First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulrkytek
    replied
    SHARP SU35M

enforced no fly days as antibiotics kick in on tooth infection gave me chance to revise the canopy and battery access bays on Sharp Nose Su. :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	SHARP SU35-2.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	378385

Name:	SHARP SU35M-1.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	378386

Leave a comment:

• paulrkytek
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Congrats Paul!

She does look a bit funny to me but she sure flies good!
    Well done!
    Thanks, It was something to do over the winter while waiting for replacement SU35 Fuselage which was out of stock. I had balsa, I had an old Yak 130 canopy and enough spare bits to make a model. If I had a different canopy I would have moved it forward for a more traditional jet look but using the canopy I had in the positions I chose made canopy and access to battery in one unit easier and allowed me to add strength and rigidity to the front section and nose gear mounting area. Working in balsa I had to find a way of attaching it structurally to the rear body section of the foam SU35, hence the majority of the forward body line is below the main wing level. There was logic behind my madness ( well according to me anyway ). I may yet move the canopy position forward if I can carve it out of the right grade of foam and integrate the shape with the sharp nose ( maybe more like a Mig 23/27 )but for now I am just enjoying flying it. I had a couple of flights today after jacking up the nose leg and minor adjustments to gear down, flaps down and elevator mixes and I now have smooth take offs with less elevator input and a good landing glide slope , 10% power and flair to nose up for gentle soft landing on grass. 3.5 mins flight time 22% battery left for basic mixed flying.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
    Maiden flight of Sharp Nose Su
    Congrats Paul!

She does look a bit funny to me but she sure flies good!
    Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Well, that's a first!

Leave a comment:

• paulrkytek
    replied
    Maiden flight of Sharp Nose Su

Sharp nose Su is made and flown by paulrkytek using parts from a crashed Freewing SU35 with a remodelled nose in balsa married into the foam rear section.Mai...

Name:	SNSU 2.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	377505

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    w00t

Leave a comment:

• Wild Man
    replied
    OV-10 Bronco. My Brother was nice enough to give this Flight Line plane to me for my Birthday. While I was assembling, I decided to try a few different styles of Camouflage. photo taken after first test flight. I like the way this one flies. Has great ground handling and a dream to land I give it two thumbs up.

Name:	B9D14FDC-95E0-46C1-978F-508A2FD69A64.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	375691Click image for larger version

Name:	E0214590-8E53-41CA-8C2C-B35AA3541816.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	375692

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Long time no MiG!

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    One of 2 posts from my f14 today.

Leave a comment:

• davegee
    replied
    I took my E Flite 1.5M P-51D LOU IV out for the first time since last fall. Over the winter break, I made some color and Camouflage adjustments after reading online, in depth opinions from some very good modelers. I think I'm pretty close to where I want to be with this airplane, now. One of my favorites to fly, hadn't touched the controls in months and had two reasonably good flights on it. Always room for improvement, though!

Davegee

Name:	IMG-0569.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	374070Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0573.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	374071

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Originally posted by James View Post
    Beautiful as always!
    Thanks James!

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Not the thread so will leave it after this... but its so awsome to put a face to these models. We r replicating ... just respect to all fighting men and now woman

Leave a comment:

• davegee
    replied
    Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

Davegee what an awsome ( normal 4 u) rendition of the p47 love the scheme,, im sure u no the history of it just got a spitfire,, but was sooo close to getting the fms p47.. but hate the scheme it comes in
    Thanks, f4u aussie. The original paint scheme of the FMS plane was one I respected, being a top pilot and ace in the Pacific theater in WWII, but I have always like to do my own paint schemes for most of my airplanes.

Yes, I know some about the pilot and this airplane. The "OLE COCK" was actually a salutation among Brit men when they saw each other back in those days. It spread to all the "Yanks" that were living among them in England during WWII. The pilot's name was Donavan Smith. He came from Michigan and knew of a rooster logo from his home town that he had the squadron artist paint onto his airplane. I think he had 3 or 4 airplanes that had these markings on them. He was an ace in WWII, and attained the rank of lieutenant general in the USAF before passing away very young at the age of 51 from a brain tumor. I knew a few guys who flew with him in WWII. He was a great leader, very brave, and had the fighter pilot's attitude of pressing forward and defeating the enemy, which he did.

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	378
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	373911Click image for larger version

Name:	DSmith.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	373912

Leave a comment:

• f4u ausie
    replied
    Originally posted by davegee View Post
    I finished putting all of Callie's markings on my new FMS 1500mm P-47D Razorback. Got the 4th and 5th flights on it today when the winds were light and really a beautiful day.
    A few pics.

Name:	IMG-0476.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	369128Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0478.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	369129Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0475.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	369130Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0477.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	369131
    Davegee what an awsome ( normal 4 u) rendition of the p47 love the scheme,, im sure u no the history of it just got a spitfire,, but was sooo close to getting the fms p47.. but hate the scheme it comes in

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    It's taken me a while... but finally here is the air-to-air video of the custom-painted Hornet rocking in all its glory:

Beautiful as always!

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    It's taken me a while... but finally here is the air-to-air video of the custom-painted Hornet rocking in all its glory:

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Here's a little fpv action from my Tomcat.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    This thread is too silent...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X