X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post

You going to get some video of this flight?
    Sure will. Fingers crossed for Sunday.

Comment

This new Skynetic branding is a smart move for Motion. Nice to see the company branch out into non scale aircraft.
      Lauren

Comment

Thanks, Flygirl ! I'm glad you think so. Based on early figures, it seems many others do, as well, so we're doubly excited for what we've got on the horizon as we expand the Skynetic lineup. We're not content to just be the scale warbird or scale jet company, and we recognize that our global customer family expects us to be more than that while keeping the same level of quality, spare parts, and service support.

In the meantime, back to my custom Havok repaint... I'm starting with the bare graphite and white... any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	15730694752154367236240320761814.jpg
Views:	1152
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	218371
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Paint the white areas on the wing that hot neon green!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

The real question is what category are they going to fill next with the Skynetic line? STOL plane? Seaplane? Night flyer? Flying wing? 3d plane?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              Thanks, Flygirl ! I'm glad you think so. Based on early figures, it seems many others do, as well, so we're doubly excited for what we've got on the horizon as we expand the Skynetic lineup. We're not content to just be the scale warbird or scale jet company, and we recognize that our global customer family expects us to be more than that while keeping the same level of quality, spare parts, and service support.

In the meantime, back to my custom Havok repaint... I'm starting with the bare graphite and white... any ideas?

Name:	15730694752154367236240320761814.jpg
Views:	1152
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	218371
              Edge the silver and white with black or red striping tape. Awesome Alpha! And thanks for the reply. :)
              Lauren

Comment

To sum it up quickly: It flies just as good as it looks! The price is right, it's easy to setup, it's FAST, and it handles very well. You don't need to be an advanced flyer to handle this rocket but do hold on!

I'm flying off a dirt strip with some rocks so I epoxied on some carbon fiber skid plates on the belly, added wing tip skids, and used strapping-tape to help protect the belly better for landing. I flew it using an old AR7000 receiver, no gyro, and a Zippy 2700mah 4S pack. I used 35% expo on all surfaces and set hi/low rates per the book. I used James' CG setting of 75mm. With the 317g Zippy 2700mah I was able to meet CG easily with it shoved all the way forward. I used some spare dense foam against one side of the fuse and a foam block behind it help secure it. I put a Deans on the ESC and statically ran it up with the AMP meter which showed 56-58amps. It felt a tad heavy so I used 3/4 throttle for the hand launch and it leaped right out of my hand with ease. I only touched full throttle a few times and WOW it's fast on the top-end and it sounds awesome! Crisp and snappy handling on low rates. For landing I was able to bring it in low and flat bleeding off some energy for a nice controlled crash at a reasonable speed. I came in very conservatively at 3min 30sec and my pack showed 4.01V per cell.

Below is a video link to my maiden flight experience. Can't wait to explore the flight envelope more and get some GPS speed numbers on it as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt51Ihcim5U

Name:	IMG_0369.JPEG
Views:	1177
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	218480

Name:	IMG_0456.JPEG
Views:	1184
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	218482

Name:	IMG_0454.JPEG
Views:	1164
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	218483

Name:	IMG_0438.JPEG
Views:	1135
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	218484

Name:	IMG_0443.JPEG
Views:	1153
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	218486
                Attached Files

Comment

I run mine with an 8x8 apc gas sport prop and fly for 5 minutes with a zippy Compact 3300. 359gr. That thing is so much faster with that prop compared to the stock one. I tested the stock prop and got pretty much what you got on the amps line 50 something so I put in an apc gas sport 8x7 first cause that is comparable to the stock prop or supposedly it is but the stock flimsy 7.8x7 is totally not what it is supposed to be by far. It is comparable to my 8x5 pitched prop and the 8x7 amp tested at 75 static but I broke that and I had the 8x8 so I put that one there and fell in love. It launches easier and is much faster and best of all I get 5 minutes on my 3300 packs. There are YouTube videos on there of my flights. Check them out. Oh and it sounds awesome too. lol

Comment

Any hint on when these will hit the EU warehouse ??

Comment

First 6s flight yesterday. My actual flying day got messed up but I went to just put it up long enough to test and see how it was gonna do. Ran it on a Rhino 6s 2200mah with a 7x6 APC prop cut down to 6.5x6.

Crazy power and speed for sure. But, it created a lot of torque roll under WOT, to the point the ailerons couldn't overcome it. I managed a few wot passes but for now, it's gonna need some work to overcome the torque affect from the motor on 6s. First thing I am gonna try is to drop down to the 6x6 APC which is a much thinner prop. But, it carried the 6s weight just fine and didn't have any problems on slowing down for landing. Hand launch was still a breeze about half throttle. Hopefully I will have a whole flying day next weekend to keep testing.

Comment

Hey JamesonC what’s up my friend? So you ran it on 6s but my question to you is, was the 7x6 prop you was running on there that you cut down an electric prop? Or was it a apc has sport prop? That would make a huge difference in amps and especially with that torque roll issue you was talking about. The electric props are pitched hard back closer to the hub and the blade is wider than the gas props so I could definitely see that happening cause of that maybe if the prop was electric. I don’t run electric props anymore on any of my higher speed planes cause of that. One because they draw way more amps and two because they just aren’t efficient for high speed. APC told me that electric props are really good for slower planes that require more low end torque and power and to fly the gas props on the more aggressive electric planes. He said that the gas props are way more efficient from mid to high speed where the electric is low to mid. Once the electric prop gets into a high rpm range and because of the way they are pitched and all they tend to overbite in high rpm and then that roll you was talking about starts to happen. Like I said I’m not sure if you are using an electric prop but if you are then definitely try the gas sport props and retry. Your results will definitely change and I’m sure for the better. Also I never ever cut down any props at all especially the electrics ones. It really doesn’t seem to do anything and if it does it’s very very minimal. I tried cutting down some props in the past and balanced them and all and when I did amp tests on them it might have only dropped like 2 or 3 amps max and when you only just cut a tiny bit off you are left with the widest part of the prop throughout and then it becomes very inefficient. The electric props need to have that part of the prop where it starts to get thinner after the wide part for efficiency. The guy at APC told me all this and I also ran tests myself to make sure what he was telling me was right and it was. Lol. But anyhow if that’s the case try gas sport variations on your amp checker as well. Sorry for babbling so much I’m just really curious cause this is the route I want to go as well. I just am curious how you went about the prop is all. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Fockeflyer79 View Post
                          Hey JamesonC what’s up my friend? So you ran it on 6s but my question to you is, was the 7x6 prop you was running on there that you cut down an electric prop? Or was it a apc has sport prop? That would make a huge difference in amps and especially with that torque roll issue you was talking about. The electric props are pitched hard back closer to the hub and the blade is wider than the gas props so I could definitely see that happening cause of that maybe if the prop was electric. I don’t run electric props anymore on any of my higher speed planes cause of that. One because they draw way more amps and two because they just aren’t efficient for high speed. APC told me that electric props are really good for slower planes that require more low end torque and power and to fly the gas props on the more aggressive electric planes. He said that the gas props are way more efficient from mid to high speed where the electric is low to mid. Once the electric prop gets into a high rpm range and because of the way they are pitched and all they tend to overbite in high rpm and then that roll you was talking about starts to happen. Like I said I’m not sure if you are using an electric prop but if you are then definitely try the gas sport props and retry. Your results will definitely change and I’m sure for the better. Also I never ever cut down any props at all especially the electrics ones. It really doesn’t seem to do anything and if it does it’s very very minimal. I tried cutting down some props in the past and balanced them and all and when I did amp tests on them it might have only dropped like 2 or 3 amps max and when you only just cut a tiny bit off you are left with the widest part of the prop throughout and then it becomes very inefficient. The electric props need to have that part of the prop where it starts to get thinner after the wide part for efficiency. The guy at APC told me all this and I also ran tests myself to make sure what he was telling me was right and it was. Lol. But anyhow if that’s the case try gas sport variations on your amp checker as well. Sorry for babbling so much I’m just really curious cause this is the route I want to go as well. I just am curious how you went about the prop is all. Thx
                          It was an electric APC. Here are some Amp/Watt readings off props I tried so far:

7x6 on 6s - 103A, 2165W
                          6.5x6 (cut down) on 6s - 94A, forgot to take a picture of the watts
                          6x6 on 6s - 68A, 1609W
                          Stock prop on 4s - 56A, 834W

The APC electric 7x6 vs 6x6 are really different. The 7x6 is much wider like you were talking about and pitched at the root of the prop. When I ran it up and saw over 100A, I didn't feel good about pushing it that hard. Trimmed it down and was hoping to get 90A static but decided 94A was close enough and that prop would unload a lot in the air and should stay close to 80A and I my WOT pulls were only a few seconds long.

I will get some gas sport props here to try ASAP. Also still going to try the 6x6 since it is so much thinner than the 7" props.

Comment

Perhaps try a scimitar prop, like EMP?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                              Perhaps try a scimitar prop, like EMP?
                              I'll see what I can find. Went ahead and ordered 3 gas sport props to try as well.

Comment

I’m telling you run it up with maybe a 7x6 sport gas prop and you will see a big drop in amps. On my efxtra I have a 1780kv motor and I run a 8x6 sport prop on that at 72 amps. When I put the 8x6e apc on there I get 95 amps. I also passed out when I saw that and this is on 4s. Lol The efxtra is a rocket ship with that prop too. The sport props just work so much better and allow you to run larger props with more variety I think. Plus they are much stronger than those thin electrics. Imo tho I wouldn’t go as low as the 6x6 only cause you will definitely issues launching and it just won’t have the power you are after. Like I said you will probably be happy running the 7x6 sport or maybe try running up some 8” like an 8x6 or 8x5. I have both of those cause of my efxtra and I’m just waiting for slow HK to deliver my 6s batteries and I’m gonna try those and if they are too bad on amps then I’m gonna turn up something 7”

Comment

Wesley Miller shows off his comfort level with the Skynetic Havok on his third flight at Joe Nall:

Special thanks to Wes and Lori! I recommend subscribing to their channel and listening to their podcasts for exciting, informative, enthusiastic, and unbiased RC content.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I'll see what I can find. Went ahead and ordered 3 gas sport props to try as well.
                                    Did you by chance get your new props that you ordered yet? Just wondering what results you may have gotten with them. Keep me posted bud. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Fockeflyer79 View Post
                                      Did you by chance get your new props that you ordered yet? Just wondering what results you may have gotten with them. Keep me posted bud. Thx
                                      Nope. Tracking shows Saturday.

Comment

That is crazy, so much power on 6S that the ailerons barely work.

Comment

I'm assuming you're talking about the torque steer, and correcting it. Administer throttle smoothly. You'll be just fine. LOL

W

Comment

Working...
                                          X