• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t01ga
    replied
    Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    Awsome job lenny and tolga not sure whats next the mustang or this fw
    Thanks mate, appreciate that. It was an easy decision for me as I don't like the Mustang ( I know I am the odd one out). But in terms of more scale details and the plastic edging around the battery bay should be a consideration.

Leave a comment:

• steven gubala
    replied
    Hey Tolga, what tape did you use, great job.

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Awsome job lenny and tolga not sure whats next the mustang or this fw

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied
    Originally posted by Lenny View Post
    Great job Tolga.
    I thought about complete repainting too. But decided to work with what I got and just improved the polka dots. But yours look really awesome πŸ˜™
    Here is my result:
    https://www.hobbysquawk.com/special/...ring-and-sound
    Hi Lenny, it is no doubt that it is a very much improved look compare to stock and the weathering looks nice.

Leave a comment:

• Lenny
    replied
    Great job Tolga.
    I thought about complete repainting too. But decided to work with what I got and just improved the polka dots. But yours look really awesome πŸ˜™
    Here is my result:

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F23D27F8-FA94-4110-95D1-A152C957E8B5.jpeg
Views:	712
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	304918Click image for larger version

Name:	00B4D85F-6E93-495D-9831-FEC31285E191.jpeg
Views:	721
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	304919Click image for larger version

Name:	1C56F835-88A1-430F-8002-78405C6DB64D.jpeg
Views:	700
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	304920Click image for larger version

Name:	FD7D1DBF-3F05-4235-83D0-FAF57112DCB9.jpeg
Views:	721
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	304917Click image for larger version

Name:	9775333A-DDEE-4F3E-A4A1-7E845E6EC452.jpeg
Views:	725
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	304915Click image for larger version

Name:	485210E2-C847-4649-A452-D6669104A897.jpeg
Views:	707
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	304916 I am pretty much done. It looks more like a warbird now!

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Yes, like replacing all the guages in my car with idiot lights. Or like where our country is going by outlawing gas powered cars. Sure it works and is simpler but the old way works better for me.

Leave a comment:

• mshagg
    replied
    Perhaps a little off topic but if they wanted to make the hobby better they wouldn't be going down the path of proprietary and closed source solutions. Horizon is looking out for horizon here.

Given the 100C 6S 5000 packs cost an eye watering $330AUD here ($255USD) and can't successfully pass a 35C test, I'm glad I don't have to buy into that ecosystem (yet lol).

Leave a comment:

• 406PIlot
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Obviously experience varies, but I value them quite highly.

Not only am I able to fly the battery instead of the timer, I very much appreciate they will go.to storage voltage on their own. This greatly extends the life of the battery and reduces the chance a bad battery will cause the loss of the plane.

​I am a better steward of my batteries because of the information and smart tech

I have one that has several hundred cycles almost all in edfs. The IR is about 8 and the casing looks like new.

I've never had a.smart battery puff, and quite objectively they have lasted far longer for me than any other battery.

My batteries and storing my batteries is safer because of smart tech.

The smart chargers will also quite nicely charge any battery, and are quite powerful for the cost. If you like the ISDT chargers, then you have the same thing as the spektrum smart chargers.

​​​​​​As for losing the balance leads, I don't see the problem. It is an innovation that reduces the overall weight of the battery and isn't necessary when the ability to manage cell voltage is already integral in the design.

​​​​​Whether or not this tech becomes standard or not is uncertain. It's not perfect. However I'm really glad that at least someone is out there not only wondering how we can make the rc electric tech better, but also actually trying to do something about it.

​​​​​​
    Just wanted to put this out there. The new G2 smart batteries do not weigh less because of the loss of the balance lead. The batteries actually weigh more because of a built in / internal chip that does the balancing. The G2 batteries on average are 30-50grams more than the version 1 smart batteries.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Don’t get me wrong, I love battery telemetry. I use it as my primary gage for when it’s time to land. The timer is a backup. I donβ€˜t need a SMART battery to get this though. Even the SMART FW-190 can be run with a non-SMART battery and will telemeter battery voltage (total voltage). On my DX9, only the total pack voltage can be enunciated. Individual cell voltages in flight are not of value to me because they can’t be enunciated, or I can’t have the lowest of the individual cells enunciated.

A JumperT16 OpenTX radio is my radio of choice, and I prefer FrSky X8R receivers and telemetry modules over Spekky. I need the balance ports for the FrSky voltage sensors to work. I’ll never give that up; so, I’ll never buy a V2 SMART battery. Plus, I don’t like that HH/Spekky is trying to change the charging game, where the end user has to buy equipment only from them. Proprietary 'Standards' suck.

I’m sure that the V2 SMART batteries are good batteries and the new balance-plug-less SMART chargers are good. Some of their added features are pretty intriguing. I just won’t be buying into it.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

I own one SMART battery (V1), which I purchased for use in the EFlite FW-190. I'm not impressed with it enough to buy any more. I am NOT going to buy any SMART LiPo chargers; so, I definitely won't be buying any V2 SMART batteries.
    Obviously experience varies, but I value them quite highly.

Not only am I able to fly the battery instead of the timer, I very much appreciate they will go.to storage voltage on their own. This greatly extends the life of the battery and reduces the chance a bad battery will cause the loss of the plane.

​I am a better steward of my batteries because of the information and smart tech

I have one that has several hundred cycles almost all in edfs. The IR is about 8 and the casing looks like new.

I've never had a.smart battery puff, and quite objectively they have lasted far longer for me than any other battery.

My batteries and storing my batteries is safer because of smart tech.

The smart chargers will also quite nicely charge any battery, and are quite powerful for the cost. If you like the ISDT chargers, then you have the same thing as the spektrum smart chargers.

​​​​​​As for losing the balance leads, I don't see the problem. It is an innovation that reduces the overall weight of the battery and isn't necessary when the ability to manage cell voltage is already integral in the design.

​​​​​Whether or not this tech becomes standard or not is uncertain. It's not perfect. However I'm really glad that at least someone is out there not only wondering how we can make the rc electric tech better, but also actually trying to do something about it.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Originally posted by mshagg View Post
    The smart stuff is backwards compatible with generic equipment, but my bet would be when paired together (Rx and ESC) they switch to a serial data connection (after performing a handshake on power up) which allows for duplex communication of Rx signal and ESC telemetry over the single wire. Someone like Andy Kunz would probably be able to provide insights.

Its a chilling look at Horizons vision for the hobby. Their new batteries have even done away with balance connectors...
    ​​​​​
    I own one SMART battery (V1), which I purchased for use in the EFlite FW-190. I'm not impressed with it enough to buy any more. I am NOT going to buy any SMART LiPo chargers; so, I definitely won't be buying any V2 SMART batteries.

Leave a comment:

• mshagg
    replied
    The smart stuff is backwards compatible with generic equipment, but my bet would be when paired together (Rx and ESC) they switch to a serial data connection (after performing a handshake on power up) which allows for duplex communication of Rx signal and ESC telemetry over the single wire. Someone like Andy Kunz would probably be able to provide insights.

Its a chilling look at Horizons vision for the hobby. Their new batteries have even done away with balance connectors...
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Yes, this is interesting... Maybe odd is a better word. Thanks for the response.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
    Evan, this is the second Eflite model I have had to switch out the new spectrum escs to get the mr rc sound card to work. Seems there is a direct path between the esc and the receiver the speak to each other, putting a Y on the throttle line does not work. Even the wizards at Horizon and Mr.Rcsound had no answer to this issue. Ask me how I know. By the way, she sounds fantastic in the air on sweeping fly bys! So much fun to fly this ship.
    Interesting. Reading this makes me think the following might be going on.

Smart esc is now sending lots of telemetry information to the receiver and receiver is sending info to esc such as throttle state.

My guess is that the sound card cannot disambiguate the throttle state in the signal.

I'm going to speculate that other channels will not have this same concern. The problem is the stock receiver is 6 channels and there is no free channel for mixing the throttle for the sound card. I wonder if swapping the receiver for the new 8 channel will work around the problem?

Leave a comment:

• MANFRED
    replied
    Evan, this is the second Eflite model I have had to switch out the new spectrum escs to get the mr rc sound card to work. Seems there is a direct path between the esc and the receiver the speak to each other, putting a Y on the throttle line does not work. Even the wizards at Horizon and Mr.Rcsound had no answer to this issue. Ask me how I know. By the way, she sounds fantastic in the air on sweeping fly bys! So much fun to fly this ship.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I'm confused by this answer. The sound system needs to be powered by the correct voltage and then the signal needs to come from the receiver, usually Y'd or mixed to throttle. What does the ESC have to do with it and why are you saying it has to be swapped out?

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post

Sound cards do no work with the new ESC, must be swapped out!
    Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
    Any issues with the MRRcsound and the stock ESC? Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    I sortied White 5 four or five times yesterday. Flew once with an EFlite 1.5m Mustang. It was an off-landing day for me. The winds were virtually still, and maybe that threw me off. Some days, it's just hard to get in the groove. Here're a few still photos and videos from yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• MANFRED
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
    Any issues with the MRRcsound and the stock ESC? Thanks !
    Sound cards do no work with the new ESC, must be swapped out!

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    A friend added his to the schwarm today

Leave a comment:

Working...
X