Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New E-flite Fw-190A, 1.5m

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
    No matter how they have finished this Plane. You will a few chronic complainers to bash the finish. The fix is simple, if you do not like it and change it complaining will not help. I repaint almost all my planes after flying or the minute I take them out of the box. Get over it if you can not do this do not buy one it's that simple
    It isn't so much that people don't like the finish, but in this case, horizon was just lazy. It is this laziness that I'm objecting to. In truth, it would have been easier to just half ass a bunch of random splotches instead of a template of polka dots, and it while it may have looked wrong to the scale monkey on our backs, it wouldn't have looked bad and wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
    Polka dots are for bombers

Click image for larger version  Name:	PolkaDotWarriors04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	295186
    At least polka-dot ugly has a purpose, when the aircraft WANTS to be seen, to establish the bomber boxes for a mission.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Polka dots are for bombers

Click image for larger version

Name:	PolkaDotWarriors04.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	295186

Leave a comment:

• Wild Man
    replied
    No matter how they have finished this Plane. You will a few chronic complainers to bash the finish. The fix is simple, if you do not like it and change it complaining will not help. I repaint almost all my planes after flying or the minute I take them out of the box. Get over it if you can not do this do not buy one it's that simple

Leave a comment:

• AirHead
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    But polka dots??? My eyes are still bleeding.
    Perhaps try joining the dots and see what kind of scheme appears. A Swastika on the vertical stab should make them disappear...

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I have the MiG and had zero issues but I know others have.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Yes. The MiG-17 also has the gear controller that is separate from the gear motor. My MiG-17 has been down because of the gear, too. I'd forgotten about it. :-/

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Is the issue the same as what people had with the MiG17?

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Evan, you can always replace the crappy LG controller with one from LX. I'm in the process of doing that now for mine. I keep getting distracted with other builds, to actually replace the controller and get my Starmax FW-190 back in the air.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I talked to a friend that got one a few months ago and hasn’t had any gear problems. Maybe it’s better than older ones? At $260 shipped I can try it...

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Seems I made a post and it disappeared... With the release of the HH FW catching my attention I decided to get one but not the HH. A 20% coupon, no tax and no shipping swung me towards the Hobby King one.
    The 1.6m Starmax Wurger? Good luck with the blasted gear!

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Seems I made a post and it disappeared... With the release of the HH FW catching my attention I decided to get one but not the HH. A 20% coupon, no tax and no shipping swung me towards the Hobby King one.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    But polka dots??? My eyes are still bleeding.

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    I think HH new that most Luftwaffe enthusiasts are also modelers and figured if they just provided a decent canvas we’d all be happy and that most of us would change the scheme to what we want anyway.

Leave a comment:

• steven gubala
    replied
    My theory is, look at the plane not the paint scheme, you can always change that.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    SanExup - I hear you on price point and I can only assume that adding the smart stuff and having HH on the box drives that higher than others (not sure how we sell the 1600 corsair for like $70-$80 less).

But that said, it looks like a solid aircraft that flies really well. But I do notice from seeing a lot of the E-flite aircraft at my club, that they can be very hit or miss on their paint jobs. I am probably biased as I am just around Freewing/FlightLine stuff everyday, but when I see the P-51, or the F-4 and then look at comparable FlightLine ones, they just look more like toys to me. The SU-30 looks great and the FMS Tigercat, but this scheme certainly doesn't work. Reminds me of the new HSD Me262 where I feel for that price, the scheme looks totally off. The Freewing or even Dynam 262's look much better.

But If I wanted a P-51 right now, the EFlite one would be the one to get and Callie and some elbow grease can make it look like anything you desire.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    James I agree with your posts and the others. And I paint most of the planes I own. I just feel for that price point it should look better out of the box. I agree with the can't please everyone all.the time and haters are just going to hate. The plane minus the paint seems awesome. And maybe its not the scheme I would want but it should at least look a little more historic and a little less cartoonish. The FL Spitfires look incredible. Using the Spitfire as a point of comparison, maybe adding the Spektrum rx and telemetry esc would bring the spit into the same price category. I guess the point of what I am saying is, for that price, my expectations are high. I do expect a good paint job and better dots.

All said, I will probably own this plane eventually and enjoy painting it.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Originally posted by James View Post

Thats the real answer. Any RC'er shouldn't let a stock paint job be the deciding factor on a model they want. It's not always feasible for companies to produce multiple liveries of the same plane and regardless of which you choose, people will like/dislike.

I like the model and might just have to get myself one down the road. And I would be happy to give some business Callie's way and have fun with the rattle cans and airbrush.
    Yep. As can be seen by the Seagull Bf-109E that I recently repainted, a horrendous stock paint job won't stop me from buying a warbird. Things like improper gear stance and mis-shapen canopy will. I hate 2-bladed props on 3 and 4 bladed warbirds, too, but I'm almost always able to change those. I'm loving the stance of this EFlite FW-190A. The Flightline 1.1m FW-190A has a good stance, too!

James, when is Motion going to commission an FW-190D-9 or D-13??? I'd pre-order one today, if it were announced!

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    I am excited to get this Wurger and will repaint it. Repaints are fun to do anyway.
    Thats the real answer. Any RC'er shouldn't let a stock paint job be the deciding factor on a model they want. It's not always feasible for companies to produce multiple liveries of the same plane and regardless of which you choose, people will like/dislike.

I like the model and might just have to get myself one down the road. And I would be happy to give some business Callie's way and have fun with the rattle cans and airbrush.

Leave a comment:

• jetdoc
    replied
    Agreed. Let's just fly and paint as we like. As I said before, I've seen far too much debate over the years over FS and RLM colors when both have variations due to batch differences, quality control, distance from subject and other factors. What really irks me is for someone to argue colors when their only evidence is an 80 year old photograph. I'm looking forward ti the new 190. Love the stance. Always has a much more menacing look than most other fighters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X