Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paladin
    replied
    so, i love the way this plane fly's. i don't like the power plant they picked, i don't think it does the aircraft justice. so i did an engine-ectomy. i replaced the stock power with a turnagy NTM 5060-380 turning a ape 15x10x2 on8s. to follow is my path

my initial thought was the stock motor was a 4258 and i was replacing with a 5060 so i was only 2mm longer. well, its clear they did not use the same ruler to measure both. the 5060 is 10mm longer.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/propdriv...ucts_analytics

https://www.smallpartscnc.com/index....product_id=130

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../EFL01371.html

https://www.dolphinco.com.au/spinner...inum-2-blades/

so i started by buying an extra x mount and elongating the holes to fit the 5060 and drilling out the center hole till it fit over the c ring on the back of the 5060. the 5060 covered part of the screw holes that mount the x mount to the firewall so i installed the screws in it before loc-tite-ing the x mount to the motor,

removing the stock motor is accomplished by removing the four x mount to firewall screws. the esc is glued in so it pulls out the nose with a little elbow grease.

the castle 100amp fit in the same spot, though i did have to lengthen the battery lead. the 5060 with the modified x mount screws right in place of the stock motor. when i thought the motors were 2mm delta i figured i could use the back plate of the stock spinner to give me the cooling fan, but 10mm delta put the fan mostly out side the cowl. so i went with just the dolphin spinner. i started with the 15x10x2 prop with a plan to go to the master airscrew 14x9x3.

i put two flights on it today, the first it was flying in and out of the lifting fog which was ok because i wanted to test how well the firewall would hold up to a motor putting out 3 hp so i wanted to do a lot of fast throttle ups, then MPT's. second flight i did all the maneuvers i usually do. i did notice that when i retracted the wheels at full tilt they would bind as the wheels entered the wing, at half throttle they went up fine. this is because i put a robart wheel on the stock hub, it was one i had here and it was a 1/4 inch larger than everyone has been using so i'm not worried about it at this point. so now it does all the maneuvers like a fighter!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• walkerm45
    replied
    Has this forum died a slow death?

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A94639B8-F15D-42C7-BB95-03D7A2F46C70.jpeg
Views:	399
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	322556Click image for larger version

Name:	4AE8FB81-813C-4E06-9FFB-12C4A61E0453.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	322549Click image for larger version

Name:	D92D5F34-F5AE-4745-A497-F6FE45AAF0F4.jpeg
Views:	403
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	322550Click image for larger version

Name:	EE3A0AD2-91B4-4B5D-AF62-78BC3D4F03E3.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	322551Click image for larger version

Name:	FC1085A0-3B36-4A76-BD7B-6072054AC114.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	322552Click image for larger version

Name:	66203407-A1A5-4D77-8EC4-F78D08A743A2.jpeg
Views:	405
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	322553Click image for larger version

Name:	6FDB9607-9841-4652-8194-764ADF357011.jpeg
Views:	395
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	322554Click image for larger version

Name:	484AD1A6-CC68-45DC-9561-3D946DC06EF2.jpeg
Views:	412
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	322555Click image for larger version

Name:	A94639B8-F15D-42C7-BB95-03D7A2F46C70.jpeg
Views:	398
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	322557 86 flights as of yesterday. For me this is the most I have ever flown a plane in one season and it is not even over yet. I might hit 100 this year.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Excellent! It could have been any of those things so I listed them all…

many use the main trim all the way down and if you ever do then throttle cut at -130 works. But set up as I said makes the throws -100/0/100…

Leave a comment:

• Chris curran
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Center your trim and sub trim. Put travel at 100 and -100. Throttle cut at -100. Turn off throttle cut and calibrate the ESC.
    Thank you. That did it. The Throttle cut will shut off the motor even at half throttle. It works like it should.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Center your trim and sub trim. Put travel at 100 and -100. Throttle cut at -100. Turn off throttle cut and calibrate the ESC.

Leave a comment:

• Chris curran
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    Have you tried recalibrating your throttle?
    I did. It would still do this intermittently . So, I swapped out The Old ESC from my Crashed FW. It seems to be working better.

Leave a comment:

• Chris curran
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    Any chance that the trim on your throttle is not zeroed out?
    It was Zeroed out. However, at full zero the throttle would engage, so I had to add 25% up throttle trim for it to stop.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Have you tried recalibrating your throttle?

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Any chance that the trim on your throttle is not zeroed out?

Leave a comment:

• Chris curran
    replied
    Ok. I'm having a weird issue with my FW. The ESC will not slow down for the aircraft to make a safe landing. Now, Sometimes it will, and then it won't. The Throttle stays at ,just under. quarter throttle. Also the Throttle cut will not engage unless you toggle the switch twice. Now, During the ground pre flite, it's fine, Once it runs for a little bit, It acts up. Has anyone else had this issue, and is it the ESC?

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    BEAUTIFUL job on the custom schemes!

Terry Dunn does a nice video review of the model for Model Aviation Magazine here:

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by T- Elbert View Post
    Mostly finished with my repaint on my FW 190. Nowotny’s white 10 winter splinter
    TE, Superb work. Just a great job on your repaint. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• T- Elbert
    replied
    A Yak 9 would be cool too
    but La-7’s are bitchin

Leave a comment:

• Vaseline
    replied
    Need a La 7 or MiG 3 to go with it. Nice work Travis

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    T- Elbert I LOVE THIS, well done!

Leave a comment:

• T- Elbert
    replied
    Thanks SanExup

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    T- Elbert So badass!

Leave a comment:

• T- Elbert
    replied
    Mostly finished with my repaint on my FW 190. Nowotny’s white 10 winter splinter

Leave a comment:

• bobtheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

I did two things to my EFlite 190, to stop the Elevator pushrod from flexing.

First, I wedged a piece of foam up against the pushrod tube inside the fuselage. The pushrod still wanted to bend, so I replaced the wimpy stock pushrod with a beefier pushrod. I used a 2-56 rod for my pushrod. It is almost too fat for the pushrod tube, but it’s worked fine for me for over 60 flights.
    Thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

Working...
X