X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    I've looked at every control rod on my OV-10 and not a one looks like that. All, except the nose steering rod, have ball links at one end. The nose steering rod is a single rod. Is this your plane from new? Perhaps a previous owner lost that rod and only had a double rod laying around. This is reminiscent of a plane that has dual section flaps where one servo controls both flaps with a double rod. The OV does not have such a connection.
    Hmmm….that might explain why I can’t figure out where it fits! 😄

Very strange tho, as I gathered all the parts and kept them together. I don’t know where it would have come from, as I’ve never had anything like that on any of my previous models. So, it shouldn’t have been in my field box.
    I’m the first owner of the Bronco and have not done any mods (tho I’ll be changing the flap hinges during the rebuild!).

Thanks for taking a look! I’ll keep rebuilding and see where it takes me.

Comment

• Ok, figured it out.
      After your comment about single servo for flaps, it got me to thinking. While I don’t have any airplanes that utilize such, the Cub S+ has the flap mod you can install and they provide that pushrod for you to utilize. It must have been in my tool bag and got mixed in with the parts for the Bronco as I was working on it.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra1365 View Post
        Ok, figured it out.
        After your comment about single servo for flaps, it got me to thinking. While I don’t have any airplanes that utilize such, the Cub S+ has the flap mod you can install and they provide that pushrod for you to utilize. It must have been in my tool bag and got mixed in with the parts for the Bronco as I was working on it.

Thanks for the help!
        It's kinda like when you find a screw on the ground next to the set up table at the field. You look and look on your planes and can't seem to find one missing, but you take the screw home anyway just in case.

Comment

• Just drop a screw on the table someone is working on at the field... They do it to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Just drop a screw on the table someone is working on at the field... They do it to me!
            MoFo's.

Comment

• Yesterday I had out two F-16s. The fixed gear snaps on and one person took and unsnapped the mains off, gave them to another “friend” who came up and said he found them out on the field. Since the F16 rest’s on the strakes I didn’t notice they were mine… Friends…

Click image for larger version

Name:	DA86AF2A-8B4B-455C-9EB5-A55B5B0866CA.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	358730

Comment

• Anyone have the pin that goes into the nose gear strut?

I attempted to fashion one out of some 5/32 rod that I have. But, the original has, for lack of a better term, a flat head at the top that allows it to turn in the trunion…thus allowing for steering.

Motion/Flightline doesn’t sell it separately from a complete retract. Nothing wrong with the rest of the gear assembly. Hate to buy a whole retract plus shipping for just a pin!

I suppose I could try to flare the top enough to hold it in place, yet allow it to turn.

Comment

• I know you have done your homework and all but you know all of these take the same diameter nose strut pin... You can also use one with a E clip top. Just need to match up the same approximate length. For example... Freewing Nose Landing Gear Connecting Pin [FJ21311087] Motion RC
                  • 1400mm OV-10
                  • 1600mm P-38
                  • 2000mm B-24
                  • F-15 90mm
                  • F-104 90mm
                  • F-16 90mm
                  • F-18 90mm
                  • Stinger 90
                  • T-45 (V1 version only)
                  • A-4 80mm
                  • Mig-21 80mm
                  • Me262 70mm
                  • Su-35 70mm
                  • L-39 80mm
                  • T-33 80mm
                  • Venom 90mm
                  • Yak-130 90mm

Comment

• Didn’t realize Freewing and Flightline were interchangeable.

I will say, I wish they’d get away from the pot metal stuff. It’s why I need a new one. Mine snapped in half.

Comment

• FL is made by FW.

They have had some that were too brittle. My F-4 nose pin snapped 3rd landing and it was super smooth on pavement. Replacements have been fine, it's hit and miss. In the past I would say China quality...

Comment

• They have had some that were too brittle. My F-4 nose pin snapped 3rd landing and it was super smooth on pavement. Replacements have been fine, it's hit and miss. In the past I would say China quality...
                        Interesting, I have about 30 landings on my F-4 some sod some rough but the majority a nice smooth runway, seems to be holding up quite well because my landings a carrier type landings. Maybe I got a good strong pin from the get go but Glider Guy told me when I placed the order for the F-4 to include a few extra pins as well as main gear doors.

Comment

• Hit and miss…

Comment

• For your viewing pleasure.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Just ordered mine today. I've been lurking on this site for a while now! really enjoy all of the great mods and upgrades. I have larger packs but was curious if it would fly on 4s 2200 30c packs ok? I know the flight time will be short if they do. Can't wait for her to arrive!

Comment

• Sure but may be hard to balance and as you know flight time will be shorter.

Comment

• I fly mine with 2 x 4000, 4s, Admirals pushed as far forward as they will go and it just balances. With 2200's, it'll likely be sitting on its tail.

Comment

• Ordered my Bronco last week. Can anyone tell me their power modifications for the esc’s, motors and props to get really good reliable power? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• I went and looked at my set up and as I said the motors I used, 1000kV are no longer available BUT a 840 is. The slightly lower kV wouldn't hurt performance.

HobbyStar 2826 (3548) Brushless Outrunner Motor (rcjuice.com)

I think the rest of my set up is available.​

The ESCs were out of a Tigercat, nice that they come with long battery leads that are more than long enough for the Bronco. You'll have to change the bullet connectors for the motors, they don't show in stock but there are others - Freewing 60 Amp Brushless ESC with XT-60 Connector [051D002001] Motion RC

I picked APCe 11x8 propellers in normal and pusher. APC-Landing Products Electric Propeller, 11 x 8E | Tower Hobbies
                                      APC-Landing Products Thin Electric Pusher Propeller, 11 x 8 | Tower Hobbies

Spinners. You have to carve the opening on the pusher one.- Great Planes Spinner 2" Nylon Aluminum Black | Tower Hobbies​​

Comment

• Before the first season got too far with this plane, I was wanting more power. I went with 60A ESCs, Eflite Power 25 motors, 5-blade Scimitar props and spinners from an Eflite EC1500, plus a Freewing E51 gyro (made for SebArt) with moderate gain on the rudder to tame the tail waggle. It has become one of my favourite prop planes.
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3705.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	360480Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3688.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	360481Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3692.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	360482

Comment

• This is Roy's Rough Landing with his Custom Flightline OV-10 Bronco 1400mm RC Warbird.

Comment

Working...
                                          X