Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im an impatient rc addict..thats really what it is..They did have Aug 30 posted for ship date the last few weeks...but things happen and I will live..I can wait..and sell some planes to make some space for this big stol plane.

Comment

Originally posted by gerbilstrom View Post
      Im an impatient rc addict..thats really what it is..They did have Aug 30 posted for ship date the last few weeks...but things happen and I will live..I can wait..and sell some planes to make some space for this big stol plane.
      It looks like an excellent aircraft and I hope I get the chance to see one in person when it does become in stock. I hope the delay in release means customers get an even more refined product. I'll gladly wait a bit longer if that means we get better value.

Comment

They've had this model in the works for a few years now..theres some pictures of fresh foam Bison fuselages on the racks in a production facility from 2019..this things gonna rock!! I have a good feeling about this model.. I fly at the beach and all around my area in Oregon..very cool places to fly STOL planes..can't wait to take this one to the beach and explore the full flight potential with those slats and flaps..and the gear..should be alot of fun

Comment

It really does look like it could be a ton a fun!

Comment

Soooooo....anybody from MRC going to give us an update?
            Big time propeller head
            Love flying scale and 3D
            Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

What I heard from James is the shipping container is in the US somewhere..and very soon they will be arriving..thats all he knows and all the info we can get on the status of the Skynetic Bison.
              I'm sure Motion RC has been doing this for many years and products get there when they get there..I think we are fortunate to get the info and ETA at all about this..

Comment

does it come with floats or will that be an extra purchase ?

Comment

Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                  does it come with floats or will that be an extra purchase ?
                  From the product page...

"The Bison XT's large inflatable all-terrain tires are perfect for grass, dirt or pavement. An optional float set with functional rudders is sold separately for pilots lucky enough to have a pond at their RC Club. Whether on land or lake, the Skynetic Bison XT is the perfect STOL for you!"
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

So any word on this aircraft? Summer is almost over. I’m going to have to order skis

Comment

No word yet. I just refresh the product page once an hour and hope I will catch it when it goes on sale.

Comment

Any time now.. I have the page open too..just got all these bran new 6s packs from RCbattery.com and CNHL...so far I've bought 7 and I dont even have a 6s plane yet! That Eflite Carbon Cessna is really tempting..but I'm holding out for this one..I'm hoping its still nimble with a 5000 6s.. I do have 3300, 3700, 4000, 5000 all 40c and up. I have the FMS supercub and its about the same wingspan at 1700mm.the Bison is 1750mm..a 4000 4s is about the limit in the super cub..a 5000 6s is 1.5lbs..thats alot of battery.

Comment

Yeah, this is my first 6S plane as well, so all new batteries. I am going with higher C rating than what the Bison needs in case I get an EDF jet in the future. I also was tempted by the Cessna, but I am holding out for Bison's window and landing gear.

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on the Cessna. I had one before and loved it, but lost it to a bad battery. Tough call, I've been waiting on the Bison forever. I might end up getting it too eventually.

Comment

Its unusual that Motion has not posted any updates in the last 10 days on the Bison's in stock date..I know the container made it to the US the week before the 30th..but in the last 10 days not a word on the status of this model...they must be really close to stocking it in is my guess. I have a feeling monday will be the day..
                              A salute to all you fellow American's RC addicts! Have a great 9/11 weekend we will never forget! I remember that day I was at work, I just had returned from Kuwait in the National Guard and heard it on the radio the twin towers were gone, I was devastated an attack on America seemed unreal, a feeling I will never forget.
                              On a lighter note:
                              Lets hope Motion puts out some info if things aren't rolling on Monday..but no complaints here..on standbye ready to purchase and try this STOL machine out!!
                              Last edited by gerbilstrom; Sep 10, 2021, 04:31 PM. Reason: bad grammer

Comment

You are right. We will never forget.

I'm curious how you know the container got here? I was thinking maybe it was on one of the many ships stuck off the coast of California unable to come in to Port. It is strange if its here like you said that MRC is saying nothing, but if the ship is unable to port they may not know when themselves?
                                Big time propeller head
                                Love flying scale and 3D
                                Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

A few posts ago I had wrote what I heard from James about the container being in the USA, although he did not specify exactly where the container could be you do have a valid reason to suggest that the ship could be in the waterways yet to be in port, logistics are a bit complicated currently. I can only imagine how much Motion will wait before posting us an new update or postponement for the in stock day..

Comment

Sabeis si con una bateria 4S 4000 con la helice grande que tiempo de vuelo podria tener,siempre vuelo tranquilo.
                                    O bien recomiendan la 6S 4000 por temas de peso?

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                                      Sabeis si con una bateria 4S 4000 con la helice grande que tiempo de vuelo podria tener,siempre vuelo tranquilo.
                                      O bien recomiendan la 6S 4000 por temas de peso?
                                      Unfortunately, we have very few details on flight times and differences in flight styles between 4S and 6S. I am going 6S with this model to maximize performance, but it is all speculative at this point until MotionRC gives us more details and flight videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                        I just pulled the trigger on the Cessna. I had one before and loved it, but lost it to a bad battery. Tough call, I've been waiting on the Bison forever. I might end up getting it too eventually.
                                        hows the Cessna? I'm about to do the same and go for it... there's only a few weeks of summer left. Carbon Z cub, Cessna or this Bison.. you said you'd had a Cessna before and bought another one..how is it compared to any others.. how are the flight times?

Comment

Originally posted by gerbilstrom View Post

hows the Cessna? I'm about to do the same and go for it... there's only a few weeks of summer left. Carbon Z cub, Cessna or this Bison.. you said you'd had a Cessna before and bought another one..how is it compared to any others.. how are the flight times?
                                          The thing is a dream to fly. Great presence and perfectly uneventful. One click of up trim was all it needed. Fantastic touch an gos.

flight time on a 6s 5000? Not sure as I've got my timer set still to the recommend 6min. I'm coming down with approximately 65-70% battery charge left.

Im going to swap out the tires. They are BIG. I'm considering a repaint to one of the USAF Academy birds.

Comment

Working...
                                          X