X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• It actually doesn't need them, they are just a nice extra. I have flown mine on some pretty rough grass surface and tall grass at that and had no problem with the stock LG handling it with ease.

Keep in mind folks....the Upgrade compression struts are just a nice added cushion, but NOT absolutely needed
      Brandon Moon

Comment

• I hope to get a set of these and see if I can come up with an easy fix to the issue.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I would be very interested to see what you come up with? I also considered drilling and tapping one of the scissor arms to install an adjustable stop screw, but too much work involved IMO.

Also grinding off the piston stopper and installing a fitted wheel collar that could be adjusted up or down to set travel.... Those were just a few ideas I considered?

One Problem is...Not everybody has the tools, resources, or ability to do these kinds of things and have it be just an easy fix?
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
            I would be very interested to see what you come up with? I also considered drilling and tapping one of the scissor arms to install an adjustable stop screw, but too much work involved IMO.
            I did a similar fix to yours on my P-38 strut upgrade but I'm thinking about something different on this one.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I did a similar fix to yours on my P-38 strut upgrade but I'm thinking about something different on this one.
              See, on my P-38 I didn't have this kind of situation. It was just simply a small bit of grinding to the trunnion to fit the Larger "C" clip, and it really shouldn't have had to be that way for drop in replacements IMO. I think most will agree on that.
              Brandon Moon

Comment

• Nice photos of your T-Cat HiFlyer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post

See, on my P-38 I didn't have this kind of situation. It was just simply a small bit of grinding to the trunnion to fit the Larger "C" clip, and it really shouldn't have had to be that way for drop in replacements IMO. I think most will agree on that.
                  I used the Freewing P-51 struts on my P-38 so I had to limit the travel.
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Not needed but always a cool mod. Been away from the office for the holidays and had another baby girl on the 22nd. Busy!

Cant wait to dive in on these Tigercat upgrades! Brandon I'll be thinking about your mod when I'm about to hit my head into the wall.

Comment

• Congratulations Ryan!
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Good for you Pete!!
                        Is that the tail of an F-82 I see?? Now that could be an interesting next Flightline bird!!

Grossman56
                        Thanks Grossman! I took a few minutes today and started assembly.
                        And yes, that's the VQ Warbirds F-82. It is such a blast to fly! The issue with this bird is transporting, and then assembly/disassembly. For me it's not an issue, as it fits in the back of my truck all assembled. So I never take it apart. In fact, the wing tips are supposed to be held in place with a single screw into the wing tube. I did not trust that, so I glued mine. One big wing. FL would probably have to make a smaller scale, or some really good engineering for that size foam wing. But I agree, it would be an interesting plane for them to build. I doubt they ever would, as there just does not seem to be a lot of interest in the twin Mustang. I think they are really unusual, and I like the looks. I have two other F-82 kits to build some day, and a set of scale plans that I plan to build all scaled out. Someday....:rolleyes:

Comment

• Ryan congratulations on your new addition!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                            Not needed but always a cool mod. Been away from the office for the holidays and had another baby girl on the 22nd. Busy!

Cant wait to dive in on these Tigercat upgrades! Brandon I'll be thinking about your mod when I'm about to hit my head into the wall.
                            Congratulations buddy....you have been a busy boy ;) you have my number, call if you need any further description or just want to talk it through.

I now have them working 100% flawless.
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Awesome Brandon!

Thanks everybody for the congrats'

Comment

• Completed the canopy mod for King of the Cats, followed Brandon's photos for guidance.
                                I know, mustache not regulation, but didn't want identical twins
                                My LHS did not have material for canopy so I used a Costco cheesecake lid and formed with hair dryer. Bulk heads are HDPE milk bottle carton (strong stuff)
                                reinforced bottom with two CF rods to add strength. Head rests are from a 1/35 scale M1A1 Abrams accessory resin kit (rolled blankets)
                                Floor is 1/32" white styrene. I tried to get creative utilizing stuff around the house

Eddie

Comment

• Eddie, nice job on the rear cockpit mod! Very creative. I never thought about the second pilot dude, or I would of given one of mine. I bought one of every pilot that MRC had at the time for my F-82. I have a bunch of small pilot busts I'll probably never do anything with. You can have whatever you want, if it's not too late to change the rear pilot out.

Comment

• Does anyone know what color blue would match the plane? Mine has a lot of green overspray around the front gear doors.Not real bad, but I will want to paint over it at some point.
                                    And not that this is a big deal, but there is a big blob of silver paint on the pilots black goggle lens. I think the pilot is a ltitle funny looking anyway. I'll probably change him out someday.

Comment

• Uncut and for HobbySquawk only. Testing some settings out. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/08qLORFUhto

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post
                                        Does anyone know what color blue would match the plane? Mine has a lot of green overspray around the front gear doors.Not real bad, but I will want to paint over it at some point.
                                        And not that this is a big deal, but there is a big blob of silver paint on the pilots black goggle lens. I think the pilot is a ltitle funny looking anyway. I'll probably change him out someday.
                                        I used Home Depot color match, someone earlier posted their paint can lable for the blue exterior and I had them make it from that. Here's what I got, real good match. You can take a part to Home Depot, they will scan it, and mix you up a sample can for about $3.00

Comment

• Fast Eddie, really creative, and practical use of materials, very cool! Is it just me, or does that mustached figure kind of look like pilot Ryan ?.... BTW congrats big Daddy!

Comment

Working...
                                          X