Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official RotorScale UH-1A Medic Green 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looks fantastic. Great job

gravy

Comment

• 3DP Panels are now installed behind the chin bubbles. Really nice touch to the head-on look. I am also in the process of switching the tail servo out for a BK 3005, and the ESC to a HobbyWing V4 60A. Can’t wait to get it back in the air with the upgrades!

Comment

• Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post
        So the original replacement rotor head I ordered hasn't arrived yet; its been over 2 months. So I found a DFC head on ebay and thought, what the heck, why not try it. Got it in three days. Installed tonight and will finish up the install and rigging tomorrow (hopefully).
        How did the DFC head work? I crash my huey the other day, lost orientation on a cloudy gray day with the camo paint job. Anyway, need to replace the head among other things and have found that the DFC head is the most available. Any issue with clearance in that the DFC shaft is shorter?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post

How did the DFC head work? I crash my huey the other day, lost orientation on a cloudy gray day with the camo paint job. Anyway, need to replace the head among other things and have found that the DFC head is the most available. Any issue with clearance in that the DFC shaft is shorter?
          Another option (although shipping will probably take a while), is the Garrt head: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223985430306. May work with a bit less tweaking than the DFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Another option (although shipping will probably take a while), is the Garrt head: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223985430306. May work with a bit less tweaking than the DFC.
            Thanks Delta. Just ordered.

Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post

So I ordered the Garrt head about 2 months ago. Have no clue where it is. I got the DFC head because it was fast shipping. I'm having issues with the head (this is my first experience with one). The stock pushrods are too short and I don't want to unscrew the ball links any more. So I made longer pushrods and hopefully will install soon.

Comment

• All the international shipping is taking 2+ months now. I ordered a 5 blade tail rotor from Germany and it took over 2 1/2 months to arrive. I also ordered the Willys Jeep from FMS/Rochobby and it shipped 2 months ago. Still hasn’t arrived in the USA.

Comment

• Finally finished up the Seawolf today and got it in the air for some photos. Really happy with how it turned out. Flies very well for its size, and the tail definitely settled down a bit with the upgraded servo. Next I'll have to get some shots flying next to a PBR..

Comment

Finally finished up the Seawolf today and got it in the air for some photos. Really happy with how it turned out. Flies very well for its size, and the tail definitely settled down a bit with the upgraded servo. Next I'll have to get some shots flying next to a PBR..
                    Very nice. Well done.

Comment

Even though I like the look of the DFC head, I am not a fan of this one. So hopefully the Garrt head I ordered awhile ago will show up soon. BTW DeltaDart, the Seawolf looks awesome!

Comment

• I also noticed after a short test flight the other day, just pod and boom, that the servos were very warm. I'll double check the rate I have set on the FBL. The tail servo was fine, just the cyclic servos.

Comment

• Thanks guys! Did a bit of flying alongside an RC PBR today. Lots of fun to fly alongside the boat.

Comment

Thanks guys! Did a bit of flying alongside an RC PBR today. Lots of fun to fly alongside the boat.
                            "...the smell. Smells like.....victory !"

Comment

• awesome stuff team, is there somewhere we can access the 3D print files ? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwi_craig View Post
                                awesome stuff team, is there somewhere we can access the 3D print files ? thanks
                                Thanks Kiwi, all the 3D files are attached to this post: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...303#post204303.

Comment

• Anyone made landing skids for the 450 huey? I broke one and MotionRC is out of stock on them.

Comment

Thanks Kiwi, all the 3D files are attached to this post: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...303#post204303.

not sure what im doing wrong, there are pictures as attachments at that post but not the stl files ??

well blow me down went back to the linked post and thete they are !! Dunno thanks !

Comment

• What scale is this heli coming in at ? 1:? Thanks

Comment

• Had the 3d files on my ipad screen but would not download. Tried my phone iPad and laptop. Each time now all i see are two jpgs in the attachments folder ???
                                        Really appreciate it if so some one can zip n email me craig_nicola@outlook.co.nz. Thanks guys

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwi_craig View Post
                                          ... Really appreciate it if so some one can zip n email me craig_nicola@outlook.co.nz. Thanks guys
                                          Downloaded, zipped and (just now) emailed.

Comment

Working...
                                          X