Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 000NULL Thanks for your feedback, and welcome to Hobby Squawk! We're looking closely at all the suggestions given in this thread. In fact, we've got many more tanks inbound and will have some updates to post soon, including an FPV option.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Any idea when Motion might have more tanks for sale, Alpha?
      Steve

Comment

• What I would like to see are more battery options. If we could talk Motion RC into combining their Admiral 3500mAh 2S 7.4V Li-ion Battery with Tamiya Connector
        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

into a 2s4P, 7000mAh, I think it may just fit in the stock Heng Long tank battery compartment.

This along with larger NiMH batteries as well.

These probably aren't required for the casual user but for those that want to do some hardcore IR battling I would think a more substantial battery is necessary.

Comment

• Beeg We're working on that ;) 7000mAh lasts a *long* time in a tank (~4x more capacity than the stock battery), and even I don't tank that long non-stop. A 2s 7000mAh Li-Ion pack has other advantages, though, including its use in Bancroft warships, so stocking a pack that large was probably inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
            Beeg We're working on that ;) 7000mAh lasts a *long* time in a tank (~4x more capacity than the stock battery), and even I don't tank that long non-stop. A 2s 7000mAh Li-Ion pack has other advantages, though, including its use in Bancroft warships, so stocking a pack that large was probably inevitable.
            7000 mAh!!!!!!!!! If that fits in the stock battery box I might have to get a few. Li-ion are much safer the Lipo.

Comment

• Yes, 7000mAh! It is the same Japanese imported cells as our 2s 3500mAh pack, just in a 2s2P configuration. Personally, I think 90% of us will use the 3500mAh more often (backed up by how quickly they seem to sell out) since they're already double the runtime as the stock battery, without breaking the bank. The 7000mAh is so large that, at least for me, I can never drain it in one tank driving session, so I end up leaving the battery in until the next time I drive. And then the next time. This is nice for my convenience, but probably not the best for my battery's lifespan.

Regardless of my personal use case, we foresaw certain tankers wanting as high a capacity 2s Li-Ion that they could physically fit in the stock battery tray of all Heng Long tanks (except the T-72 and T-90), and the upcoming Admiral 2s 7000mAh is it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2S2P 7000MAH battery-1.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	251038

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	TankBatteries.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	251042

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  Yes, 7000mAh! It is the same Japanese imported cells as our 2s 3500mAh pack, just in a 2s2P configuration. Personally, I think 90% of us will use the 3500mAh more often (backed up by how quickly they seem to sell out) since they're already double the runtime as the stock battery, without breaking the bank. The 7000mAh is so large that, at least for me, I can never drain it in one tank driving session, so I end up leaving the battery in until the next time I drive. And then the next time. This is nice for my convenience, but probably not the best for my battery's lifespan.

Regardless of my personal use case, we foresaw certain tankers wanting as high a capacity 2s Li-Ion that they could physically fit in the stock battery tray of all Heng Long tanks (except the T-72 and T-90), and the upcoming Admiral 2s 7000mAh is it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2S2P 7000MAH battery-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	125.7 KB ID:	251038

With stock 380 motors the 3500s will last a long time. But with the upgraded red 390 motors they can be like running the stock battery all over again especially if one has upgraded to all metal running gear and metal tracks.

7000mAh should be good for an hour or so of continuous hard turning, climbing, shooting and fast driving dirt kicking up fun with upgraded 390 motors and all the tough fun metal parts.

For a stock tank with light plastic tracks or minimum metal parts and stock 380 motors a 7000mAH should be hours and hours....and hours of peak driving fun. 👏👏👏👏

Comment

• I'd like to see an M3 Lee make it into the lineup. How can anyone not like that tank after watching Sahara or 1941?! I also look forward to the StuG, Panzer III and T-34 working their way back into the lineup.

Name:	y9e9x5ve1um11.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	251093

Name:	3336068.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	251094

Comment

• As for improvements, it would be fun if we could download music or voice files to the tank. Kelly's Heroes has so much classic tank music (Tiger Tank, Sherman Holiday Inn, I've Been Working on the Railroad, All for the Love of Sunshine) and one-liners from Oddball. Death Race has so many cheesy commands from Lloyd Bridges' character: "Stop ... and take sure aim!" Every time traffic comes to a halt because of an accident, Robert Shaw/Col. Hessler's monotone "Push it off the bridge" from Battle of the Bulge instinctively comes out of my mouth. The possibilities are endless!

Name:	gettyimages-1124335935-612x612.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	251096

Name:	gettyimages-1124335932-1024x1024.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	251097

Comment

• I'd buy any of the smaller, early war era tanks; Panzer Ib, II, Hetzer, Japanese tanks, Stuart, etc. I'd be willing to lose some functionality but keeping IR. Sound could be optional, but given the presence of 1:24 tanks, and sound boxes for trains, planes, it seems possible. For club events, fast scout tanks scooting around would be a kick! I'd pay the same for these tanks as for the large ones, so HL wouldn't be losing out on per-unit profits. For standard sized chassis, a Grant/Lee would be wonderful.

I've been an r/c flier for decades, but as others have noted it's becoming pretty restrictive. I'd owned HL tanks in the past and decided to revisit this hobby. What a difference 10 years makes! 2.4G, li-ion batteries, transmitter controlled function options, wow.

Another nice thing to have would be cross compatibility with say Spektrum transmitters. There's a lot of software flexibility, and a lot of switches on the case that could be used for function customization.

Oh, last thing. I want my ABRAMS! <grin>
                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• MotionRC came through! Have ya'll seen this new battery they're bringing to market?

2 Cell 7.4V Li-ion 7000mAh Battery w/ Tamiya Connector from Admiral - ADM6024-015 Assembled using high quality imported Taiwanese NCR 18650 cells, this Admiral Li-ion battery is intended as an upgrade battery for Heng Long tanks and other 2s powered surface vehicles with the pre-soldered Tamiya connector. This pack's 7

Name:	admiral-7000mah-2s-7-4v-li-ion-battery-with-tamiya-connector-motion-rc-14508430393457_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	256295

Comment

• I wish they make barrel smoke after firing.

Comment

• AB, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. I believe I have read about an after-market mod for 'barrel smoke'. Just keep researching, I will. Glad you're on board. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Anubizz View Post
                                I wish they make barrel smoke after firing.
                                rctanklegion has conversion kits for this now, fyi! they're fairly affordable. stanlley has also put up a video on how to install it and what modifications you'll need to make.

I'd really love to see an AMX-30, honestly - I've been thinking about this and have wanted to post this since I first saw this thread, then totally forgot to mention it. I already mentioned my desire for an AMX-10RC to Edward with WPL-RC and he seemed receptive... but they've got their upcoming lineup planned for a looong time yet, so even if that's taken in I doubt we'll see it anytime soon haha

Name:	AMX-30_2_Bovington.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	264176

the cool thing about the AMX-30 is that there's a load of operators and variants too, so lots of opportunities for aftermarket mods and various paint schemes. the early versions were also unstabilized, so it'll be less weird for it to lack it stock ;p

Comment

• Any of the AMX series would be a fun addition to the stable, although the AMX13 turret would be a headache to articulate without using servos given how small it is. Come to think on it I THINK I saw .stl files to print a turret a while back. Be fun to kitbash one of the Shermans with the oscillating turret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                                    Any of the AMX series would be a fun addition to the stable, although the AMX13 turret would be a headache to articulate without using servos given how small it is. Come to think on it I THINK I saw .stl files to print a turret a while back. Be fun to kitbash one of the Shermans with the oscillating turret.
                                    An AMX-13 turret would be especially fun for sure, yeah! It'd definitely be a rough fit for airsoft models though, which is apparently what sells the best, so I've always considered that to not be very possible. As much of a bummer as it is :(

Another fun hull - the M8 AGS. There's a potential it'll be selected by the Army for a contract required to fulfill their need for light armor with punch. Last time this happened we got the Stryker MGS, and there are numerous case studies that reference how disastrous that was (bemusingly, they also reference how the M8 AGS would've universally been a better pick and is one of the dumbest programs we could've killed given it's operation readiness)

Name:	bae-systems-m8-ags-2.jpg?ssl=1.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	264187

Here it has the extra armor protection blocks on it, vs the plain air-droppable hull. And if you're curious, the article about the Army's MPF choices is here - currently down to two competitors, one of which uses the Abrams' fire control systems https://taskandpurpose.com/military-...ics-submission

I think the M8 chassis is just cooler though, so that's my opinion. And I wish we got more variety in mass-produced chassis tbh! Not so much "paper tanks", but there are a ton of neat prototypes out there with MBT-like looks that I think would appeal to lots of consumers. I doubt that'll happen though, since developing new hulls is so pricey and Heng Long seems to be focusing on improving it's internals after they developed and released their current MBT/modern armor line.

Comment

• Maybe the Sherman from the movie fury

its a M4A2E8(76)
                                      would love to see that and it would be cool if u had the choice while buying if u want the name fury on the barrel or not

kind regards
                                      storm.

Comment

• I'd love if Heng Long did a Churchill, although any British WW2 tank would be a nice addition to their range really.

Comment

• I second the Lee. And I'd like to see a Pro 6.0 Pershing

Comment

Working...
                                          X