X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Pictures: RC Tank Gallery

Hello, RC Tankers! Please post photos of your RC tank in this thread. Share both your stock tanks and your customized creations, too! If you've personalized your tank, please also share what modifications you have done, so the rest of us can learn. I look forward to taking inspiration from your RC tanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bbkth3.jpg
Views:	6158
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	221785

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Name:	image_47318.jpg
Views:	6291
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	221464Click image for larger version

Name:	image_47319.jpg
Views:	6225
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	221465
    Modified Heng Long M41s

Heng Long Leopard 2 taking part in an IR battle day. Note the "burned out" T90 in foreground used as scenery prop.

Heng Long M41 Walker Bulldog that has been "up gunned" with a 90mm cannon and more modern track design.

Heng Long M41 Walker Bulldog that has been modified to loosely represent a "test bed" version use for 152mm cannon trials.

Heng Long Challenger 2 being run on "trials course" and soaking up the rocks smoothly driving over them with ease.
    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_47322.jpg Views:	64 Size:	311.3 KB ID:	221473
      Heng Long 6.0 T72 giving it a go on my "low traction" steep angle climb obstacle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_47323.jpg Views:	69 Size:	303.9 KB ID:	221474
      Heng Long 6.0 T72 during IR battle "compatibility" testing. Notice the large sun shade covering the IR receiver on top of the turret to shade it from bright sunlight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_47324.jpg Views:	68 Size:	262.4 KB ID:	221475
      Heng Long Abrams running at a scale 50 mph just screams please jump me....

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_47325.jpg Views:	70 Size:	152.7 KB ID:	221476
      Tamiya Abrams running at a scale 50 mph just had to prove it too was a jumper....

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_47326.jpg Views:	72 Size:	274.0 KB ID:	221477
      Heng Long M41 Walker Bulldog that is highly modified to make it one of the best terrain conquering and IR battling dominate tanks I own.

Comment

I love how the 16th scale B-24 looks with these tanks!

Name:	WLTEXCcl6.00_05_27_28.Still001.jpg
Views:	5791
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	222715

Comment

Heng Long 6.0 T34

Name:	IMG_6877.JPG
Views:	6080
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	222829

Comment

Name:	EE2BF798-FF77-46A2-BE7C-CF9CF4EDC866.jpeg
Views:	6259
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	223163 Upgraded Heng Long Abrams on tank obstacle course.

Comment

Custom built "modernization themed T72 G (Gladiator)" utilizing a Heng Long T72 lower hull and other "off the shelf" Heng Long accessory parts. Shown here undergoing proof testing on obstacle course.Click image for larger version  Name:	image_48074.jpg Views:	3 Size:	276.8 KB ID:	223167Click image for larger version  Name:	180A412C-3A31-48E3-9D9A-2800E58DB212.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	279.6 KB ID:	223166

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	223318 My M41 with tk 6.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRVOgi9XWdU

Comment

My Panther G with tk 6.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO1lyArq9GA

Comment

My M4a1 (75) Henglong at our Desert Training Center

Name:	KIMG4107.JPG
Views:	5886
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	223322Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG4100.JPG
Views:	5895
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	223323Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG4104.JPG
Views:	5923
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	223324Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG4106.JPG
Views:	5870
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	223325
                    RC tank parts and accessories I make
                    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Heng Long ZTZ 99A with Clark TK22. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnq0jeBSIAE

Comment

Too cool! Another toy to play with!

Comment

My Heng long Tanks Tiger 1 and Jagdpanther

Comment

uthaug Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Thanks for posting those photos. I'm curious, are those the "131" decals from Trumpeter, or? I saw a 1/16 scale Tiger 1 decal set online with that same number style, but the website didn't state measurements for the decals.

Rdex2 I like that T99! Nice to see another in the wild.

Comment

This is a hand painted ( no masking) Taigen Tiger 1.

Alpha, if you want to learn some easy techniques for armor painting I don’t think anyone does it better than this guy. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChnAgeghaNKLdftbfJY8zNA

Comment

bbaumer Thanks for the tip! You're right, Andy is a great resource. I've been watching him for a while and was so happy for him when he expanded his shop recently. I also like Night Shift and a couple other armor modelers online. Would you please link to Andy's channel in the Resources thread here? Thanks!

I like your Tiger, it looks great! Here's one of mine that's still a work in progress since I'm not very happy with it. I'm using hairspray, washes, oils, all the usual stuff, although I haven't gotten around to markings and final weathering yet. Ignore the track color... obviously it's not finished yet (Tiger tracks weren't steel and thus didn't rust this color). This was done on an unmodified Heng Long Tiger I for a series of customization/weathering/upgrade tutorials we're filming for the Spring. Perhaps later I'll follow Beppel's guide from RCU to further accurize another Heng Long Tiger I. For now, this one is more just for fun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00905.JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.8 KB ID:	223497

Comment

Great looking Tiger! If the tracks are not steel, what were they made of?

Thanks, Paul

Comment

prcarbin Welcome to Hobby Squawk! The tracks are Heng Long's die-cast tracks that are included with their "Professional" Edition of the Tiger I. I'm in the middle of weathering and distressing them.

EDIT : I realized you were asking about the real Tiger I tracks. The real tracks on the real Tiger were made mostly of manganese. Incidentally, this is why many surviving German tanks don't have completely rusted tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                      uthaug Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Thanks for posting those photos. I'm curious, are those the "131" decals from Trumpeter, or? I saw a 1/16 scale Tiger 1 decal set online with that same number style, but the website didn't state measurements for the decals.

Rdex2 I like that T99! Nice to see another in the wild.
                                      Die decals sind von Peddinghaus 1/16 Tiger 1 Markings 8 K s.Pz Abt 501 Tunesien 1943

Comment

My first try Tiger 1 airbrush paint. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya1TerWps44&t=123s

Comment

Working...
                                        X