• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like you’ll need to talk to Motion… sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Sounds like you’ll need to talk to Motion… sorry
      Yep, contacted MRC, problem solved, new retract being shipped. Excellent customer service as usual.

Comment

• And some say their CS is bad!

Comment

And some say their CS is bad!
          I think on the most part, those are people who call Motion with an aggressive attitude, are confrontational, have an over the top sense of entitlement and with a hidden agenda (eg. like being Horizon shills).

Comment

• Yes and no. I also think Motion has a few CS reps that only know what's on the computer in front of them. It's a common problem made worse by people working from home and not having day to day direct information on things. Even happens at hobby shops where you have an employee that really knows cars but has less knowledge than even the most beginner of airplane customer. Just like we now have influencers that have been flying a couple years, or less, and think a specific product, brand or singular item is the best (and even worse think that item will continue to be the best).

I have batteries I still use and work great that are older than some of these "experts" have been flying. Heck, I have flyable airplanes I built before more than a few of the were born.

Comment

I also think Motion has a few CS reps that only know what's on the computer in front of them. It's a common problem made worse by people working from home and not having day to day direct information on things. Even happens at hobby shops where you have an employee that really knows cars but has less knowledge than even the most beginner of airplane customer.
              When in the fire service, we used to have a process that we sent "sub-standard" staff to get "tuned up". We called it "remedial training". It was considered a "path of shame" but in the end, it made for a better employee and a better department.

Comment

• If only the phone system could automatically pair up the pain in the butt customers with the less knowledgeable CS reps (or the ones that only say "NO")...

Comment

• Good one. Companies with CS service departments should consider using this AI (Open AI). Got on the news a little while ago. It's much smarter and inventive than Google and can even come up with answers you didn't think possible. It even handles jokes and levity. It helped a guy write and publish a kid's book. I joined but I can only get on every few days. They've been so successful and popular, they get maxed out very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by edwarda10pilot View Post

Thanks xviper. I found some Minwax Spar Urethane gloss clear spray cans on Amazon and ordered a couple of cans . Will report back on the results.

Ed
                    Spray will be duller, brush is glossier.
                    Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• I've had great C/S but I admit, it's been a while since I've had anything to question. If I have a problem with a C/S rep, I ignore the angels and go directly to God.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey bearcat fliers,
                        I recently received my bearcat used but never flown. I have mine set up and ready to fly balanced with a 6s 3300mah. Yes 6s. I noticed the esc was the same as my freewing yak130, 60amp 2s-6s lipo. Anyone have experience running 6s to the stock 580kv motor? This might put me at nearly twice the recommended watts of the motor. Will it be really fast for a short period of time, or will the motor last 50 flights or so before it burns up?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by billcranford3@outlook.com; Feb 12, 2023, 05:02 AM. Reason: Added photo for attention

Comment

• I'll be interested to see what happens. First can the prop handle it and then the ESC and motor. Your Amps will go way up too, yes and Watts, and RPM... Let us know.

On my 1200 Spitfire I have run 4, 5, and 6S but not with the stock prop. An appropriately sized APC e prop.

Comment

• Thanks Evan, what prop did you use with your 6s setup?

Yes this is the same person. I created an account on my phone this morning not realizing I had already signed up previously on my laptop. I cant seem to figure out how to delete the above post, or change my user name as I don't want it to be my email address, or delete that account entirely. I've found some great info on this forum but the site doesn't seem very user friendly. I sent a message to the admin.

back on topic!
                            I suppose someone has to be the crash test dummy, looks like it will be me.

Comment

• The admin can delete your user but it may take a day or two.

I think I ended up with a 12x8. I now have a 12x12 on it but stick to 4 or 5S. On 6S and the 12x12 it was flexing the wing really bad in turns. I also have FPV in it.

Comment

• Wow, 6s on that airplane. What size battery?
                                The prop was my first thought as well. When I went 6s on my FMS 1400mm P-40, I had to change the prop and spinner. Found out the hard way but with a good result. I suddenly had no power and thinking I had a bad battery (burnt out cell or something) I popped the gear and landed her only to find out that she'd shed the prop and spinner! Got lucky that time.
                                I have two Bearcats, one runs a 650 kv with an 85 A ESC using a FMS 1400mm Corsair prop and the other runs a 3948 kv 760. with an 85 A ESC using the stock prop. Either way, the performance is great without the risk of shedding a prop.
                                The CG with a 6s system would be a concern as well. With the 650 kv I had to add a small amount of weight to the tail Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5311.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	370201
                                Whereas with the 760, I didn't need it.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5648.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	370202
                                Another thing aesthetically, number 201 got the Grumman treatment and everything was painted blue. Sounds like a small thing, but, at least to me, it make the airplane look so much more scale.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Got me wanting to experiment 6S with my Arrows Bearcat. If something happens, I will be in trouble because they don't have that Bearcat anymore.

Comment

• When experimenting with higher cell count, the first couple of flights should keep the gear down. You just never know if you have to do a smoking/flaming emergency dead stick landing, hoping that it doesn't happen right after take off and the BEC didn't burn up with the ESC. (Ask me how I know.)

Comment

• All great replies thanks. I have the CG right on the recommended 85mm with 6s 3300 Hrb battery. Just had to carve a little foam out for the battery leads at the nose to allow the battery to be forward enough. I’m heading to the field soon though I’m bringing my great planes extra 300 and yak130. I’ll save the bearcat experiment for another day, and try to remember to keep the gear down. I do have a 2 blade 12x8e apc laying around, would need a prop adapter to make it work.

Comment

• Unless you can't make it back to the runway and have to do a belly flop, then suck up the gear.

Comment

• Always interesting to hear someone trying something new. I think I'd be inclined to run her up on the ground, but if you've run the numbers and they look good and have a one piece prop that works with the amperage of your ESC and of course , the motor is capable of handling 6s, I guess there is no reason why it wouldn't work. Just make sure everything is good, then blast away and let us know how it works. Should go like Rare Bear!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X