Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty nice Ryan. Can you elaborate on your technique? I like the silver paint splotches.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Try this site for cool photos 17bg-b26marauders - Category:Martin B-26 Marauder - Wikimedia Commons
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• I also have been using water based latex paint from Home Depot or Lowes. Since the paint is latex, it flexes with the foam and does not crack. I airbrush it on and use brushes for touch ups. The results have been great. Check out RCG for my pictures of the FW F-14 in Iranian Air Force colors this will give you an idea of what is possible. On hot summer days I thin it down with water. On cooler days I thin it down with el-cheepo rubbing alcohol.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
          Pretty nice Ryan. Can you elaborate on your technique? I like the silver paint splotches.
          I have filmed some of this process and will until it's finished. Flak Bait is the scheme I'm doing. So be patient and the video will answer a lot of what you wonder. In the meantime YouTube search Salt Chipping and click the video with the Vilkswagon Beetle

Comment

• Wow looks great Ryan you definetly got great talent for painting

Comment

• Dang Ryan your really bring out what they really looked like. Looks like im getting another plane:Scared::).
              Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                Ton of great photos there, thanks!

Comment

• Hey Ryan..........lookin' good.

Woody

Comment

• Hey Ryan, any chance a 5000 will fit? I bought a 4000 just in case. But I do really like having 5000s for twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOFO1 View Post
                      I also have been using water based latex paint from Home Depot or Lowes. Since the paint is latex, it flexes with the foam and does not crack. I airbrush it on and use brushes for touch ups. The results have been great. Check out RCG for my pictures of the FW F-14 in Iranian Air Force colors this will give you an idea of what is possible. On hot summer days I thin it down with water. On cooler days I thin it down with el-cheepo rubbing alcohol.
                      MOFO1, So your saying you use regular rubbing alcohol or water to thin with? Also, what size of paints does it come in? I can't remember the last time I've been to a Home Depot,
                      Still Learning:D

Comment

• They are on their way… Just got my shipping notice!
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                          They are on their way… Just got my shipping notice!
                          HUH!!??? For this B-26? Motion still says "coming soon" and Grayson says "end of August". If this is right, good news.

Comment

• Just received my shipping notice. Yay! I am planning to do “Screaming Eagle” as my scheme. Already got the decals from Callie.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	208.5 KB ID:	91674

Comment

• Pauly yes I use rubbing alcohol or water to thin down the latex paint. Home Depot will match a paint sample for $4.00 +- in a 8oz sample.I use water when the temp., is above 100 degrees. In the colder months I go with the alcohol. This helps control the evaporation rate. I have had great results with a el-cheepo airbrush from Harbor Tools. I thin the paint to the consistency of milk. Experiment with your airbrush to find what it likes. Check out my Freewing F-14 on RCG with Iranian desert paint scheme, all done freehand with latex paint.

Comment

• Got my notice too...boo-ya. A few shakedown flights and im going with the metalized tape(thanks alpha)I assume i can print off tired irons nose background (thank you for the leg work). Wingnut...wingnut where are you? Looking forward to the first 3d file user reports. Wingnut...if you design a scale bomb bay you will make my christmas list. Now to order a couple adam bombs.
                                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Shipped today!!! :-) Have to hurry up and get the other planes done and off the bench....

Comment

• I got my shipping notice as well

Comment

• Huh ?......What ?....... Really ? :) :)

I'm now officially on the lookout.

Comment

• Originally posted by WW2 Wing Nut View Post
                                        And Finally the Cockpit. With pilot and Co-Pilot included. Print with or without Pilots: https://grabcad.com/library/dynam-b-26-cockpit-1
                                        Oh and to those wondering, the dimensions are good. I've already spoken with Alpha on the New Dynam B-26 Kit in personal messages and emails. And yes I know the pilots suck but they are the best I can do. I don't do pilots but there you go, lol. The cockpit kit is designed so as to not get in the way of the battery compartment. So the only thing you're modifying is the battery hatch, not the space under it.
                                        How do you download the files , I have a friend that has a 3d printer.

Comment

• Received my shipping notice for my two B-26s. First one out of my hangar will be a silver early war version. Decals are on hand from Callie!

Comment

Working...
                                          X