Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phatbob
    replied
    Working on my paint scheme now. I'm doing red 13. QUESTION: Once the wing tips are plugged in, can they be easily removed?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Manfred, Gilatrout, SanExup,
    Excellent work, guys!

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_212650.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	299930 I know some might crap a beer stein at what I'm doing, but I chose a more unconventional paint scheme for mine. I have other Focke Wulf planes with more traditional schemes and wanted something different but that was still modelled after an original existing scheme. I still have work to do but this is more or less what I'm going for. And it's really my first attempts with weathering. All rattle can, I need to get an airbrush for future projects but I learned a ton. And I'm happy with the results thus far. I also realize it will need shade when not in the air. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_213655.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	299931

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
    My new scheme
    Very nice. There are so many cool FW 190 schemes.

Did you repaint the bottom too?

Leave a comment:

• MANFRED
    replied
    My new scheme
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    My boy Hermann just got out of the printer. I'm pretty pleased at how he came out. Not perfect, but certainly good enough.

Name:	IMG_20210218_210610_01.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	299921

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Mine is coming along despite the weather. I've done some cockpit upgrades and I'm currently printing what I hope will be a replacement pilot.

I'm going for Hermann Graf's tulip scheme. I'll be using waterslide decals where I can't paint. I'm using my little vinyl cutter to make painting masks out of thin plastic film and wide masking tape where there are compound curves. So far it's going pretty well.

I'm going to tackle the RLM76 next. I wanted to avoid repainting everything, but that scale monkey on my back is making me itch.

Name:	IMG_20210216_095048_01.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	299907Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210218_122550_01.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	299908Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210216_141647_01.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	299909
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cfreuen20
    replied
    hey everyone, I hate to be a pest but I'm a tad confused by the as3x and safe setup. full disclaimer, I have been flying since the mid 90s - I am very experienced with warbirds, I am a good pilot and I don't NEED this system so please spare me the gyro lecture. This is my first as3x/safe select BNF, and since I paid for it, I want to try it out. I activated the safe select just to fiddle around and get a better understanding, I have previously programmed an AR637T for another plane and found it quite easy and intuitive. This one is not doing what I expected, and doesn't give me any ability to "tune" as3x. I don't understand why it's blocking me from some things, and when I have safe select switched on the plane doesn't give me any auto leveling response.

What I want is 3 flight modes: mode 1 - absolutely nothing.
    mode 2 - as3x stabilization only
    mode 3 - as3x and safe, with auto leveling so I can teach my buddy how to fly warbirds. I want to be able to put it inverted, flip a switch and have it right itself so my buddy is confident he can handle it.

thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• MANFRED
    replied
    Just finished my redeaux. Will replace the new ESC as the newer Spektrums will not work with a Mr.RC-Sound card. Something to do with the extra line on the throttle so the esc and receiver can talk to each other.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cfreuen20
    replied
    the right aileron and light would also lose connection with slight forward pressure on the rear of the wing tip. I had to disassemble the connection and slide the female connector further out of it's housing.

just a heads up.

Leave a comment:

• Cfreuen20
    replied
    you guys were correct, the issue was in the wing to body servo connector "system." The pins were recessed in the fuselage portion, so I removed the housing they were in, labeled each connector, and just connect them manually once the wing is bolted on. The flaps and gear work now, but it was definitely a nuisance for a plane in this price tier. good looking out on the elevator flex, mine took very little pressure and it was flexing like crazy. I added a wedge of balsa and some glue inside the fuselage, we'll see if that improves anything. impressive QC, HH.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    I put the finishing touches on my Nowotny Wurger yestereday. She's been thoroughly checked and balanced and is ready to fly (hopefully, this weekend). The White 5 will be added, as soon as I get it from Callie.

Primary source photo.

My hack at it.

I'm pretty pleased with how she's turned out. The RLM70 really makes her stand out. There are a few scale inaccuracies still:
    1. The spinner should be solid RLM 70. The spiral spinner is so iconic and well done, that I'm going to leave it spiral for now, but will very likely repaint it to RLM 70.
    2. There's no evidence that Weiss 5 carried a grunherz emblem. I'm granting myself artistic license to add it, though, since a Nowotny aircraft NEEDS a Green Heart! Plus, I doubt that no one can ever prove that this aircraft NEVER had a grunherz painted on it. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    And while everyone says that they make too many P-51's I'm hoping for a 1600 FL P-51D. I'd also like a well done 1600 F-82 done with the TigerCat power system.

Leave a comment:

• AirHead
    replied
    "Good things come to those who wait" ', always seems like a hopeful recommendation. How long you have to wait is the question. The bell has been ringing for a few years asking for a FlightLine FW190. Hopefully, Motion is holding it's ace card to throw at this product seeing that many are discovering it's a bit of a troubled sheep in Focke Wulf's clothing. Anyway, here's hoping a better butcher bird emerges from the FlightLine nest....

Leave a comment:

• Arycon
    replied
    Gotta say that I am not impressed by these initial issues. I agree that for what this plane costs, there should be no problems like this out of the box. I certainly don't want to be worried about the central connector that operates the entire wing.

I just lost an E-flite 1.2m Corsair for unknown reasons (appeared to be signal loss but haven't diagnosed) but that plane was 3 or 4 years old with a lot of flights on it. A brand new plane is not something we should have to modify in respect to pushrods and wing connections. I wouldn't be removing the wing once installed so my expectation would need to be 100% confidence that connection will be solid every flight.

Feeling like I may pass on this one for a time to see what the growing pains are like.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Oxotnik I haven't specifically looked at it. But it was something that caught my attention as I was painting. As I installed the horizontal stabs, I remember pushing on the control rod a little and not feeling the servo move but had flex. In the back of my mind I thought to check it, but just wasn't there yet. And then reading your post today I knew immediately that this is what I was feeling and that I will need to fix it. I will verify it tomorrow but I'm 98% sure that mine is the same.

I did contact HH about the connector. They are saying someone will contact me tomorrow via email. I don't expect much and will probably just move on with the extensions like you've done. It will fit fine in my truck with the center wing section attached to the fuse. It will mean one or two less planes to the field but that might save on some hanger rash

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    I've found that rigidly mounted servo connectors at wing interfaces are more of a failure risk than they are a benefit. They're a great idea in theory, but I consider them to be a failure in application. Luckily, I don't have to take wings of planes that are 1.6m or smaller. So, now that I've got my 190 put together and functioning, I won't be taking the wing off for transportation.

Have any of you also found unsupported (and bowing) elevator or rudder push rods? Or was mine just a single bad installation? Even with the elevator pushrod sleeve supported, the elevator pushrod still wants to bow a bit in between the control horn and where the pushrod leaves the fuselage. Not badly, but it wants to bow. I'll mostly likely replace that crappy pushrod with a more beefy pushrod.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Cfreuen20 It is an easy fix but the whole point of that connector is to make it a breeze to connect. It is annoying. Mine is working fine now but whether or not to trust it in the air. I don't think I'm bold enough to see what happens. Even just a gear up landing would suck.

Leave a comment:

• Cfreuen20
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    It's the connection in the wing to fuse. I plugged mine in and the gear wouldn't go down. I looked at the connection and it's as Oxotnik stated, the pins are crap. They are totally loose and weren't lining up. I got them to align while reassembling, straight away the gear comes down. This is extremely disappointing. I probably won't remove the inner wing from the fuse much but for what we've paid, it should work without worrying about it everytime we fly.
    agreed. I was impressed by the design, but this is a glaring flaw.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    It's the connection in the wing to fuse. I plugged mine in and the gear wouldn't go down. I looked at the connection and it's as Oxotnik stated, the pins are crap. They are totally loose and weren't lining up. I got them to align while reassembling, straight away the gear comes down. This is extremely disappointing. I probably won't remove the inner wing from the fuse much but for what we've paid, it should work without worrying about it everytime we fly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X