X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    That is where I have my Admiral 4000 Pro. I would think the 5000 is a heavier battery.
    Im only going on the mark james has stated . But I’ll see how she flies and move back as needed

Comment

• Can someone just clarify about the 4mm elevator setting . I’ve set the middle of the elevator 4mm from
      the bottom part of the foam

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
        Can someone just clarify about the 4mm elevator setting . I’ve set the middle of the elevator 4mm from
        the bottom part of the foam
        You've got it just right :Cool:

Comment

• Would you guys mind posting your flight times with the batteries you are using?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
            Would you guys mind posting your flight times with the batteries you are using?
            Hey DirtyDee, I fly mine between 3:30 and 4min on a 4000 Admiral Pro and the 5000 Admiral I go to 4min-4:30

Comment

Would you guys mind posting your flight times with the batteries you are using?
              5mins on 5000, 4:30 on 4500, and 4mins on 4000 (with throttle management, mostly scooting around at half throttle which is PLENTY fast with this jet. :)

Those are what I set my throttle timer to; True flight time is between 6 and 7 mins on a 5000.

Comment

• I agree with both James and Andrew's flight estimates for those respective batteries.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  I agree with both James and Andrew's flight estimates for those respective batteries.
                  alpha and James , could I ask which you prefer in this plane ??
                  Have you also used the standard 40C 4000mah admirals ?

Comment

I'm not Alpha or James, but I think 4500 is the sweet spot - a great balance between agility, wing loading, and flight time. YMMV.

Comment

I prefer the 4000 myself. A bit lighter of a pack and feels lighter on the sticks. My next step with this one is inching back the CG to see if she can do some crazier high alpha stuff like the Mirage can do.

Comment

• As Andrew said, your mileage may vary. 4000 and 5000 are the extremes with 4500 in the middle. I prefer the 4000 probably because I have about fifty of them LOL​​​​​

To me, the wingloading with the 4000mAh is such that I can whip the plane around in non-scale fashion if I want to, while still be able to keep energy in long downlines without getting blown around, and still settle into an easy glideslope for landing. Overall flight time is good enough for me, especially because there's usually a spare battery waiting.

The F-35 is a large 70mm but it's still a 70mm, so I wouldn't want to fly it on a 5100-6000mAh.

I'm interested to see how TiredIron's shoehorned 80mm setup flies. Proof that there's different strokes for different folks!

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post

I'm not Alpha or James...
                          Nope, you are better!

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

Nope, you are better!
                            I don't know about that, but I'm glad to be in good company!

Discover & share this Nice GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.

Comment

• Thanks all! Im mostly on the fence with buying more 3700 45C RT packs or 5000 50C admirals. Currently have 4 of each. Though it sounds like if I used the 3700s, I'd mostly be kiting around but be able to come in at a crawl for landings.

Maybe I'll wait on buying more packs until I get my hands on the lightning :Thinking:

Comment

•  

Comment

Thanks all! Im mostly on the fence with buying more 3700 45C RT packs or 5000 50C admirals. Currently have 4 of each. Though it sounds like if I used the 3700s, I'd mostly be kiting around but be able to come in at a crawl for landings.

Maybe I'll wait on buying more packs until I get my hands on the lightning :Thinking:
                                  It's hard to say, Dirty Dee. Perhaps fly both the 3700 and 5000 then see which suits your style better. Maiden on the lighter setup then add weight from there.

By the way, I'm lowkey hoping you make a set of these GBU-31s that I can 3DPrint and paint up for the display model I have at the factory...
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_39627.jpg
Views:	1215
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	198214

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

It's hard to say, Dirty Dee. Perhaps fly both the 3700 and 5000 then see which suits your style better. Maiden on the lighter setup then add weight from there.
                                    Yea that's my idea. I work near a small RC field that is in a bowl of trees, so I'm able to fly more often there. But I'm limited to smaller warbirds and 70mm EDFs, so it will be easy to fly the lightning there with the 3700s. I'd be able to use the 5000s more freely at the larger field with the 800' runway where I fly my A10.

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                    By the way, I'm lowkey hoping you make a set of these GBU-31s that I can 3DPrint and paint up for the display model I have at the factory...
                                    Still on my to-do list. Focusing on getting my Airbus ready for Jet Jam next week but should have GBUs by the end of June.

Comment

• Airbus at Jet Jam!! Can't wait to see that.

Comment

• Got mine today and already built. This was the fastest and easiest build I've think I've ever seen. Absolutely simple.

Couple of points:

1) The CG in the manual is ambiguous at best. I just found what seems like the best/right spot and it's balanced. Battery as far forward as it will go. Hope that works
                                        2) The way the ailerons wires are coming in to the receiver won't allow for flaperons to be set up. It's a one-piece Y-harness. I'll have to replace that with 2 separate long servo wires so it can go into 2 channels on the receiver. The way it is now, you can only plug the ailerons into 1 channel. They can't be split up. That's a bummer.
                                        3) This plane is absolutely GORGEOUS. This is probably the best looking plane I've ever seen. Wasn't crazy about the scheme when I ordered it, but it looks fantastic! It's :Cool:
                                        4) It's not a big plane, but it seems like it will have plenty of power. Wings are small as are the other surfaces, but the way it's laid out should provide for good handling.

Will maiden later this week.

Thanks Motion and Freewing. Another winner, for sure. Keep 'em coming!

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                                          Got mine today and already built. This was the fastest and easiest build I've think I've ever seen. Absolutely simple.

Couple of points:

1) The CG in the manual is ambiguous at best. I just found what seems like the best/right spot and it's balanced. Battery as far forward as it will go. Hope that works
                                          2) The way the ailerons wires are coming in to the receiver won't allow for flaperons to be set up. It's a one-piece Y-harness. I'll have to replace that with 2 separate long servo wires so it can go into 2 channels on the receiver. The way it is now, you can only plug the ailerons into 1 channel. They can't be split up. That's a bummer.
                                          3) This plane is absolutely GORGEOUS. This is probably the best looking plane I've ever seen. Wasn't crazy about the scheme when I ordered it, but it looks fantastic! It's :Cool:
                                          4) It's not a big plane, but it seems like it will have plenty of power. Wings are small as are the other surfaces, but the way it's laid out should provide for good handling.

Will maiden later this week.

Thanks Motion and Freewing. Another winner, for sure. Keep 'em coming!
                                          Your battery shouldn't be "all the way forward".... more like "most of the way back". See James' photos that show his battery position and finger balance placement:

Click image for larger version Name: Views: 0 Size: 144.5 KB ID: 194114 attachment Shipment on the water.... Pre-Order now! https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...mm-edf-jet-pnp (https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-f-35-lightning-ii-v3-70mm-edf-jet-pnp) Motion RC and Freewing are excited to announce our all

Glad you like the look of the plane, I hope you like its flight character even more! We worked hard on the surface detailing of the aircraft but also flew it back to back with the older 2010 version so constantly fine tune its flight envelope to both look and act the part of a modern 70mm scale trainer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X