Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Exactly what SanExip said. You know the 2 throttle leads are "Y'd" together. Find the "Y" and pull out the side that is working OK. Leave the side that you want to turn the brake OFF and go ahead and do it. If you're unhappy with the throttle calibration at this point, now is the time to do it. Do the calibration on the side you just corrected for the brake. Then plug in the other "good" side and unplug the one you just finished with and do the calibration for it. Plug everything back in and it should all be good to go.

Comment

• Calibrating does nothing for programing the brake. Look under the B-24 at Motion and you’ll find the ESC programming instructions.

Comment

• Ok, I'll give it a try. Thanks

Comment

• Ok, I will give that a try. Thank you

Comment

• Maidened mine this morning, and have the same problem with the rhs motor having the brake on. It didn't affect the flight characteristics at all, even at idle it had no problem gliding. Love the plane, it's great!

Comment

• Finally got to fly my maiden flight of the OV-10 today and everything went just fine. Started with the takeoff flaps and she was up and flying very quickly. Did need some down trim to fly level and not climb at half throttle. Used about 1000Mah each from 2 4000Mah batteries in 5 minutes of flight. This plane fly’s so good it really don’t need flaps to take off or land it’s a really solid flyer. Should be able to get 10+ minutes of flight time easy. Only got 3 flights so far because of weather and wind but so far it fly’s just the way I like and looks scale to boot.

Comment

• Put a new camera system in the Bronco and got it out today. FS Shark Byte. I like the detail but the system is limited by the cameras that are available, only nano ones right now.

(1) Bronco HD 3Mar2021 2nd - YouTube

Comment

• That looks so fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by wreed15 View Post
                    Just finished some ordnance for the OV-10. Hellfires, LAU-68's, and Snakeyes. Now I have to wait 3 months to maiden it!
                    Any chance I could buy those 3D files from you

Comment

• I'm considering buying this version of the OV-10 but have limited room for transporting it cross country. What is the width of the fuse assembly without the outer wings attached ? I saw something in an earlier post that indicated that the otter wings were 16" wide ?? That would be 55"-16"-16" = 23 inches wide - is this correct ?

Comment

• The wing panels are about 15.75" long (ea).

With the wings on, the wingspan is 55". With the wings off, the center section is 23 3/8 inches wide and about 57" long.
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by wreed15 View Post
                          Just finished some ordnance for the OV-10. Hellfires, LAU-68's, and Snakeyes. Now I have to wait 3 months to maiden it!
                          That loadout is awesome!

Comment

• Does anyone have the same problem? With 2 4000 50c, it barely takes off and doesn't have speed to climb at a normal rate. I wasn't expecting a speed racer, but 2 flight, 3 left turns and 2 harrowing landings barely escaping disaster, I thinking of upgrading the motors and esc's.. I ordered 2 7000 50c batteries but not sure the stock esc could handle it. Advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by peanut628 View Post
                              Does anyone have the same problem? With 2 4000 50c, it barely takes off and doesn't have speed to climb at a normal rate. I wasn't expecting a speed racer, but 2 flight, 3 left turns and 2 harrowing landings barely escaping disaster, I thinking of upgrading the motors and esc's.. I ordered 2 7000 50c batteries but not sure the stock esc could handle it. Advice?
                              1. You didn't install the props backwards, did you? (IE, there's front side and a back side.)
                              1.a. There is a right prop and a left prop. Did you get them mixed up and reverse the rotation? Looking at each prop's top blade - it should be turning towards the plane.
                              2. It's NOT the "C" rating of the battery that the ESC can or can't handle. It's increasing the cell count that may create a problem.

Comment

• To add to Xviper... What altitude are you at, that can affect performance. Did you calibrate the ESCs so you get "full" power?

But all that said the stock power is very low. I built mine with a much hotter power set up, about 3X, and absolutely love it. Takes off in 3' and unlimited vertical, throttle differential for spins, Tons of flaps available as well as crow and rudder airbrakes... And FPV. I love my Bronco!

Comment

• One more thing comes to mind. You say you ordered 2 X 7000mah batteries. 2 X 7000mah, 4s batteries won't fit in this plane, UNLESS you are talking about 3s batteries, in which case, if you are flying this plane on 3s batteries, no wonder it's as anemic as you say it is.

Comment

• He could fly off a single 4S 7000...

Comment

• Yes, he could. However, when he said he flies it with 2 X 4000's, I just extrapolated to him meaning 2 X 7000. Since he's maintaining 50C, there isn't any advantage to going to a single 7000 from twin 4000's. The savings in weight wouldn't give him any significant extra punch.

Comment

• Evan D You are using the P38 power system, escs, motor, and props? Is it a straight drop in replacement? Did you use the F7 prop adapters and spinners? I can't remember if it's just a matter of swapping wires to reverse the motor for counter rotating or is it better to do it through the esc programming? And lastly what is your favorite battery for this setup?

And I hope you have been watching Motogp! Doha is not the most exciting track for television speculating but it was fun to see them racing again and breaking speed records and fastest lap times.

Comment

• I am using the Tiger Cats EDCs which are the same as the P-38 but some Hobby Star motors. My complete setup has been listed in this and the RCU thread. Currently using Socokin 3500 packs and love them.

yes it’s awesome to have MotoGP back!

Comment

Working...
                                          X