Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have one of these for sale? MOTION has no idea when they will be back in stock. Thanks in advance.

VR

Comment

• Hello, I am wondering if anyone of the "electric" Gilmore flyers are using a gap/hole under the fuselage for the outflow of the airstream!
      Maybe it's not needed?

Thx in advance.
      Ron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helron View Post
        Hello, I am wondering if anyone of the "electric" Gilmore flyers are using a gap/hole under the fuselage for the outflow of the airstream!
        Maybe it's not needed?

Thx in advance.
        Ron.
        I did remove some of the covering on the underside aft fuselage, between the stringers. It seems to be enough as everything is cool after flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

I did remove some of the covering on the underside aft fuselage, between the stringers. It seems to be enough as everything is cool after flights.
          Thanks Twowingtj.
          could you specify the hole? Where in the aft fuselage? (It's a long fuselage...)

Comment

• Well, I pulled the trigger...they seem to be going at an alarming rate for the price...didn't realize it had no flaps.

VR

Comment

• Originally posted by Vintage Racer View Post
              Well, I pulled the trigger...they seem to be going at an alarming rate for the price...didn't realize it had no flaps.

VR
              And, did you bought one?

My "2cents" opinion:

About the price: If you want one and can afford it... don't wait, cause the prices are only going up!!!

About the flaps: Looking at some Gilmore vids and seeing the "speed" of landings, it doesn't need flaps i.m.o.!

HR

Comment

• My build isn't going the way I wanted. Lots of busy other things in live to do!

Anyway I want to share my weight (of the plane) here and maybe expect some comments on that.

The fuselage (ready to flight): 6900 gr. (Dualsky GA6000-9 / HW. Flyfun 160A / RASA 24x12)
                Right wing: 929 gr.
                Left wing: 931 gr.
                Lipo's 2x6S (Zippy 6200mAh) 1800 gr
                TOTAL: 10560 gr.

No big problems during the build, also because of the many instructive vids here on the site!
                I ordered/ used the "Callie Graphics". Man what a quality difference with the stock graphics! Not only in looks, also in applying it!
                For instance the stock graphics on the wheelpants I didn't dare to apply it as whole, but cutted it in the different parts (3x) and than apply it.

Maiden is still ahead, but the weather is getting worse here in The Netherlands, so maybe it will be next year...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vintage Racer View Post
                  Well, I pulled the trigger...they seem to be going at an alarming rate for the price...didn't realize it had no flaps.

VR
                  Good to see you here. We chatted a bit on YouTube yesterday about my flight video. My build and tips are much of the early part of this thread. Touch base if you've got any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helron View Post

Thanks Twowingtj.
                    could you specify the hole? Where in the aft fuselage? (It's a long fuselage...)
                    I just double checked the plane. Turns out I did not add any air exit holes to the plane. The motor and ESC are both in the cowl, so plenty of air flow. The batteries are not getting stressed at all, so they are not getting warm. If they were getting warm, I'd open some holes.

Comment

Good to see you here. We chatted a bit on YouTube yesterday about my flight video. My build and tips are much of the early part of this thread. Touch base if you've got any questions.
                      Likewise, I don't even have shipment details yet, so it will be some time before I start the project. I will defiantly reference your work if needed. Looks like a relatively simple airframe. Here is my Black Horse Ryan, next to my 55" Ryan. Kinda funny.

I am glad to have the Lion, I have been waiting for it to come back, wasn't too long.

Did you consider adding flight wires?

VR
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0005_1578063332923.jpg Views:	10 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	360610
                      Last edited by Vintage Racer; Nov 4, 2022, 10:16 AM. Reason: Added question.

Comment

• Vintage Racer Nice pair of Ryan's there.

I did think about flying wires for about 10 minutes. Decided to keep it clean and simple. It's already got a little drag to the airframe. Adding more probably wouldn't help it fly better.

Comment

Vintage Racer Nice pair of Ryan's there.

I did think about flying wires for about 10 minutes. Decided to keep it clean and simple. It's already got a little drag to the airframe. Adding more probably wouldn't help it fly better.
                          I completely understand, the model will arrive next Thursday, I received the e-mail from MOTION with the details.

VR

Comment

• Started looking at motors, thinking e-flite POWER 360. The published specifications seem to be ideal for this airframe. It is however a little bit more money than the rest that I looked at. Also the X Power 60 CC was recommended by a fellow club member. I will continue reading...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221104_180650028_HDR.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	360649

Comment

• Vintage Racer The Admiral GP60 IS a rebranded E-Flite Power 360, with better bearings. At $299 not a bad deal.

Comment

Vintage Racer The Admiral GP60 IS a rebranded E-Flite Power 360, with better bearings. At $299 not a bad deal.
                                I took a look at the two motors, I agree. Same animal externally, without doubt. Thanks for that info.

VR

Comment

Vintage Racer The Admiral GP60 IS a rebranded E-Flite Power 360, with better bearings. At $299 not a bad deal.
                                  "OUT OF STOCK" Must be a good deal!

VR

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221117_131903906.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	361549 Bought an stl file I thought appropriate for my model, never printed a Pilot this big before!

Comment

• Funny you should say that VR.
                                      i bought an stl file for a pilot today too.
                                      I forwarded it to my friend who does the 3D printing.
                                      Making 2 of them for my Nexa RCAF Twin Otter at 1/10 scale. Full body in seated position.
                                      With headgear they are approx 85 mm in height.
                                      Cheers Bob

Comment

• I always buy Max Grueter's work from CGTRADER. His work is great, and he is very helpful modifying the files if need be. I have more of his Pilot files than I care to admit!

Where did you purchase yours?

Here are a couple I did for my 90mm E Flite Viper. They are also Max G files.

VR Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0016.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	361554

Comment

• Yep same place but by dumy 01 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221117-212824_Chrome.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	361563 01
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221117-212824_Chrome.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	361562

Comment

Working...
                                          X