First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxotnik
    replied
    No hideous polka dots... :-)

Tomorrow, I'll do the dorsal surfaces in RLM 70, then mottling with RLM 74 and 75. Then, a bit of light weathering, and she'll be ready to fly.

Leave a comment:

• jetdoc
    replied
    Yeah, I'll be repainting the fuselage, adding swastikas, yellow chin and rudder and removing the "Frasca" and "N" numbers. HH should have done so much better with so much reference material available on the 190. I've got the "white 14" sheet from Callie so I plan to remove the stickers from the fuselage, add the green to the upper side and mottling and paint the wheel wells and struts RLM 02. The polka dots suck. Doesn't look like the one they patterned it after at all. Nothing a little time and paint won't fix.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    I had ordered one and received it yesterday. The stickers are vinyl and they do peel the paint with removal. I knew I would be repainting it.

The plane looks great I wonder if the landing gear would benefit from some softer springs and tires? I like the look of the wheels, bit every video I've seen of this plane it looks bouncy. Now with my hands on it, the gear springs seem so stiff. It would be great if rebound dampening were available for such small suspension. But since it isn't, I'm thinking foam wheels and potentially altering the spring might help.

One thing I did notice, it feels like the landing gear is the heaviest part of the model.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Mine appears to be lost somewhere in AZ, so I stopped by my LHS to look at it. The colors look good, the base maybe a bit too green, but over all good. The polka dots suck
    graphics appear to be stickers on clear backing. Lots of excellent nomenclature and details. The stickers and the raised rivet details of I'll present challenges to repainting projects.

Simple repaints such as just fixing the polka dots might be possible by masking off the larger decals and blending the dots into something more scale like. The nomenclature might create problems though.

The white on the fuselage is typical eflite bare unpainted foam. I wish they'd invest in a little white paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130911_01.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	299275Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130735_01.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	299276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130617_01.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	299277Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130505_01.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	299278Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210213_130003_01.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	299279

Leave a comment:

• t01ga
    replied

Name:	66ECDC2E-1D3B-45C1-8448-C1EE5BBF67AA.jpeg
Views:	680
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	299271Click image for larger version

Name:	18F01CAB-CA4C-4843-873C-ACBB0064B1AE.jpeg
Views:	675
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	299269Click image for larger version

Name:	8CF64800-458C-4AA2-B23B-9BA2A1462A58.jpeg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	299267Click image for larger version

Name:	40830BA3-0C7F-48F2-B197-DAD58D1B7720.jpeg
Views:	663
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	299268Click image for larger version

Name:	C99DD138-27D5-443F-A8DE-BC6ACBE6990B.jpeg
Views:	691
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	299266Click image for larger version

Name:	72B5AB67-7552-4823-B621-3B7042EDADC1.jpeg
Views:	673
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	299273Click image for larger version

Name:	FF80FF1B-AEA0-4EBC-88E8-CFF3EDBBA90F.jpeg
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	299272Click image for larger version

Name:	C7538894-D679-44B3-9591-11D85B48F307.jpeg
Views:	679
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	299270 Received mine yesterday. Loving all the little scale details. It even has tyre pressure valves on the wheels. However I will be adding a lot more than that. Definitely deepen the cockpit, replace the pilot, weather inside the cockpit. Then get rid of the polka dots and finish with weathering. Made some progress already.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Mine came in yesterday... it is a very nice plane. Very, very easy to assemble, feels solid. I like the small details everywhere... even the cockpit. Like everybody else, the only 'con' at the moment is the 'polka dots'. I would say that and the pilot... the fact the put some decent effort into the cockpit with 3D details, but throw the same pilot in that all the companies use. I have the Flightline F4U, and that's a great plane, but this has even a better overall 'feel' to the finish. If I could make simple changes at the factory, would be the polka dots, the pilot, and maybe a couple livery choices that pilot could choose from (like the Freewing A10). A big change... I wish they would have went with 1600 or 1700mm... it still a good size plane! The weather has went to crap here, so between that and work it will be a couple weeks before I get to fly it.

Leave a comment:

• e4dragongunner
    replied
    OK... I am in.... I had the P-51 snd sold to a friend.... I miss it now... I think Eflite produced a bit of subject matter severely lacking the last few years. I am not interested in any of the SPEKTRUM Telemetry as I fly Jeti and the telemetry organic to Jeti does not require a propriatary battery to function. I am sucker for repainting and weathering. The pilot needs to go as well, will be replacing him with the ACES OF IRON German pilot. Hats off to all those producing flight vids.... as this is one of the key things that sold me "THE PERFORMANCE ".... Especially jazzed about the attention paid to the scale fidelity and structural integrity of the mains. UM.... When is the NEXT FLIGHTLINE RELEASE?????

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    Received mine today. Haven't cracked open the box yet though. Will repaint it before the maiden.
    This is the Nowotny JG 54 livery that I've decided to do. Luckily, the wing and horizontal stab colors look to be pretty close. So, I'll probably only repaint the fuselage. and vertical stab.

Name:	Nowotny-Summer-Weiss-5.png
Views:	602
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	299045

Leave a comment:

• Phatbob
    replied
    Just ordered mine yesterday. It definitely needs a paint job, but it's going in the air first. I learned my lesson years ago.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Mine is MIA in Mississippi somewhere

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Received mine today. Haven't cracked open the box yet though. Will repaint it before the maiden.

Leave a comment:

• jetdoc
    replied
    Just got word through the HH "chat line" that the Fw-190 PNP version will be here in one to two weeks. BTW, I'll be selling the Avian 100A esc out of the 190 for $75 as soon as it gets here and I can pull it out, if anyone is interested.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Got my ship notice yesterday- Fedex says it will be delivered tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• jetdoc
    replied
    I noticed that the BNF Basic and BNF Combo versions are showing "in stock" on the HH website but the PNP version is still showing "preorder". Figures the version I ordered will be the last in stock. Oh well, I've got a few repairs to do to my 1400mm FMS Pitts before I can begin repainting the 190 fuselage anyway. Seems I misjudged the position of my shop stool the other night and when I attempted to sit on it, it moved and I fell backward into the Pitts and a sickening cracking noise. Crushed the plastic cabane strut assembly and broke one of the interplane struts but other than that only minor cosmetic issues. New parts arrive today so it should be good-to-go by the weekend. Hopefully the 190 will ship by then. BTW, I was uninjured by the fall, other than my pride of course.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    You guys that preordered, have your credit cards been charged? I see the invoice on the HH website, but it's still showing as $0, and the charge hasn't shown up on my credit card either. I'll admit that i'll be a bit PO'd if the planes show up in LHS's before we pre-orderers get ours.

I'm pretty sure they won't charge until it ships. This can be fun if your cc happens to expire before then.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    You guys that preordered, have your credit cards been charged? I see the invoice on the HH website, but it's still showing as $0, and the charge hasn't shown up on my credit card either. I'll admit that i'll be a bit PO'd if the planes show up in LHS's before we pre-orderers get ours.

Leave a comment:

• aamz13
    replied
    Did anyone receive their Eflite Fw-190 yet ?

Leave a comment:

• steven gubala
    replied
    Hey that's the wonder bread airplane

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    I said 'eff it' and got the RTF with receiver and battery etc... for $549. The PNP is $459... The F4U was the same price... but I do understand that the F4U was a 100mm bigger... I wish they would have went with a 1600 vs. 1500... but it looks like a pretty damn solid plane... I like all the small things they have done with it.... screw on weaponry, the way the wings break down etc. I'm looking forward to it.
    And hey... repainting is half the fun! lol..

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

It isn't so much that people don't like the finish, but in this case, horizon was just lazy. It is this laziness that I'm objecting to. In truth, it would have been easier to just half ass a bunch of random splotches instead of a template of polka dots, and it while it may have looked wrong to the scale monkey on our backs, it wouldn't have looked bad and wrong.

Amen! The mottling job was just friggin' lazy. I'd have much rather have gotten the FW-190 with no mottling on it at all (and decals not applied... and maybe they aren't, I don't know), leaving the end user to add the mottling if he/she desired. The HK Bf-109E-4 is a good example. The fuselage sides were a solid RLM 65, which is accurate of many early war 109's. Many of us (myself included) chose to add mottling and Callie decal sets, to represent the plane that we wanted to model. Polka dot mottling is horrendous.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X