Name:	IMG_2952.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	374013

Leave a comment:

• jetfool
    replied
    Davegee,
    The colors I'm using are RLM 74,75,76. I matched them to my M&M color chips. I also have the Monogram German paint chips and they match with M&M. I have made the bottom wing antenna from an old plastic modelers paint brush. The ant is 5 1/4" long and is almost the correct shape. If it breaks it is screwed into the wing with a plastic 2-56 bolt like I sent you. My plans were to buy this and fly it stock but I couldn't stand the awful paint scheme HH used. Not going to go as far as my Corsair but will give it some lite weathering. Mostly they were fairly kept clean.
    Also used the german Black from my M&M chips for the cowling. A different shade than straight black. My white is a scale white that I am using on all my planes.
    Dave, If you need the correct paint chips for your NASM project, I will send you my books then you can send back after your paint choices.
    Best Regards, Rex

Leave a comment:

• davegee
    replied
    Originally posted by jetfool View Post
    Working on the wing I have added the gun covers and ejection chutes. Added the 108mm outboard cannons and the 151 mg on my A-8 R8,R2 strum fighter. After 3 coats of clear poly crylic paint I'm going to paint my RLM colors/ Best Regards, Rex

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2945.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	373958

Name:	IMG_2946.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	373959
    Looking great, Rex! Question: what exactly are the colors you're using for this repaint? I will be doing a small plastic model of the Me-163 Komet for the NASM and it is painted similarly. I have not used these German colors before.

Thanks!

Davegee

Leave a comment:

• jetfool
    replied
    Working on the wing I have added the gun covers and ejection chutes. Added the 108mm outboard cannons and the 151 mg on my A-8 R8,R2 strum fighter. After 3 coats of clear poly crylic paint I'm going to paint my RLM colors/ Best Regards, Rex

Name:	IMG_2945.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	373958

Name:	IMG_2946.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	373959

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    Looks Great!

Leave a comment:

• jetfool
    replied
    Fellas,

Here is my version of my FW=190. Using this 3-view and HD paint mixed to my M&M German paint chips. Fuselage is painted and working on the wing. Will do a little weathering after wing is done.
    Best Regards, Rex

Name:	IMG_2938.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	373678

Name:	IMG_2940.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	373679

Name:	IMG_2941.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	373680

Leave a comment:

• 4stripes
    replied
    Ours has now been dolled up with my father's talents. Very pleased it now looks as good as it flies! Click image for larger version  Name:	20230308_130836.jpg Views:	0 Size:	294.6 KB ID:	373528Click image for larger version  Name:	20230308_131622.jpg Views:	0 Size:	287.1 KB ID:	373529Click image for larger version  Name:	20230308_130731.jpg Views:	0 Size:	299.5 KB ID:	373530Click image for larger version  Name:	20230308_130753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.2 KB ID:	373531

Leave a comment:

• 4stripes
    replied
    Having purchased this model, I now find myself looking for some spare parts! Eflite parts out of stock….
    Anyone want to sell their retracts (working) from a wrecked model? Would consider buying the power system as well.
    Thanks!
    Eric

Leave a comment:

• Lateral-G
    replied
    Loving my eflite Fw-190. One of my best flying planes. I added the proper hakenkreuz to the tail and tried to fix the atrocious mottle that eflite attempted. At least Tamiya acrylics matched.

Leave a comment:

• Joehockey
    replied
    Subscribed

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    I put wheels with soft tires on my 190, too. I had to drill out the hubs slightly, and without the bearings, the wheels don’t turn as freely. The softer tires have turned a plane that had been frustrating the piss out of me, into one that I have thoroughly loved flying. I don’t think that I have quite as many flights in my 190 as To1ga has on his, but I’m probably only a dozen or so behind him. I, too, consider this to be favorite warbird this year. I’m even okay with the speed. I wouldn’t have minded a little more speed, but I’ve never seriously considered upgrading the power train.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Thanks everybody.... I didn't know they had made a soft set either... so went and looked and they were in stock.. have a set on the way.

Leave a comment:

• paladin
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    I'm very happy with how they perform. I did purchase the soft tires from HH but they were backordered, so once I received them I had already been flying with the Robarts and I see no reason to switch.
    me too.

my robarts were old and when i took them out of the clam shell one of the rubber flanges was already worn through. so i did the same as you, i had to cut a little of the rubber that rests against the stock hub to make it fit correctly within the hub. probably because mine was 3.75 dia .25 larger than yours.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    I'm very happy with how they perform. I did purchase the soft tires from HH but they were backordered, so once I received them I had already been flying with the Robarts and I see no reason to switch.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    sfcfury It's the Robart UX350 I believe. Whatever the same size of the stock ones are. And I use the stock rims. You have to modify the inner part of the tire, carefully cutting rubber, to make them fit the rim but if you take off just the flange they fit and work great. Here's a photo of how I turned the tire inside out to cut the flange. Again, be conservative with your cutting. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_180827.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	329240

Leave a comment:

• paladin
    replied
    as for the wheels, the soft tire was not available till late in the summer and i had robart 3.75" diamond treads in my used tire box so i used them. i took the rubber part of the tire out of the robart hubs and cut the flange off the rubber tire and just put it over the stock hubs and have ~20 flights on that.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• paladin
    replied
    paladin Are you using the 190s power system in another plane? I'm just curious why you didn't use the stock 100amp esc?
    My grandson looked through my attic hanger for his first warbird. his uncle mentioned that the Mark's models (jemco) 60 size fun scale P-51D with retracts, no flaps was his first warbird and that was the one he wanted. its an excellent warbird trainer because it has a glider wing section so if you don't keep the velocity constant on landing it will balloon, causing a go round. it was in the attic because maidened in 1986 the covering on the open surfaces got brittle and would tear when flown.

powered by a fox 74 muffled down to 88db and turning a huge prop in its first life. so the motor esc combo from this e-flite fw are slated for this plane. i am looking for power for my bh do335 so i plan to set up the p-51D to try the extreme flite Xpwr-22cc as well.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    I love my FW and want to buy another one to play around with the power system. It would be my favorite plane, if I didn't have so many favorites, it's confusing to choose one as the ultimate favorite.
    I don't feel like the stock is too lacking. But ok, yes it would be better if it were faster but I'm satisfied enough with the stock performance. A second, faster one, would be fun too.😁

I use the Robarts on the 190 and the Mustang, I'm very satisfied with the ground handling. I fly from dirt, rough dirt, filthy dirt, and grassy dirt. They're perfect...once they're modified to fit the wheels/rims.

I love flying it back to back with the 1600 Flightline Spitfire. So fun!
    Which Robart wheels are you using? What did you have to modify to make them fit?

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    paladin Are you using the 190s power system in another plane? I'm just curious why you didn't use the stock 100amp esc?

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    I love my FW and want to buy another one to play around with the power system. It would be my favorite plane, if I didn't have so many favorites, it's confusing to choose one as the ultimate favorite.
    I don't feel like the stock is too lacking. But ok, yes it would be better if it were faster but I'm satisfied enough with the stock performance. A second, faster one, would be fun too.😁

I use the Robarts on the 190 and the Mustang, I'm very satisfied with the ground handling. I fly from dirt, rough dirt, filthy dirt, and grassy dirt. They're perfect...once they're modified to fit the wheels/rims.

I love flying it back to back with the 1600 Flightline Spitfire. So fun!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X