Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been off the forum for quite a while. Has anyone managed to put safe in this plane? I want to let my son fly it. I have a spare AR636A I can use. I use Spektrum. NX10. If there's another way to do it with other spectrum receivers I'm open to other options as well. I'm just not that good with the programming yet.

Comment

• Did the AR636A come out of another plane? It may be "locked". However, even a locked one can be wiped clean and "updated" so that you can program your own parameters into it. That being the case, yes, it can have SAFE on it. It may already have SAFE installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Did the AR636A come out of another plane? It may be "locked". However, even a locked one can be wiped clean and "updated" so that you can program your own parameters into it. That being the case, yes, it can have SAFE on it. It may already have SAFE installed.
        Not yet. It will come out of the Pawnee Brave Night Flyer. Since my last post I have learned more about forward programing with the right receiver which I don't have yet. I have already unlocked the AR636A. I want to get safe on a few of my planes, the BEarcat and Pawnee included as well as an FMS P-51

Comment

• It will most likely be "locked" and tailored to work in the Pawnee. But if you know how to unlock it then, there should be no problem programming it the way you want. However, I did unlock an older 636 out of an Opterra and there are many things that cannot be done with it.

Comment

It will most likely be "locked" and tailored to work in the Pawnee. But if you know how to unlock it then, there should be no problem programming it the way you want. However, I did unlock an older 636 out of an Opterra and there are many things that cannot be done with it.
            I may just pick up the AR631. Forward programming looks a lot easier than trying to figure out the safe programmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingiceberg View Post

I may just pick up the AR631. Forward programming looks a lot easier than trying to figure out the safe programmer.
              Great idea and probably your best option. Some of my unlocked "safe" receivers will not forward program at all. The 631 is likely the most efficient and cost effective way to go about this for many planes. I've used several myself when I'm not using the HobbyEagle type of receivers, which can also provide a similar function to "safe".

Comment

• This is my first tail dragger warbird in the 1.2 meter category.

I can assure you that this plane does not need any kind of SAFE or AS3X at all. It tracks rock solid and can handle wind with ease. I don’t use them at all. I use a 620 antenna less rx.

With an Admiral 3600 4s or a Spektrum 4000 4s all the way forward, the plane balances perfectly. No need to use nose weight.

Set up is as per the manual, with 30 percent expo.

Great plane. However, mine arrived with the decals already installed so no decal choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingiceberg View Post
                  I have been off the forum for quite a while. Has anyone managed to put safe in this plane? I want to let my son fly it. I have a spare AR636A I can use. I use Spektrum. NX10. If there's another way to do it with other spectrum receivers I'm open to other options as well. I'm just not that good with the programming yet.
                  I would think the easiest way is to Buddy Box with him

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Hello all. I just purchased the Flightline F-8 Bearcat and would like to clear coat the entire plane. I would like to use a gloss clear from a rattle can. I have seen other posts where some have brushed on Minmax but I am looking for something in a spray can. Any advice?
                    Thanks,
                    Ed

Comment

• I use a foam brush to apply MinWax. Rattle cans seem easier and faster but it gets everywhere, every nook and cranny. I don't want to bath the servos with spray. Also, the propellant in rattle cans might dissolve foam if held too close. If held too far, the coverage is poor and you either have to do another coat or you keep spraying longer than you should and the result are runs. I think you can buy MinWax or Polyurethane in spray cans.
                      On the other hand, brushing it on can leave streaks and to get a nice ****geneous covering, a 2nd or 3rd coat may be desired. I just do one coat and leave it at that. I've stopped using rattle cans and prefer to brush.

Comment

I use a foam brush to apply MinWax. Rattle cans seem easier and faster but it gets everywhere, every nook and cranny. I don't want to bath the servos with spray. Also, the propellant in rattle cans might dissolve foam if held too close. If held too far, the coverage is poor and you either have to do another coat or you keep spraying longer than you should and the result are runs. I think you can buy MinWax or Polyurethane in spray cans.
                        On the other hand, brushing it on can leave streaks and to get a nice ****geneous covering, a 2nd or 3rd coat may be desired. I just do one coat and leave it at that. I've stopped using rattle cans and prefer to brush.
                        Thanks xviper. I found some Minwax Spar Urethane gloss clear spray cans on Amazon and ordered a couple of cans . Will report back on the results.

Ed

Comment

• I just received mine. Have a question. Can I plug everything directly into the rx and not use the blue box or will that cause problems?

Comment

• You can. You’ll need a couple Y’s but it’s easy to do. I removed mine.

Comment

• Thanks for the prompt reply. Thats what I thought, but wanted to be sure.

Comment

• Have mine ready to go. Have a question on the retracts. Mine retract and extend at a rapid speed and are jerky not smooth. Never had electric retracts go this fast. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comment

• It should be smooth. Was it bought used? Other than a bent jack screw and maybe needing a bit of grease on the jack screw there's nothing to make it jerky. Speed is what it is on these you can't slow or speed them up.

Comment

• It's brand new, not flown yet. Speed is like air retracts with no restriction, they slam up and down. I will try a little lube and see if that helps.

Comment

• I put a little lube on the jackscrew and that helped. Now one retract decided it doesn't want to work. Motor runs, but nothing moves. Contacted MRC, believe they will be sending me a new unit.

Comment

• Just curious, is the plane stock? Using the ESC to power the radio?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          Just curious, is the plane stock? Using the ESC to power the radio?
                                          Yes sir, stock set up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X