!

Comment

Ok for $169 you cannot build something this good and have it ready to fly in less than an hour. Couple things I want to point out for those of you getting yours together. Be careful on the Horizontal Stab Spar as you can insert it too far into the Stab. I marked mine at the halfway point then attached just one side of the Stab and then applied a small amount of glue to the stab. I then inserted it to the mark then let it dry. Once dry I simply slid on the other half and put in the 2 screws. This way I know I have roughly half of the Spar in each section rather than a 70-30 split. I did add a servo extension to the Y-Harness to help with the receiver connection. I used a 4S 2200mah pack with zero issues for obtaining the CG. Most of the Battery is up under the Hood so I added a couple of pieces of self adhesive Hook and Loop to the Battery to keep it in place under the Battery Strap. Likely going to move the Battery back a tad from what is in the photo as for me it was still a bit Nose Heavy but that is not a bad thing. Throws in the Manual are spot on and High Rates yield some dizzying Roll Rates. When landing try to get the Prop to stop Horizontal if possible. I know getting it there can be an issue but try blipping the Throttle if it is vertical. I'm on my 2nd Prop so I will try to remember my own advice on the next landing.

Comment

This last Saturday afternoon. Lots of fun and she was flying awesome! Lol. If you look on YouTube there are two other videos on there from the same day of the Havok.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                                          Trying out an assortment of props getting ready for 6s. This one might be a bit much!

You going to get some video of this flight?

Comment

Working...
                                          X