X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressed with the jetfan.
    I have tje freewing 8s in a T45 it maybe gets a solid 3 minutes but you better be on the ground in those 3 minutes!
    M opinion the jetfan was well worth the money.

Comment

• Now I have to wait a couple of days for the paint to dry
      Attached Files
      Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        Love the repaints from everyone I've seen in this thread! Great work!!

Just my two pennies but I was pleasantly surprised with the power of my 6S. I thought it might not be powerful enough and I almost bought the 8S at first but I am happy to say that I personally love the power of my 6S. With my Roaring Top 70C 5500s, this bird screams through the air! I suppose I could get a few more MPH's with the 8S, and she would way a pound or so more to not be quite as floaty but I am seriously more than pleased with my 6S than I expected to be.
        I agree. Love my 6s. Plenty fast for me. I like the lighter wing loading. Love the simplicity of dropping in a fresh single 5000mah battery on the runway and punching it. I get 3 00 mins of thrills. Land and repeat. (When alone in the skies)

Comment

• Originally posted by Torkrollin View Post
          Now I have to wait a couple of days for the paint to dry
          Looks awesome.

Comment

• Thanks Shirty
            Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• There are quite a few Jets at my local flying field. My stock 6s PNP gets off the ground faster than all of the others, including a couple of sport Jets! (All grass runway) the stock 6s has plenty of torque and speed for me.
              Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Originally posted by Itgordon00 View Post

I agree. Love my 6s. Plenty fast for me. I like the lighter wing loading. Love the simplicity of dropping in a fresh single 5000mah battery on the runway and punching it. I get 3 00 mins of thrills. Land and repeat. (When alone in the skies)
                Same here, I'm staying with 6S also, short flight times but I like the idea of land and repeat, only thing I didn't like was that whine of the 9 blade, so I went with the FW inrunner 4068-1680kv fan/motor, about the same speed and flight times but the sound is night and day, the inrunner with 12 blades is so smooth and whoooshy..........:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Torkrollin View Post
                  Painted and Callie's graphics applied.!
                  Another sweet livery repaint! Great job!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Itgordon00 View Post

Absolutely. I heart me a light wing loaded scale warbird, especially in the 90 class size. What a treat. I still laugh when I think about how this model would have been considered Sci Fi just 10 years ago. I remember flying my FMS Blue Angel 64mm F4 back then and it was literally like trying to fly a brick with wings.

LOL
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
                      I will say this, the throws setup in the manual seemed perfect to me. Hats off to the folks that put in the work and effort to determine what they should be...
                      Well I am certainly glad to hear your damage was minimal. This truly is a sweet bird. We are working overtime to elevate the quality of the hobby not just from the model itself but the settings we suggest (throws, rates, CG, et al), If you purchase a Freewing/FlightLine RC model, we pride ourselves that the information in the manual is dead accurate. If it's not, we want to know about it yesterday so it can be fixed today.

I set this girl up precisely using the manual recommendations. I used my digital caliper to nail the precise throws for both rates. Same for the CG.

So when I lifted off on the maiden, I don't recall needing a lick of trim. Talk about RARE! Even though I am an employee and I get to have inside info on the R&D side of things with new models coming out, I am still always shocked when I get to experience it firsthand once the model leaves the ground. It just keeps getting better and better.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Well I am certainly glad to hear your damage was minimal. This truly is a sweet bird. We are working overtime to elevate the quality of the hobby not just from the model itself but the settings we suggest (throws, rates, CG, et al), If you purchase a Freewing/FlightLine RC model, we pride ourselves that the information in the manual is dead accurate. If it's not, we want to know about it yesterday so it can be fixed today.

I set this girl up precisely using the manual recommendations. I used my digital caliper to nail the precise throws for both rates. Same for the CG.

So when I lifted off on the maiden, I don't recall needing a lick of trim. Talk about RARE! Even though I am an employee and I get to have inside info on the R&D side of things with new models coming out, I am still always shocked when I get to experience it firsthand once the model leaves the ground. It just keeps getting better and better.
                        Aros, I agree with you that its getting better and better. These kind of results aren't so rare any more! I had a similar reaction with my maiden. No surprises. I only needed to increase the elevator trim a bit for full flaps (most likely because I set my flaps further down).

I think these results are partially due to this plane's design and unique characteristics - but of course we should give full props to the MRC design team to getting the design and all the manual recommendations right. This model hits all the sweet spots. Its a great flier - right out of the box on the first try... it performs really well, its easy to land. Unlike the A10 it only needs one battery so I can fly it twice as often. (like ltgordon00 said) Woo hoo so much fun!
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hey guys! Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike got out on Memorial Day weekend to maiden the 8s F-4, join us!

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post
                            Hey guys! Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike got out on Memorial Day weekend to maiden the 8s F-4, join us!
                            Nice editing ;)
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Awesome vid as always ! Can't wait to get my hands on the Arf+. Have been collecting things along the way. Even bought a spare rear fuse to install and test the very cool RCjetdude drag chute mod. I'm also going Navy. First over the beach! Headed to Jet Jam and hope to see Ryan's Phantoms as well as the Black Bunny and others.

-Hawk
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Great video!
                                Got in a few flights with the F-4 this morning. I'm truly impressed with it. Thanks again MRC. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	134849

Comment

• Question for the folks running the 8S setup. Where did your battery placement end up after balancing? Reason I ask is mine seem to be a bit far back with my 4400 mah cells, and balanced at 190mm. Looking at Pilot Ryan's battery placement his is all the way forward. That would seem to make the plane pretty nose heavy to me. I'm just trying to get a consensus of what folks are doing.

Comment

• With two Admiral Pro 4S 4000s they were as far forward as the canopy would allow them.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      With two Admiral Pro 4S 4000s they were as far forward as the canopy would allow them.
                                      And it balanced at 190mm? With the stock 8S setup? That's crazy. Mine doesn't even get close, and I'm using smaller batteries. I'm confused as all heck now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post

And it balanced at 190mm? With the stock 8S setup? That's crazy. Mine doesn't even get close, and I'm using smaller batteries. I'm confused as all heck now.
                                        I like nose heavy, especially on maidens. Also the Admiral pro 5000 4s packs are small and light.

Comment

• That 8S sure looks and sounds sweet. I love my 6S but I gotta admit, that video has me thinking I need two in my hangar.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X