X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SWOFLY View Post
    Here's my formula for getting more flight time out of the T45, I'm using 6000 mah batteries from HRB. Yes they're a little heavier so I removed the slats and airbrakes to save weight. I'm flying off of a mat runway that's 300 feet long so I've got plenty of space but it still has plenty of get up and go with 1/2 flaps on takeoff and landings are no problem with a little power and 1/2 flaps. This may not work on grass but I'm getting a full 3 minutes with this set up.
    Did you have to add tail weight to it because the 5500 all the way back in the compartment still made it more nose heavy and a longer takeoff run . I can get the 3:00 min flight ,I'm just slowly getting up to it, but it would be a max time ,on the ground at 3 min . Lot of ground covered in a short amount of time still ,

Comment

• I was planning on running RT 6250s, I'm going to assume this won't work without adding weight to the tail? I've got 6 Admiral 5000 packs I could use, but would limit my flying the A10 along with the T45 (headed to the field, it'd need to be one or the other).

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Another way to check CG is like this, gear down and with the jet upright, also make sure you have the canopy and the nose cone on the jet, just put your finger tips on one of the four retract mounting screws, the front inside one towards the slats, lift up and move battery one way are the other, you will be in the ball park at least, very easy to check this way. Your looking for a slight nose drop or if it wants to sit level that is even better.

Here is a pic of my Gensace 5000 60C battery placement and the screw I use. Of course your CG placement will change to your flying style. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_29770.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	153893Click image for larger version Name:	image_29771.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	153894
        That is exactly where my battery placement was also.......

Comment

• The above photo is exactly where I put my HRB 6000. I also have a separate 2s 7.4 battery with a regulator installed which powers everything except the motor. This is mounted back behind the canopy opening basically where the CG is. I removed the airbrake servos to save weight so no tail weight necessary. Balance is fine. The balancing tips by DCORSAIR are correct. If you follow them you should not have a problem. Keep in mind that it is always better to be a little nose heavy then tail heavy.

Comment

The above photo is exactly where I put my HRB 6000. I also have a separate 2s 7.4 battery with a regulator installed which powers everything except the motor. This is mounted back behind the canopy opening basically where the CG is. I removed the airbrake servos to save weight so no tail weight necessary. Balance is fine. The balancing tips by DCORSAIR are correct. If you follow them you should not have a problem. Keep in mind that it is always better to be a little nose heavy then tail heavy.
            How many mah is the 2s you use ?

Comment

• It's a 2000 but a smaller one would work fine. The main reason I use that system is because when using the stock BEC setup I couldn't get the landing gear to go all the way up after takeoff. They would work fine on the bench under no load from the motor but under load it would not work. Sea viper on page 9 blamed it on bad solder joints, others have used the extra battery solution successfully and it might give you a little more flight time since the motor is the only drain on the 6s main battery.

Comment

It's a 2000 but a smaller one would work fine. The main reason I use that system is because when using the stock BEC setup I couldn't get the landing gear to go all the way up after takeoff. They would work fine on the bench under no load from the motor but under load it would not work. Sea viper on page 9 blamed it on bad solder joints, others have used the extra battery solution successfully and it might give you a little more flight time since the motor is the only drain on the 6s main battery.
                Thanks for the reply , A friend flys one of these and has the landing gear problem as well . I will tell him to give this a try !

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Another way to check CG is like this, gear down and with the jet upright, also make sure you have the canopy and the nose cone on the jet, just put your finger tips on one of the four retract mounting screws, the front inside one towards the slats, lift up and move battery one way are the other, you will be in the ball park at least, very easy to check this way. Your looking for a slight nose drop or if it wants to sit level that is even better.

Here is a pic of my Gensace 5000 60C battery placement and the screw I use. Of course your CG placement will change to your flying style. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_29770.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	153893Click image for larger version Name:	image_29771.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	153894
                  I appreciate this reference. Balanced mine inverted yesterday and my Admiral 5000 came to just about the same place. I also tried a RT 6250 which was as aft as possible and seemed to be pretty close (just a touch nose heavy). I was looking for references from the leading edge of the wing just to confirm (seems to be approx 115mm), but I think I'll just deploy the gear, flip it over and try it this way to confirm everything. Otherwise, she's about ready to roll!

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

I appreciate this reference. Balanced mine inverted yesterday and my Admiral 5000 came to just about the same place. I also tried a RT 6250 which was as aft as possible and seemed to be pretty close (just a touch nose heavy). I was looking for references from the leading edge of the wing just to confirm (seems to be approx 115mm), but I think I'll just deploy the gear, flip it over and try it this way to confirm everything. Otherwise, she's about ready to roll!
                    It's really easy this way, you can be just behind those screws as well, put your fingertips on the screw heads and try it or slide your fingertips over in front of the gear struts, so kind of on that open spot between the two front screws where there is no screw, works very well and it is a safe CG.

Comment

• Anyone run an inrunner in their 45? Swapped my high performance inrunner from my F15 into the T45 and wondering if there should be any concerns.

Side note, I was thinking about putting in a bigger ubec as I've heard of some gear issues. Or is the stock 8A sufficient?

Comment

• I have the inrunner recommended for the T-45. And have the CC 20BEC in mine. No issues, and 3 min. is good, but don't stretch it!!! 5000 Admirial 6s......Almost dead-sticked on the maiden with a Turnigy 5000..... Scary!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          I have the inrunner recommended for the T-45. And have the CC 20BEC in mine. No issues, and 3 min. is good, but don't stretch it!!! 5000 Admirial 6s......Almost dead-sticked on the maiden with a Turnigy 5000..... Scary!!
                          It looks like they recommend the same inrunner that is in the high performance F15 so I should be safe there. I feel stupid asking this, but the current UBEC is 8A, so am I cutting this out completely and replacing it with the CC 20 (this is what I picked up a while back)? I'm assuming you clip and re-solder into the connector? In the directions, I don't really understand the red-wire clipping. Sorry for these Busch league questions.

Comment

• When you remove the red wire from the throttle lead, it disables the BEC usually included in the circuitry of the ESC. In the case of the external BEC's supplied with the larger EDFs like the T-45 or the F-15 etc, I usually just cut the leads and put the 8 amp bec in the spare parts box. I don't use the same connectors and wire. I use 14-16 gauge wire to match the Castle Creation BEC and wire that with my battery telemetry lead for my Spektrum receivers all together into the new EC-5 connector. It is very tedious and needs some of the alligator clip "helping hands" to pull it off.... The higher rated BEC will keep you from having any brown outs or gear failures due to voltage drops... But I have a lot of birds flying, and they are all still here with that set-up... If you need more info, just let me know and I will send you detailed pics and data to make it happen!!!! Just make sure to let your wife have access to the sink so she can wash..... :Straight-Face::Not-Talking::P

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                              Anyone run an inrunner in their 45? Swapped my high performance inrunner from my F15 into the T45 and wondering if there should be any concerns.

Side note, I was thinking about putting in a bigger ubec as I've heard of some gear issues. Or is the stock 8A sufficient?
                              I installed the 4068-1680kv in my T-45 without any issues, better than stock on climb out and vertical and a little more speed.

Comment

• Anyone have any spare light covers? Looks like they are out of stock currently.

Comment

• Hallo für die T-45 habe ich ein Upgrade Einstiegsset erstellt.
                                  Download the files for the 3D printed Freewing T-45 Goshawk Scale Upgrade Set 1 by rucky Plex;)

Comment

• T45 is ready to go, but when taxi testing, I feel like the steering is not real responsive. I'm just going to assume this is probably for the best as it'll limit the "jerkiness" down the runway. I'll probably start out with mid-rates and once landed, switch to high rates to be able to make the turn on the runway to come back. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me? I feel like the other jets are more responsive on the ground.

Comment

• Has any one fabricated a 3D print of a Shared Reconnaissance (SHARP) pod?

Comment

• A better picture of the pod.....

Comment

• Amgsky1, pretty sure that's a baggage pod, commonly known as a "blivot". At least it is in the first photo. Not sure what's going on in that second photo, is it computer generated?
                                          Room for little more that a helmet bag with a change of underwear, clean socks, and your toothbrush in a T-45. The blivot gets thrown on the jet for cross countries, etc. 2 G limited back in the day, kinda stiffled what you could do with the airplane.
                                          Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                          X