First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    That's not possible completely. It will leave an outline where the decal was. If your repainting, I use packing tape or paint over them.
    I remove the decal. I've had bad luck with factoring over some decals. Once removed, feather in an acrylic paint to act as a primer and level the affected area. Usually I use a Vallejo white. I just add it until I get it feeling smooth across the transition. I rarely try to make it perfect because usually a new decal is going where the old one was and this hides most flaws

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Originally posted by bobtheman View Post
    What can you do to support the elv. rod from flexing?

Thnaks
    I did two things to my EFlite 190, to stop the Elevator pushrod from flexing.

First, I wedged a piece of foam up against the pushrod tube inside the fuselage. The pushrod still wanted to bend, so I replaced the wimpy stock pushrod with a beefier pushrod. I used a 2-56 rod for my pushrod. It is almost too fat for the pushrod tube, but it’s worked fine for me for over 60 flights.

Leave a comment:

• bobtheman
    replied
    What can you do to support the elv. rod from flexing?

Thnaks

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    That's not possible completely. It will leave an outline where the decal was. If your repainting, I use packing tape or paint over them.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Franke
    replied
    How you guys remove the old decals without ruining the surface.

Leave a comment:

• jseese
    replied
    Does anyone have a guide for the nomenclature placement? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    jseese

​​​​​​​
    Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
    I received my graphics from Callie and I believe them to be on the small side. I calculated scale of the plane at 1/7 and ordered accordingly. I also ordered the nomenclature and find those to be on the large side. If I did it again, I'd order the 1/6 scale decal sheet.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by jseese View Post
    For those that have used Callie Graphics what scale did you use? Thanks!
    I usually just tell her which model I'm working with and she sends the correct scale automatically.

The Eflite FW190 is approximately 1:7 scale
    I made my own waterslide or painted graphics, and my friend did the Russian front winter camo using a combination of some of mine and Callie's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210429_172858769.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	314463
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jseese
    replied
    For those that have used Callie Graphics what scale did you use? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    i really like this fw190a..flys great when u listen to advise from others lol.. all the statements about landing with some power seem true as i tryed a no power and stalled it from about 2 feet up and it came down on left main,, no damage to plane but the retract quit and now have to wait for july to get a new one from hh...if anyone knows where i can get a new or used retract unit please let me know as i dont want to wait for july

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Loving this plane in the grass.

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied
    SanExup yeah!!! Please don’t be quite, it is music to my ears

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Originally posted by t01ga View Post
    Gilatrout I had a look, those machines are not cheap. I think I stick to old school which is perfectly alright for what we are trying to achieve.
    The old school laser printer?

There is a quality to something that is near perfect but still wears the signs of being done by hand. Even assisted by the laser printer.

Maybe I'm nuts but in my mind it's like comparing a near perfect drummer and a drum machine. The gifted drummer will always sound better to me. I think someone with the patience to meticulously create or work something by hand is greatly rewarded in the result. As are the people who get a chance to see it or hear it. I'll try to be quiet about it because it is just an Efite Fw 190 1.5 meter foam rc plane, but it's damn near perfect!

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    The
    Gilatrout I had a look, those machines are not cheap. I think I stick to old school which is perfectly alright for what we are trying to achieve.

I have the cricut air. The full model is overkill and has features not useful for the hobby. I got mine for a little over $100

I also use it With my laser printer to create custom waterslide decals. The cricut cuts the decal precisely at the border so depending on the decal, there is no Glossy border

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

If you have access to a cricut machine you can get .02mm film and cut out mask templates on it. I use a light mist of repositionable tack on the film and haven't had a mask peel the paint underneath yet.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I should look into that.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    SanExup Thanks man, appreciate that. You are right; I printed the number and placed a thin clear plastic over and cut it out. The “3” is 3” tall and 1 3/4” wide. Having a clear stencil helps with accurate placement.Click image for larger version

Name:	3F3D89DF-B80E-4B6F-999C-4C1E6EFBC7F3.jpeg
Views:	473
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	309992
    If you have access to a cricut machine you can get .02mm film and cut out mask templates on it. I use a light mist of repositionable tack on the film and haven't had a mask peel the paint underneath yet.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Thank you!! My weekend project now!

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied
    SanExup Thanks man, appreciate that. You are right; I printed the number and placed a thin clear plastic over and cut it out. The “3” is 3” tall and 1 3/4” wide. Having a clear stencil helps with accurate placement.Click image for larger version

Name:	3F3D89DF-B80E-4B6F-999C-4C1E6EFBC7F3.jpeg
Views:	473
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	309992

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    t01ga Of course all of the details you have done are amazing. I am drawn to the stenciled numbers. This is one detail I feel like I have to attempt. Did you print numbers and create the stencil template? Do you mind me asking what the dimensions are? They look perfect. The quality it gives versus a decal is outstanding.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X