Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxotnik
    replied
    I took my Weiss 5 to the field today and sortied her four times, primarily shooting touch-n-goes. I wrote up my thoughts on landing this plane over on RCG. I won't rewrite that here, but here's the direct link to that post, if anyone is interested in reading my thoughts on what it takes to make decent landings with this plane.
    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

In a nutshell, if you have poor landing technique (suck as try to glide in, or coming in too fast), expect ugly landings. This plane really wants to be 3-pointed, and is VERY unforgiving of less-than-perfect landings.

I did finally get my White 5 decals from Callie and got them on.

Leave a comment:

• Tim K
    replied
    Here is my maiden flight of the FW190. Our club was swampy this morning so I went to the play field by a school I sometimes fly at. The grass was pretty tall but the plane handled it well. Much better than the old FMS 190. The video isn't much, just a gopro hat cam. Everything was setup by the book with CG at 110mm

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Torpedo bomber? I love it!

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    JUST LOVE THAT CALLIE!

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Thanks for letting others know!

Leave a comment:

• Phatbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

callie will fix whatever problems you tell her about
    I know Callie well make good. It's no big deal to me. I just wanted to give a heads up. If I replaced the decals, I'll be in for some paint repair. I'm going to live with what I have.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    My 1/7 scale nomenclature decals also looks a bit on the large size. I'm not too worried about it though.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
    I received my graphics from Callie and I believe them to be on the small side. I calculated scale of the plane at 1/7 and ordered accordingly. I also ordered the nomenclature and find those to be on the large side. If I did it again, I'd order the 1/6 scale decal sheet.
    callie will fix whatever problems you tell her about

Leave a comment:

• Phatbob
    replied
    I received my graphics from Callie and I believe them to be on the small side. I calculated scale of the plane at 1/7 and ordered accordingly. I also ordered the nomenclature and find those to be on the large side. If I did it again, I'd order the 1/6 scale decal sheet.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dirk.S
    replied
    Here's my FW190, all stock. I might give her a respray one day but I've got too much else going on at the moment so I'll just enjoy her for how she flies!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cfreuen20
    replied
    an update regarding the customer service component of this airplane - I started a support ticket on Feb 16, received confirmation of the ticket on the 17th, and then received exactly zero support for a week. I contacted them again and they apologized, as well as ask me a few questions. They requested a video, which I sent on Feb 25th. Since then, they've gone dark despite a couple more emails from me asking if they still planned to address my issues. Still nothing.

Horizon does not impress me. Wow, I have to say this is surprising.

Leave a comment:

• AirHead
    replied
    Not all the markings are on, but it is otherwise ready.to maiden.
    Another great rendition! What a difference from the "schlage" that HH doled out....Shame on their producers....

Leave a comment:

• AirHead
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim K View Post
    Here is my repaint of the e-flite 190. Markings from Callie Graphics of course.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3499.JPEG
Views:	801
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	301044Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3498.JPEG
Views:	771
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	301045Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3500.JPEG
Views:	773
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	301046Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3497.JPEG
Views:	758
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	301047Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3503.JPEG
Views:	768
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	301048Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3505.JPEG
Views:	766
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	301049Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3504.JPEG
Views:	808
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	301050
    Fantastic!...The "Real Deal"....

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    Just AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by Cchrissyv1 View Post

I really like what you did. What paint did you use? I am thinking of a adding a custom look once I get mine.

Looks like you touched up those ugly polka dots too
    Thank you it was a lot of fun to do. I'm almost thinking about getting another one to do a different scheme.

Rattle cans: I use a graffiti artist paint from Germany that you can find at any serious artist supply store called Montana Cans. The Black label is an lacquer based paint, the gold acrylic. These paints are dry and can mask with the purple 3M tape usually within 5-10min of spraying. You can also get different caps for fine to wide spray.
    For RLM76 I used Montana Cans Black - Dove For RLM 04 Montana Cans Gold - Shock Yellow
    For the white cowl Montana Cans Gold - Shock White.

For camo, I used AK Interactive Real Colors sprayed on via an airbrush
    RC278 - RLM 74
    RC278 - RLM75 RC265 - RLM02 for wheel wells and inner gear doors

​​​​​​The rest are water slide decals. Most decals were masked off and underpainted white before application.

Leave a comment:

• Cchrissyv1
    replied
    I really like what you did. What paint did you use? I am thinking of a adding a custom look once I get mine.

Looks like you touched up those ugly polka dots too

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tim K
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

Heinz Bar's Rot 13. Nicely done!! If you have the Flightline Rot 13, too, you should take "Me and Minnie Me" photo. :-)
    Work in progress photo. Not the best mini me photo but the 1200mm is on the floor in the background.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim K View Post

Yep, I have the flightline one and the old FMS 190 that I also repainted in Heinz Bar's scheme. I really like Fw190's
    You’re not alone there. I have the Starmax 1.6m, EFlite 1.5m, and FlightLine 1.1 m Würgers. Yesterday, I took my FlightLine and EFlites 190s to the field.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

Heinz Bar's Rot 13. Nicely done!! If you have the Flightline Rot 13, too, you should take "Me and Minnie Me" photo. :-)
    Nice, the weathering looks great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X