Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve been on the fence about getting into armor mainly because of choices. I’d already be there if there was an M60 and I thought HL already or used to make an M26? May just have to get a M4A3 and modify it to an E2 if possible.

Comment

• Hey Alpha, any plans for kits similar to what Taigan offers? If is, I'd prefer only the metal editions in either full option or less electronics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	244007

Comment

• Perhaps not the easiest light armored vehicle to accurately model, re., those 6 spinning barrels would be a challenge to duplicate!,.. but we 'Cold War' era vets and this former M163 VADS crewman/TC would be thrilled and 1st in line to purchase an; "SP Vulcan". We used to roll with the M60s as "sheep dogs", i.e.. (low altitude) rolling anti-aircraft mission & anti tank suppression. Anything other than enemy tanks, that were 'after' our M60s could be repelled and/or destroyed with a Vulcan; (the Roman god of fire). 3,000 - 6,000 20mm rounds per min. We were small, fast and nasty! We could also rain a lot of 'bad news' down on advancing/exposed troops/vehicles, etc. in the 'Indirect Fire' mode....hence the specific ADA designation of MOSs, 16R / Air Defense Artillery. "If it it flies - It Dies!"
        I am childishly hopeful about a future RC M163 Vulcan/SPAAG...'a boy can dream' right? LOL!
        Am a newbie RC tanker and loving my new (upgrade) Leopard 2A6 and T-90! Too cool and so much fun!

Comment

• I don't know if this one has been mentioned but the M60 Patton Tank would be a nice addition.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1213px-American_M60A3_tank_Lake_Charles,_Louisiana_April_2005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	279.5 KB ID:	245048
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by karltrek View Post
            I don't know if this one has been mentioned but the M60 Patton Tank would be a nice addition.

Click image for larger version Name:	1213px-American_M60A3_tank_Lake_Charles,_Louisiana_April_2005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	279.5 KB ID:	245048
            OH IT HAS and a lot of us really want to see one offered. I would buy two or three on day one!!!

Comment

• Different settings on I/R hits. It’s 5 hits for every tank. If you could change it to lower number of hits. Maybe have 3 hits and 2 hits. This would work better for war gamers. As a Tiger only had to hit a Sherman once.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrScudder View Post
                Different settings on I/R hits. It’s 5 hits for every tank. If you could change it to lower number of hits. Maybe have 3 hits and 2 hits. This would work better for war gamers. As a Tiger only had to hit a Sherman once.
                MS, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk" and you make a great point. Would it matter how many tanks are in the fight? Do your games ever come down to a '1 vs 1' battle? Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• You know a 1/16 scale C-130 only has a 99" wingspan!

Name:	C-130_airdrop_M551.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	245166

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                    You know a 1/16 scale C-130 only has a 99" wingspan!

Name:	C-130_airdrop_M551.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	245166
                    I have a 1/16 Sheridan if you have the 1/16 C130.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I have a 1/16 Sheridan if you have the 1/16 C130.....
                      LOL! That’s what got me to thinking about it after seeing your build/ review thread at RCU. By the way, do you still rate the M551 fairly high for IR battles? I really like that little tank and your desert scheme is very appealing.

I may have to explore making a C-130.... what does the M551 weigh RTR?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

LOL! That’s what got me to thinking about it after seeing your build/ review thread at RCU. By the way, do you still rate the M551 fairly high for IR battles? I really like that little tank and your desert scheme is very appealing.

I may have to explore making a C-130.... what’s does the M551 weigh RTR?
                        Yes the Tamiya M551 Sheridan is a great little IR battle tank. I really enjoy fighting with it. In fact it such a good little shooter it has been being used heavily in the testing I am doing of a new aftermarket IR receiver for HL tanks.

The down side, to get the most out of the Sheridan it is best paired with a remote that has “dual rates” so the “power” can be tuned downward (it is overpowered stock), this reduces the issue it has with weak tracks and makes it a much smoother handling tank.

For weight: With no battery ~3lbs. With a large 7 cell sub C NiMH 4 - 4.5lbs at most.

Click image for larger version  Name:	633C3123-5740-4484-8B94-034205F11928.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	198.9 KB ID:	245183

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Yes the Tamiya M551 Sheridan is a great little IR battle tank.
                          R9, Is that a picture of your model? WOW. If so, it looks very realistic and great work. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

R9, Is that a picture of your model? WOW. If so, it looks very realistic and great work. Best, LB
                            Yes that is my Sheridan.

Comment

• Will Heng Long be updating the Pershing and Strug III?

Comment

• karltrek Yes, we're working on updating other models with TK6, although it will be slow going. The Pershing is currently higher on the factory's To Do list than the Stug (although personally I really like the Sturmgeschutz!).
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  karltrek Yes, we're working on updating other models with TK6, although it will be slow going. The Pershing is currently higher on the factory's To Do list than the Stug (although personally I really like the Sturmgeschutz!).
                                  Thanks for the update, Alpha!

Hey Alpha. Have you ever seen the "Girls Un Panzers" anime series? Typical Japanese anime story... High school girls doing crazy things in skimpy outfits. LOL! But the depiction of the tanks is pretty spot-on accurate. One of the tanks teams runs a rather colorful StuG III.😃

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 4.08.21 PM.png
Views:	373
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	245333

Comment

• 1:16 halftrack, so I don't have to pay $89 shipping fee to some ebay supplier!
                                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-Torro-...k/273778525871

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	245366

Comment

• Originally posted by patmat2350 View Post
                                      1:16 halftrack, so I don't have to pay $89 shipping fee to some ebay supplier!

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	245366
                                      I had a :1 scale...

Click image for larger version  Name:	M16_00.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	245373

Click image for larger version  Name:	M16_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	245376

Click image for larger version  Name:	M16_4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	245374

Click image for larger version  Name:	M16_8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	245375
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by patmat2350 View Post
                                        1:16 halftrack, so I don't have to pay $89 shipping fee to some ebay supplier!

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	245366
                                        I'll buy one if you update the board. Better yet, make it 1/10 with lots of metal so it rides like the real thing.

Comment

• Sd. Kfz. 9 FAMO with towed trailer or field gun or FLAK 88. A FAMO with Sd. Ah.116 18 ton trailer would be ideal in 1/16 to haul around a Pz III or Stug but I'd also love to see this in 1/10. No matter the scale, make it nice & heavy with metal lower chassis, road wheels & track.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Famo 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.5 KB ID:	245397

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_53821.jpg Views:	3 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	245395
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Sd.Ah.116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	245394

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sd.Kfz_._8_towing_a_gun_Afrika_korps_DAK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	245396

Comment

Working...
                                          X