Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i've seen it suggested a few times but i'll throw my hat in.

the german SD.Kfz 251 medium armored half-track

Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-BAHNA_2018_-_144_crop.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	309647

Name:	SdKfz-251-1_AusfD_Russia42_HD.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	309648

This paired with a couple JoyToy german soldiers would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
      So i've seen it suggested a few times but i'll throw my hat in.

the german SD.Kfz 251 medium armored half-track

Name:	250px-BAHNA_2018_-_144_crop.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	309647

Name:	SdKfz-251-1_AusfD_Russia42_HD.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	309648

This paired with a couple JoyToy german soldiers would be awesome.
      Yes, that and a basic US M3 halftrack troop carrier with a few figures to go with it.

Comment

• Torro makes a 1/16 M16 halftrack, or used to.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Yes, but that is the AA version with the quad .50. Imho, too specialized. I much prefer an M3 set up as used by armored infantry units. I could just set aside the quad .50 and modify the basic body for armored infantry but would rather have something purpose built.

Comment

• M4A3E2, Please. Or even a 1/16 scale upgrade kit to convert a normal A3 to the Jumbo variant. I have been hoping for this for sometime. Tamiya, and some other have done it in 1/35. I have even seen some scratch built 1/16 JUMBOS. I have seen 3 real ones in my life. Love to model one from the 745th Tank Battalion.

VR
            Attached Files

Comment

• @ Vintage racer Nick Aguilar makes a jumbo kit as does Ludwig. The nick kit can be made to fit a henglong or taigen. The thicker nose was made to fit a Tamiya so I had to build up the taigen nose with no do and add a bolt strip over the metal one.
              ludwigs kit fits a henglong tank. They are not for someone that is an armature at modeling and bashing.

Name:	A5C40684-E382-422C-9342-E337523B0D01.jpeg
Views:	358
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	309879Click image for larger version

Name:	D2E28091-6888-4228-BC55-F918F1B0D062.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	309880Click image for larger version

Name:	957EB0E5-F5C3-472B-AC5A-AAE8CE2E08CA.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	309881Click image for larger version

Name:	309947B7-35FB-415B-8C94-18BC5250C3BC.jpeg
Views:	302
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	309882Click image for larger version

Name:	CD06BEA6-B6BE-4F59-A687-716B7A2C9EF2.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	309883
              RC tank parts and accessories I make
              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Do you have a link? I have tried searches in the past with zero success, as I have heard of these conversions.

However, wouldn't it be nice to just be able to buy a JUMBO Sherman?

Between employment, race cars, firearms, and flying RC, not to mentioned our Samoyed dogs, I would like to just like to place it on my shelf.

Example shown in your post is awesome. I have been a plastic modeler most of my life, but as I became older, I sold my collection, and ventured "out of my shell" so to speak. I belonged to the IMPS for a number of years in St. Louis, Mo.

Comment

• Found this, I presume this is the Ludwig you mentioned...

No luck with the Nick Aguilar conversion other than images and old threads of other people trying to find the conversion.

Comment

• Nick sells through his email only. His kit requires a Tamiya Sherman traverse unit but with some work can be modified over to the henglong style.
                    the Ludwig makes his kit to take a henglong traverse system.
                    I have a Ludwig kit I have not used yet. Th bottom of his turret fit on kinda weird and I wasn’t sure how he intended for it to be installed so I never got around to building it, but no surprise, I have about 10 Sherman after market hull kits sitting around to build along with 5 half build Sherman’s lol. If I pulled it out and decided to build it I would just figure a way to mount the floor in it that suites me but I haven’t felt like building a second jumbo so far. So many IDF Sherman’s to build, finish my other projects and this M32 that is just killing me.
                    RC tank parts and accessories I make
                    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• I see a Hetzer on that Ludwig site. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                        I see a Hetzer on that Ludwig site. Interesting.
                        And the Panzer 1, and the Panzer 2, and and and...!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                          @ Vintage racer Nick Aguilar makes a jumbo kit as does Ludwig. The nick kit can be made to fit a henglong or taigen. The thicker nose was made to fit a Tamiya so I had to build up the taigen nose with no do and add a bolt strip over the metal one.
                          ludwigs kit fits a henglong tank. They are not for someone that is an armature at modeling and bashing.
                          Rich, you need to get your camera back outside. With just a little perspective manipulation, you could make it look like your tank was full sized parked on your street!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

And the Panzer 1, and the Panzer 2, and and and...!
                            They probably all take a lot of work though, I don't think they use an existing chassis? The whole thing is probably made of sheet styrene. It would be really nice to have something that small though.

Comment

• Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post

They probably all take a lot of work though, I don't think they use an existing chassis? The whole thing is probably made of sheet styrene. It would be really nice to have something that small though.
                              Heng Long makes some smaller scale tanks, 1/24 or 1/30 I think. Might be feasible to use their mechanisms. Maybe someday. What I don't see is track links. Hmm.

Comment

• For those with a 3D printer here is a 1/16 scale Hetzer (note it uses a custom drive unit using G2 pulleys and belts). Presumable you could use the lower hull to do something like a Marder III that also uses the Pz. 38T chassis https://cults3d.com/en/users/50koruny/creations Looks like he also has a 1/6 version now too

Comment

• What work, but what a cool project to make!

Comment

• Actually, after applying Google Translate, I see that motors and tracks are sold too. However, adding all that up makes for a really expensive proposition!

Comment

• A personal soft spot for the Panzer 1. Here's why. It's about the size of a pickup truck!

Name:	Panzer 1 02.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	310121

Name:	Panzer 1 13.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	310122

Name:	Panzer 1 10.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	310120

Comment

• That's it, now you HAVE to do one, right. But yeah, expensive all added up. And no idea how difficult it would be to build.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                          A personal soft spot for the Panzer 1. Here's why. It's about the size of a pickup truck!

Name:	Panzer 1 02.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	310121

Name:	Panzer 1 13.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	310122

Name:	Panzer 1 10.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	310120
                                          Takom actually does produce a 1/16 Panzer 1 kit! They've been doing a bunch of tankettes and the like lately. It's still quite a bit of work to get the 1/16 static kit into running condition, and you do need a decent workshop or access to to someone who has made some of the conversion parts for ya, but it seems doable.

All this talk makes me wish that a house with garage wasn't so out of reach for someone my age (even working the job I do, where I'm QUITE spoiled!). A small CNC machine and lathe could really give me the ability to take all my half-finished projects to the next level of being half-finished and too big in scope....

Comment

Working...
                                          X