X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Yep, All the blue got painted. I also painted the struts with Model Mater Chrome and painted the wheel hubs in Sea Blue. Used some left over Flite Metal in the exhaust ports as well.

Grossman56
    Pure "Awesomeness"!!!

Comment

• Finally got the chance to get photos with Evelyn and the W.A.S.P. dedication of the FlightlineRC F7F Tigercat option I did, and also to meet and spend time with them in person at the AEF event this weekend.
      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
        Finally got the chance to get photos with Evelyn and the W.A.S.P. dedication of the FlightlineRC F7F Tigercat option I did, and also to meet and spend time with them in person at the AEF event this weekend.
        Brandon, what was the AEF Event? (Arizona Electric Fly?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Brandon, what was the AEF Event? (Arizona Electric Fly?)
          close, but actually "Arizona Electric Festival" at least I think?
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Brandon has it right, Arizona Electric Festival. We hold it every February and typically get a very big turnout, but the weather was not on our side this year. Motion did show up with the new Spitfire, A-10, and Avanti S, plus several other planes currently for sale. It was good to see them there and to watch them fly the new stuff.
            Pat

Comment

• Finally had decent weather here in Atlanta to maiden my F7F Tigercat yesterday. The crowd was overwhelmed with the engineering and workmanship of the plane. It's my second Flightline plane (1st was A6 Intruder).
              First flight was flawless !!! Didn't even need any trimming from TO to landing. All was perfect. Most satisfying maiden ever for me in almost 40 years of RC! I guess I have to get the P-38 and A-10 now.
              Thanks Motion RC and Flightline.

Comment

• After flying the Tigercat stock for a couple months and even though it performs flawlessly I just couldn't leave well enough alone. These are one piece 13.5" props and adapters from an LX B-25.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170221_213339224_iOS.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	63580

Name:	20170221_213440713_iOS.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	63582

Name:	20170221_213528464_iOS.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	63581
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I just took her out and I can tell a little improvement in thrust.

Name:	20170221_224145692_iOS.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	63593
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    After flying the Tigercat stock for a couple months and even though it performs flawlessly I just couldn't leave well enough alone. These are one piece 13.5" props and adapters from an LX B-25.
                    LOL You beat me to the punch on this one TI. Was comtemplating the same idea while waiting for the upgraded gears to restock. OK.....spill your guts, prop ground clearance and current draw please :)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

LOL You beat me to the punch on this one TI. Was comtemplating the same idea while waiting for the upgraded gears to restock. OK.....spill your guts, prop ground clearance and current draw please :)
                      Wow TI, you knocked it out of the park with that mod.:Cool: The spinner hub looks much better. Does it bolt straight up or what? Overall diameter only seems to be about 3/4" bigger than stock prop which, of course, is more scale. If ground clearance or current draw was a concern, you could always cut down a little by squaring off the prop tips, and rebalancing, of course. This would give it an even more scale appearance. Sold to the man with the white/grey hair standing by the Big Bossman, Brad

Comment

• I've not done a draw test, the stock LX setup is pretty much the same, I used the props, adapters and spinners...they bolted right on.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Looks good buddy :)
                          May have to give that a whirl...."Pardon the pun" ;)
                          Brandon Moon

Comment

• One more question TI, are the LX B-25 props set up for counter rotating or are they like the Tigercat? Just wanted to know when ordering. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                              One more question TI, are the LX B-25 props set up for counter rotating or are they like the Tigercat? Just wanted to know when ordering. Thanks, Brad
                              The B-25 props come in a set and are counter rotating like the stock Tigercat.
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• O.K. TI, I lied. To be clear, do you need anything else besides the prop set and the hubs from the LX B25 parts list?

Comment

O.K. TI, I lied. To be clear, do you need anything else besides the prop set and the hubs from the LX B25 parts list?
                                  Get two of these for the adapters and spinners...

...and a set of these.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

...and a set of these.
                                    THANX TI.......that just cost me $61 of unplanned expense but actually had to do it.
                                    First, because I was on the same path of wanting to do this mod and you just pushed me into it with the pics.
                                    Second, because the deal on the motor/shaft/spinner was just tooooo awesome to pass, $67 for $19...........:Bomb::Win:
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Very true...good deal on those.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

...and a set of these.
                                        Hey TI, I noticed further down the parts page, that you can get the adapter without buying the motor. Am I missing something or is that the better way to go? They are currently out of stock on the adapter but I can wait if props,spinners, and adapters are all that's necessary. I don't even have the plane yet but I want that setup. I'll have to wait 'til the plastic cools off from buying the A-10. "A mans got to know his limitations." (and keep the wife happy);) Thanks, Brad

Comment

Hey TI, I noticed further down the parts page, that you can get the adapter without buying the motor. Am I missing something or is that the better way to go? They are currently out of stock on the adapter but I can wait if props,spinners, and adapters are all that's necessary. I don't even have the plane yet but I want that setup. I'll have to wait 'til the plastic cools off from buying the A-10. "A mans got to know his limitations." (and keep the wife happy);) Thanks, Brad
                                          They've been out of stock forever....apparently they are "out of season" at the fruit stand ;)
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X