Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How goes it Charlie??? Doing any good??? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
      Saturday is the hopeful flight of my tcat:Sweating:
      Best of luck to you Bro!!!! The wind is gusting over 35 mph here, so no flying for me. I think I will fly the tractor and mow the property....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        How goes it Charlie??? Doing any good??? ;)
        Jerry........see post #52 on my WBC Cojones thread ;)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Best of luck to you Bro!!!! The wind is gusting over 35 mph here, so no flying for me. I think I will fly the tractor and mow the property....
          Took the cat to the club field didn't fly it I was too chicken and afraid to fly it. The wind was coming from different directions didn't feel comfortable putting it in the air but I did taxi it around. Maybe someday it will see the sky.

Comment

• It looks good, and glad you went with your feelings. When it is right, you will know, and then take her up!!! Blessings Bro!!

Comment

• I went to the field and it was too windy... just not having good luck with the weather lately. Well MB your cat looks real good, its all in one piece and looks like its ready to go. I hope that you'll have some nice weather to get it in the air and fly it around. Once you have some "non-dramatic" flying time with this one under your belt you are going to settle down and love it!
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post

Took the cat to the club field didn't fly it I was too chicken and afraid to fly it. The wind was coming from different directions didn't feel comfortable putting it in the air but I did taxi it around. Maybe someday it will see the sky.
                Looks good MB! Happy you stuck with it and brought it back to life! Like Hardway said, You'll know when it's right and I'm betting you'll love this bird as much as the rest of us!

Comment

• I love flying the Tigercat on calm days but dislike it in windy conditions, especially when the wind is shifting around. I have no gyro installed and the wind plays on those big draggy engine nacelles and the tall fin n rudder causing it to waller back n forth a bit. By comparison the P-38 is a missile and could care less about wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                    I love flying the Tigercat on calm days but dislike it in windy conditions, especially when the wind is shifting around. I have no gyro installed and the wind plays on those big draggy engine nacelles and the tall fin n rudder causing it to waller back n forth a bit. By comparison the P-38 is a missile and could care less about wind.
                    i think I’m going to go ahead with a gyro in my Tigercat. I flew the 1600mm Spitfire Saturday in 6-10 mph without a gyro then with a gyro. No comparison in the level of enjoyment with the gyro especially when landing.

Comment

• Thanks for all the encouragement. It didn't look too bad once out in the sunlight the plane looked good even with the repairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunner28 View Post

i think I’m going to go ahead with a gyro in my Tigercat. I flew the 1600mm Spitfire Saturday in 6-10 mph without a gyro then with a gyro. No comparison in the level of enjoyment with the gyro especially when landing.
                        I have an A3-L in the Tigercat and the P-38. I really appreciate the gyros when the wind picks up... It makes a difference for sure!!! More so on the Cat!

Comment

I have an A3-L in the Tigercat and the P-38. I really appreciate the gyros when the wind picks up... It makes a difference for sure!!! More so on the Cat!

Am I going to have to have a 7 channel RX? I just bought a new AR 620 for this tigercat. I don’t want to lose flaps.

I have AR636 I tried in Spitty and had to lose flaps. Also have Aura 8’s but looking for something less expensive and doesn’t require a pc or iPhone to tweak.

Comment

• To keep it full boat 6 channel, 4 plus gear and flaps, I use the Spektrum 8 channel with telemetry (79.00-89.00)? I put the gyro on / off on channel 7 (aux2)… Then I use the other channel port (aux3) and the battery port for my 20amp BEC from CC. It has two leads...

Comment

One aileron / one flap I know there are two of each, but since you are controlling each set with one channel each on the receiver, it is One/One...
                              Thanks to you and OV10 for your responses.

Comment

• I was not satisfied with my first parallel connector so I made a new one it is smaller with no wires just 4 xt60 connectors and 2 battery bars that I used from my rc car racing days. Just need to get some heat shrink tube to insulate it.

Comment

• Liquid electrical tape... Lowes or Home Depot.
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Those that have used minwax, Varathane spar urethane or similar, have you had any peeling issues? Thinking of doing this to the Tigercat and my F8F Bearcat. Post some pictures if you wouldn't mind.

Comment

• None whatsoever.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8931.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	161512Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8854.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	161513Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9779.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	161514Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9678.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	161515

And the list goes on. I use Minwax Spar Urethane gloss, which just absolutely rocks and Minwax Matte for the dull effect. EVERYONE of my planes has a coating of Minwax or Varathane with the exception of My Little Gal, who only has it on the wings as the rest is Flite Metal. I'm currently resurfacing the P-40 as the wings were badly gatored right from the get go, poor quality, I really should have sent them back. I'm layering Minwax Spar Urethane on them, to fill in the gatoring. I have two coats on them now and aiming for six, that should clear it up, worked wonders for My Little Gal, the wings look wet. The trick is to use a brush and put it on fairly thick, then hit it with a hair dryer all the while, watching for runs. I sit the tail up so the wing is level overall.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks! So the hairdryer helps it to dry quickly? What heat setting?

Comment

• Heck, I just crank mine up to full and hold it about a foot back and keep it moving. It's a Wally World cheapy, bright pink to boot, but it does the job!
                                          Just finished putting on layer five over the P-40 wings as they are badly gatored, just as thick as I could get away with, and drying it, later on tonight, I'll add layer six, then let it dry until the weekend and wet sand them. We'll see what it needs from that point. I'm using the Minwax Spar Urethane Gloss, talk about the wet look!! Up until now, I've had the P-40 in a flat finish, but I'm really liking the gloss look, so I may go with that for a while, I can always spray it with the Minwax Matte finish if I change my mind.
                                          The other great thing about coating your airplanes is that it adds the UV protectant and coats the decals so they don't peel.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X