Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I've finally pulled the trigger on this one, been considering it for a while. It arrived today, it may be a while before I start on it, but I have done an unboxing, fit check and still have more checking of parts to do. I don't like to wait until I building/assembling, the sooner I find an issue, the better as there is a 30 "warrantee".

So far, things look very good, a few very minor cosmetic flaws on the covering. Wings fit good, wings to vertical stabilizer perpendicular. The fuse felt really like to me.

I have a 40cc SunnySky 190 KV motor, will use a 19x12e apc or 20x11e apc prop. 12s with 6000mah batteries. The motor is a bit more than needed but this plane needs nose weight, so this does add weight and gives me power options. Looks a little smaller than I expected but it's a nice manageable size for me.
    Attached Files

Comment

• That’s awesome Marty. What size/weight spinner came with yours? I’ve noticed I am missing mine and am close to completing.

Comment

• Shack,

The spinner: base 116mm/ height approx 124mm. Folks have had trouble balancing these spinners. I had a lot of luck with the Phx P40 80in plane, the spinner was very similar in design but it came very much out of balance. Look back in this thread, Twisted bought and used an aluminum spinner and has a link. You could also try getting the original from Motion.

I have a question for anyone:

I was checking out the retracts, both work. I noticed that the struts are very stiff, too stiff in my opinion for an 18 lb plane. A twenty-pound weight doesn't even move one strut. My guess is it takes about 35-40 pounds to use the full travel.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm thinking these same struts may be used in the much larger BH models, but that's just a guess. I'll look at the site later and see if that's the case. Edit: I just looked, the struts has it's own separate parts number so it appears that it's not shared. I'd replace the spring, but it uses a spring pin to hold the assembly together and that might not be easy to get back together, it's a risk.

Comment

• Thanks Marty, I haven’t made much progress on mine. Retracts are assembled but looks like I need a controller now. Mabel next week. Any photos yet of yours?

Comment

• Hay Marty, I’m a bit confused on this retract controller. The previous owner says he used a JP hobby controller. He doesn’t know if it was the er 20 or 50. When I look at their descriptions online, both say you have to plug in at least three plugs for it to work. Can you give me any input on this? I’ve had electric re-tracks before, but have never needed a controller. Any advice would sure help.

Comment

• I don't own any JP products, but I did browse their website. I believe the retracts supplied in my ARF kit are nearly equivalent to ER-120, not the ER-150.

The BH models come with a cheaper copy of the JP retracts and controller. It's branded Phoenix, the same retracts used in the larger Phx models. Here's the controller than came with my model (note: others have had issues with the controller and ordered the JP controller, but I have not)

Black Horse 2000mm Spitfire Electric Retract Controller [BHSF022] Motion RC

Comment

• Awesome, thanks again Marty

Comment

• Location of Guns:

The instructions are very vague here. Is there a hole drilled in the wing under the covering? I felt for one but didn't find. I guess you just mark a location, cut away the covering, glue gun mount to wing, drill hole, screw in gun to gun mount. Is that right?

Attached Files

Comment

• Hi all,

Great to read everyone's comments. I'm about to place an order, but wanted to check first of engine size. (Yes, I know that it is a 33cc plane)

I have a NGH 30cc Four Stroke gas engine ready to go, so I am hoping that it will be suitable for the BH136. (Yes, I know that a DLE 35cc would be great)

So just curious to know if anyone is flying this model with a 30cc either 2 stroke or 4 stroke and if they feel that it is adequate, or is everyone strongly recommending a DLE 35, etc, etc.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglej View Post
                      Hi all,

Great to read everyone's comments. I'm about to place an order, but wanted to check first of engine size. (Yes, I know that it is a 33cc plane)

I have a NGH 30cc Four Stroke gas engine ready to go, so I am hoping that it will be suitable for the BH136. (Yes, I know that a DLE 35cc would be great)

So just curious to know if anyone is flying this model with a 30cc either 2 stroke or 4 stroke and if they feel that it is adequate, or is everyone strongly recommending a DLE 35, etc, etc.

Thank you.
                      Hi

I fly this with an OS GF40 4 stroke engine.
                      I had an NGH38 in my BH Typhoon, but it was just enough to get it airborne also that plane has an OS GF40 4 stroke in it.
                      So my advise would be the NGH30 is will not do the job and also you will have problems with getting CG right.
                      In my Spitfire I have around 800 grams lead in the nose to get CG right.

Grtz Hans

Comment

Working...
                      X