X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one purchase probably.
    I've never owned a cub or cub based model of any type but this will be the one.
    Attached Files

Comment

Subscribed, definitely will be keeping an eye out for this one. Right size, power, and CLEAR WINDOWS!😎 I've been looking for a nice stable aircraft to install a FPV setup in to give friends and visitors 'rides' at club events, this just might tic that box!

Built-up a heavily modified FunCub years ago in an attempt to have something like this aircraft in it's stock form!

Comment

Any updates on delivery?

Comment

I believe we are expecting the arrival any time now. I'll try to see if I can pin down a more accurate ETA.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

So I notice the date has been posted as August 30th, but still says "notify me when back in stock" and says order when they arrive. Will there not be a pre-order option?? I'd pre order it right now if I could...
            Big time propeller head
            Love flying scale and 3D
            Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

Starck Mad You and me both. I've wanted to pull the trigger on other things but I am holding out for the Bison. I would like to preorder it as well. Rather than sitting like a game show contestant on the 30th, ready to slam my hand down on the buy button.

Comment

Well I will say this SanExup...with only 5 pages of interest between here and the "other forum" I don't think there will be more than a few of us hovering over the add to cart button. Not sure why...I'm more interested in this than any STOL plane in a while. I owned a Draco for about a month...couldn't get it to do what I primarily wanted it to do very well at all...which was hang it on the slats and get it decently high alpha for landing. It wasn't happy even just in the three point position. Really wanted to stall and drop a wing much sooner than I would have thought. I hope the Shock Cub...er...Bison does this better.

Oh and before the Draco fans stone me...it flew great and was beautiful...just didn't do that one thing well...I figured the slats would have been more effective.

Anyway...when its for sale...I will get the Bison and see....
                Big time propeller head
                Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

I wish this had come out sooner. Our float flying season is almost over and I was very much looking forward to flying this on the lake this year

Comment

Just saw that motion is making you buy both prop sizes if you need to replace the prop with an OEM one. I imagine most people will fly with either 4 or 6s not both, so having duplicate props sitting unused is kind of annoying.

I would prefer to buy just one of the one size prop that I need.

Comment

Yeah Starck, I like the looks and concept of the Draco, but the price is what kept me from buying it initially. Though in the back of my mind I kept thinking, let it come out and see how it truly flies and functions. I've seen it fly in person and it flies nice but nothing exceptional. My Turbo Timber flies better for less. And then I've read and watched videos where people have had issues with various parts of the Draco, so it suffers in out of the box function. For a model that expensive, it should be near flawless. So that's why the Draco doesn't excite me.

The Bison does look the part. A true STOL beast. I like the size. I like what it seems to be, ample power system, a solid flight envelope, awesome STOL capability, and floats. Another thing that the Draco isn't, a true all around bush plane. And since we don't have it yet, all I can talk about is it's looks, I really like the look of the Bison. It looks like a plane you'd see winning Stol competitions.

While the metric of number of posts to consumer interest in the plane isn't as high as other soon to be released planes, I do think once this plane is out and people see it fly, if it flies how it seems it should, then I think the interest will grow rapidly.

I love flying low wing planes. I love tearing it up with warbirds. I'm loving EDFs the more comfortable I get with them, no question. But I also fly a few high wing planes, almost daily at my house. And I have a tight flying area with trees and a barn and a fence, so all of my landings are steep descents. The perfect bush plane training ground. Anyway, my point is that I love all types of flying. Just because high wing planes are easier to fly slowly etc. doesn't mean that they aren't tons of fun. And a great way to explore and perfect advanced flying.

I look forward to getting a Bison!

Comment

The amount of hype centered around the Draco was impressive to say the least. I love the looks and the features had me ready to buy but like many, the price point was prohibitive for me and now after the honeymoon phase has finally simmered, I am pretty meh on it. My buddy has one and I watched it fly and quite honestly after the second flight or so I was already bored. It's like that beautiful girl that walks into a room and captures hearts...Until she opens her mouth. A lot like my ex!

My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Lol...Aros...had a girlfriend like that one time. Looks got her past a certain point but then I had to listen to her. Nope.

Draco is cool...but I am really looking forward to the Bison. You're in the know...can you tell us why no pre order?? I'm not upset about it or anything just kind of strange as Motion generally does pre orders...helps build the hype a bit. I think more flight vids would help too. I just hope they get enough of them. With my work schedule I don't have time or access to be hovering over a buy button. I'll have to wait to order after I get home.
                          Big time propeller head
                          Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

I have had the Bison product page open on my phone since March. I better get one of this first shipment 😊

My hopes for this model, and hopes are all I have to go on without more videos, are:
                            • Easy take off and landing on park grass
                            • Easy low and slow flight carrying a 6S but with enough power to punch out into a steep, fast climb
                            • Durable landing gear and "window"

Comment

We are getting close to release day gents! Atrix - grass or virtually any surface will not matter with the rugged landing gear and large inflatable tires. She's a bush plane for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                We are getting close to release day gents! Atrix - grass or virtually any surface will not matter with the rugged landing gear and large inflatable tires. She's a bush plane for sure!
                                What's it look like when on floats?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

What's it look like when on floats?
                                  Not sure. I haven't gotten floats for it or seen pics with them yet

Comment

If you build it.. they will come

Yes.. they will come. They won't know why. They'll just get in their cars to go for a drive... with cash in hand. Not knowing where or why. They'll drive up to hobby shop and just hand over the cash. "What a beauty of a plane", they'll say. Then off into the field of flying they will go. Smiles from ear to ear. Oh yes, they will come. They will most definitely come.

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

So, is today the day? 🤔

Comment

I got on MRC website and opened up the chat window asking about the status of the Bison..the sales rep had to go find someone to ask, they came back with no idea at all..its like they forgot they had announced a shipping date from a few weeks ago..Im just frustrated its wasted my morning sitting by the computer ready to get this purchase done so I dont miss out!! This is really flakey of Motion if you ask me.more like something Hobby King is known for..

Comment

Originally posted by gerbilstrom View Post
                                          I got on MRC website and opened up the chat window asking about the status of the Bison..the sales rep had to go find someone to ask, they came back with no idea at all..its like they forgot they had announced a shipping date from a few weeks ago..Im just frustrated its wasted my morning sitting by the computer ready to get this purchase done so I dont miss out!! This is really flakey of Motion if you ask me.more like something Hobby King is known for..
                                          I know what I am about to say won't fix the situation and it won't get you the aircraft ordered, but it may be of help if you aren't aware of the feature on their website. They have a "Notify Me When Back In Stock" button near the Price of the product. When you click on that button, you can enter an email address that allows Motion RC to notify you when the product becomes in stock. I'm not sure if Motion plans to do a Pre-Order for this product, but if they don't, then that "Notify Me When Back In Stock" option can be an excellent way to stay aware of when the product comes in stock. I hope this at least helps a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                                          X