Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My collection of modified birds from FMS, STarmax, Hobby King and LX

Comment

Nice paint on your FW-190. Is that the BIG one?
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Not to much done but, I didn't want all yellow...

Comment

Lou, it's great to see you here! Your work is always inspiring.

Iowa, that's a pretty plane.

Comment

Ldm, Love the cockpit on the P40!

Comment

Iowa54, very nice paint, sometimes a little goes a long way! When is the maiden, or is this already a veteran flyer?
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Redo of EFlite Dallas Doll, not a Reno racer you see everyday and the real one is still flying. Power system upgraded too

Comment

Freewing SU-34. 1 coat of polycrylic gloss, sponge brushed on. Airbrushed edges, highlights and shadowing. Then spray on polycrylic satin.

Comment

Freewing Yak-130 in Russian blue cammo. Remove red paint with acetone. ( it doesn't effect the foam) , prime , base color, shadow, paint cammo, shadow, panel lines with a sharpee, two coats of Minwax polycrylic. Paint, Tamiya acrylic.

Comment

Beautiful, Oside!

Comment

Osidercflyer... Looks good. Give Varathane water base a try. MUCH better quality in so many ways. Doc

Comment

Here are a few flat foamies that I've airbrushed.

And a couple non aircraft related.

Comment

Wow redtwilight nice work that's quite a talent.

Comment

Good stuff Redtwilight!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Red and Aspirin, very impressive art!

Comment

Thats what I call awesome talent, great job and keep em coming

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                    Red and Aspirin, very impressive art!
                                    Was there a problem with the HS servers?

All the best,
                                    Konrad

Comment

Well, I’m going to assume it was just a server issue and will try to repost my rework of the FreeWing Mirage 2000 in the livery of the 2004 Tiger meet.
                                      I have to salute the original artist as this rather simple scheme has a huge visual impact. I’'ve stayed away from it in the past as it does take some skill with the airbrush.

These are in process shots. The paint is Tamiya, and the brush is an old Paasche VL.The masking was done with "Frog tape For Delicate Surfaces". A process note; I had to warm up the Frog tape with a hair dryer to keep from lifting up the paint under neath when unmasking. I have yet to add the radiating lines in the eyes nor will I add the badge on the vertical fin.

As a result of these old eyes I hate to fly military jets! But the tiger breaking through the camo really does help with visual orientation while flying. I had some fears that all that paint in the back would cause issue. But that hasn’t been the case. There are a lot of control issues with what is called out in the manual, but the added paint didn’t add any. This model needs and deserves a version 2 brought out! (hint for FreeWing and MotionRC).

The model has gobs of wing for an 80mm jet. (the guy is 6' 3" as a scale bar)

This tiger has claws! The power system is a FreeWing inrunner fan housing holding a Neu 1410/2YSE driving a Jetfan 9 bladed rotor. The energy comes from an FMA 635 series 4200 mAh 6 cell battery.

Comment

Oh, what I'm trying to copy. In case it isn't obvious.:shy:

Comment

On my maiden flight of my Durafly 1100mm F4U, I had a senior moment & forgot to hit the timer. It went into LVC & I stalled it in attempt to get out of the corn field. Down it went....duuuhhh! Ripped off the starboard wing, broke off both ail. & flaps, both LG popped out, prop broken, motor loose, & vert. stab. cracked. Yup...did the walk-of-shame. Some of the guys asked if I was going to trash it....nope. Put it all back together, re-did the LG w/more forward rake, & decided to paint it for a better visibility as that dark Navy blue was a bit hard to orient well. Had Callie make me new wing/v-stab graphics. The contrasting colors definitely made a difference in flight. Here's a couple pics...

Denny
                                          *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                                          *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Working...
                                          X