X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
    Mine is up in the attic with a bad case of busted wingitous, but mine were neutral. No deflection either way. I put zero clicks of trim in the plane.
    So dead flat parallel with the plastic rear trim exhaust cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

So dead flat parallel with the plastic rear trim exhaust cover?
      Yup, that is how mine was set up. I have it on 8S, and it is a rocket, so if there had been an issue, I would have known rather quickly!! Good to go at dead neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

Yup, that is how mine was set up. I have it on 8S, and it is a rocket, so if there had been an issue, I would have known rather quickly!! Good to go at dead neutral.
        Awesome! Thanks a lot! :)

Comment

I blew a landing and shoved the port landing gear through the wing. Ordered new wings and transferred the electronics. While doing so, I used a servo tester to move put things where I needed them. Now the sequencing for the gear and doors is screwed up. How do I 'reset' the mixing board to factory settings?

Thanks,
          Lance

Comment

Originally posted by Arcus4 View Post
            I blew a landing and shoved the port landing gear through the wing. Ordered new wings and transferred the electronics. While doing so, I used a servo tester to move put things where I needed them. Now the sequencing for the gear and doors is screwed up. How do I 'reset' the mixing board to factory settings?

Thanks,
            Lance
            Trade it to me...
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I picked up a T-45 from a club member that had two flights on it. The member always upgrades all of his toys. Well, the first two flights I tried on it, were no disastrous, but wasn't picture perfect. First flight busted the front gear nose support arm. Ordered a new one of those. Next flight a week later bent the main gear on the port side and flipped it onto the canopy. Lucky it didn't do more damage. Busted the clevis on the front gear for steering and bent the front gear. Busted the canopy. No fuse damage. Got everything working. Put a Z bend for the steering, doesn't work great, but it allowed me to fly today.

Had two GREAT flights with her. Not only great flights, but great landings. Needed to remember the old adage, fly her to the ground. Love this plane. Fast and will start playing with all of the bells and whistles over the next few flights. Slats and Speed brakes. I will swap out the nose gear with an extra one I picked up and redo the steering servo.

Comment

I just picked up a used Freewing T-45 from a club member. He kept his Futaba receiver as I have Spectrum. Is there any T-45 owners using Spectrum that can share
                their set up? I'm using a DX8 w/ AR8010T.
                Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                Thanks

Comment

Hello there!!!

I'm new here.

Got my T45 two weeks ago, but went on vacation, so I couldn't mount it yet. I'm starting to do it right now in fact. I'll use a 9CH receiver, AR9000, and a pack of batteries 5000mAh 50C. But, and forgive my lack of experience in this type of planes, I have some doubts about the connection of the cables and so. I do not really know where to connect the ubec cable in the receiver. I'm looking for some diagrams and info anywhere at this point as I don't want to spoilt anything before being in the air.

please, I need help on this.

Thks a lot in advance.:Cool:

Comment

I just received a new T-45 and have flown them in the past. What is the issue Fraskojones? I can post images or answer any questions if you still need help. The UBEC can be plugged into any unused channel to power the system.
                    If your jet is like mine, the cables come quite twisted and mixed up. I always take my time and unplug the cables, untangle everything, and put them back correctly. Just be careful as you can easily miss a pin on the header connector when re-connecting the cables.

Oh, and mine came with stripped fan mount screws right out of the box. I just re-drilled the holes for some #6x1/2 stainless pan head screws. Fixed it.
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                      I just received a new T-45 and have flown them in the past. What is the issue Fraskojones? I can post images or answer any questions if you still need help. The UBEC can be plugged into any unused channel to power the system.
                      If your jet is like mine, the cables come quite twisted and mixed up. I always take my time and unplug the cables, untangle everything, and put them back correctly. Just be careful as you can easily miss a pin on the header connector when re-connecting the cables.

Oh, and mine came with stripped fan mount screws right out of the box. I just re-drilled the holes for some #6x1/2 stainless pan head screws. Fixed it.
                      Hi, Seaviper!!:

What I don´t know is where to plug the UBEC, because there are 9 channels and I think I´ll use all of them, configuring the front steering wheel in a channel so that I could trim it separately from the rudder, as I saw in a video in the official web site of Freewing. That was an excellent idea!!! But before doing this, I hadn´t been able to see where to plug the UBEC, and didn´t find any information on it. I finally found a diagram where it was explained the same you say: it says you can use any of the empty channels on the receiver to plug it. Can you upload photos so that I can see the way you have it all connected? That would be lovely.

In addition to what you explain, I also thought about tighten screws, checking them beforehands. I haven´t had such any bad experience, but when producing anything, it is usual to work quickly while mounting products, therefore it´s better to check every bolt, screw, etc...

Waiting for your answer, and thank you very much for answering to my request.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraskojones View Post

Hi, Seaviper!!:

What I don´t know is where to plug the UBEC, because there are 9 channels and I think I´ll use all of them, configuring the front steering wheel in a channel so that I could trim it separately from the rudder, as I saw in a video in the official web site of Freewing. That was an excellent idea!!! But before doing this, I hadn´t been able to see where to plug the UBEC, and didn´t find any information on it. I finally found a diagram where it was explained the same you say: it says you can use any of the empty channels on the receiver to plug it. Can you upload photos so that I can see the way you have it all connected? That would be lovely.

In addition to what you explain, I also thought about tighten screws, checking them beforehands. I haven´t had such any bad experience, but when producing anything, it is usual to work quickly while mounting products, therefore it´s better to check every bolt, screw, etc...

Waiting for your answer, and thank you very much for answering to my request.
                        You can use a Y connector on one of the channels to put the UBEC in. That will work just fine.
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Yep a y-connector will work too. I fly FrSky X8R receiver and plug my ubec into the RSSI port.
                          I don't put my nose gear on a separate channel as I have found this to be unnecessary.

I used 3M spray adhesive to attach this shelf liner to the battery tray. (spray the liner separately, wait for it to get tacky or dry, then attach to battery tray).

I use velcro wraps (2" lengths) to wrap my cables. My receiver is tucked up inside the fuselage and velcroed to the side wall.
                          My antennas are on each side of that "V" opening. I'm missing that label for the circuit board as mine was loose and ripped up.
                          The manual shows a nice diagram of where everything goes.

I am running this newer Admiral 6s 5000 all the way forward to get the recommended CG.
                          My older Admiral 6s 5000 was further back from the front. You will have to move your battery a little to balance the plane.
                          It also depends on where you put your receiver and any other gear. This is how mine worked out.

On mine I had to go and adjust the ailerons, flaps and elevator to get them to be the same on both sides. Also, the gear doors may or may not need adjusting.
                          The speed brakes also needed adjusting to get equal throw.

If you are not familiar with this type of plane I highly recommend flying another lower cost jet until you get comfortable with the way they handle.

If you are like me and fly off less than manicured grass, then you need a good 200-250ft. So be prepared for that.

I have my radio setup for 30% expo on the ailerons and rudder (mainly for takeoff since nose wheel is y-ed in to rudder channel.)

Comment

Fraskojones, you've got good guys helping you out with great info. This should go a long way to help you have a successful maiden in terms of having the aircraft configured correctly.

I would echo Seaviper's question: Which EDFs have you flown before? Based on lots of sales data and feedback, we've seen a clear pattern that pilots with a couple 80mm/90mm EDFs under their belt are the most likely to have the longest success in operating the Freewing 90mm T-45. If you're comfortable, then take it up. If you're not, that's fine, there's no rush. It's always safer to ask questions before a maiden flight. Airplanes live longer on the ground and it will be ready to fly the day you are.

Have fun!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              Fraskojones, you've got good guys helping you out with great info. This should go a long way to help you have a successful maiden in terms of having the aircraft configured correctly.

I would echo Seaviper's question: Which EDFs have you flown before? Based on lots of sales data and feedback, we've seen a clear pattern that pilots with a couple 80mm/90mm EDFs under their belt are the most likely to have the longest success in operating the Freewing 90mm T-45. If you're comfortable, then take it up. If you're not, that's fine, there's no rush. It's always safer to ask questions before a maiden flight. Airplanes live longer on the ground and it will be ready to fly the day you are.

Have fun!
                              Well said. The learning curve is a lil higher on the T-45 due to its slightly heavier weight.
                              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Ohhhh,God!!!! How many answers in a short time, hahaha!!! Thank you all very much. I'll take every piece of advice, for sure!!! You are helping me much. I'll take It easy, as I don't want to crash the plane too early. I want it to last as long as possible. I have just started to plug the cables. Have to check every screw to make sure nothing will go wrong when flying It. In fact, I know this plane is for experienced pilots, and I have thought about taking my time and practice in my Aerofly 7 simulator. There's a T45 to practice with.

By the way, seaviper. For any reason I cannot see the photos you posted, and am really interested in having a watch. Can you send them to me in a private message to see If I can open them?

Thank you Gooniac33, Seaviper, and Supermoderator!!!! I'll be informing you with my progreses on mounting, etc.

Greetings to all from South Spain!!!!!!
                                Last edited by Fraskojones; Aug 30, 2017, 07:43 PM. Reason: Adding content

Comment

Ohhhh,God!!!! How many answers in a short time, hahaha!!! Thank you all very much. I'll take every piece of advice, for sure!!! You are helping me much. I'll take It easy, as I don't want to crash the plane too early. I want it to last as long as possible. I have just started to plug the cables. Have to check every screw to make sure nothing will go wrong when flying It. In fact, I know this plane is for experienced pilots, and I have thought about taking my time and practice in my Aerofly 7 simulator. There's a T45 to practice with.

By the way, seaviper. For any reason I cannot see the photos you posted, and am really interested in having a watch. Can you send them to me in a private message to see If I can open them?

Thank you Gooniac33, Seaviper, and Supermoderator!!!! I'll be informing you with my progreses on mounting, etc.

Greetings to all from South Spain!!!!!!
                                  Fraskojones,

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

One thing I learned about flying this T-45 is it will tip stall if it gets too slow. The slats and air brakes are nice features, but I never used them. I used flaps for landing, but also kept some power on. Definitely take the time to practice on your simulator. This T-45 is a good flying plane and you will enjoy it.

Where in south Spain are you? I used to fly with the club just outside Utrera, near Sevilla.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

Fraskojones,

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

One thing I learned about flying this T-45 is it will tip stall if it gets too slow. The slats and air brakes are nice features, but I never used them. I used flaps for landing, but also kept some power on. Definitely take the time to practice on your simulator. This T-45 is a good flying plane and you will enjoy it.

Where in south Spain are you? I used to fly with the club just outside Utrera, near Sevilla.

Sean
                                    Good morning, Sean!!!!

thank you for welcoming me!!!! And the tips, of course.

I live in Málaga, Utrera is in the next province, in Sevilla. Nice place tooooooo!!!!! Málaga is the capital of the province with the same name.

Seven years ago I discovered there was a club on the coast, and joined. Unfortunately the place belonged to the townhall of Fuengirola, and the contract we has expired. And had to look for another place to fly. This new place has a gravel runway, which I don't like for the T45. I' ll see if it finally helps flying the plane there. If not, I will look for another place a little flatter to take off and land. Though I think I need hours of simulador.

Fran.

P.S. Nice to meet you all, by the way.

Comment

PM sent

I have mine set up so that I use flaps and slats for landing. She will fly nice and slow with a little power and nose high. The mistake I see most is that people rotate way too high when landing. Getting any swept wing bird slow with high alpha is a recipe for a bad day. Just chop power to like 25%, extend flaps, slats, gear, and let the nose drop. Then rotate at about 1.5M high. Land by reducing throttle. If it looks like you are landing too far out, add a little throttle. Remember, throttle for rate, pitch for speed. If it looks bad, add power, flaps to takeoff setting, gear up and do it again.

I have takeoff flaps set with no slats to reduce drag as I am accelerating. My airbrakes are on the spring-return switch so that all I have to do to close them is let go of the switch.

Actually I am going to do a video of how I set up my programming on the T-45 along with the rationale for doing so. I will also do a flight video if this weather ever clears up around here. I'm weathered-in at the moment.

The simulator should help you a lot. But I still suggest you get something like an 80mm jet to practice with. Believe it or not the 1400mm T-28 from FMS flies the landing approach very much like the T-45. It also handles at speed more like a jet. Personally I recommend it as a jet trainer based on my own experience. But in the end it's up to you. The best jet trainer is a jet of course.

Good luck sir! Show us photos or videos of your maiden voyage.

Comment

Good morning, Sean!!!!

thank you for welcoming me!!!! And the tips, of course.

I live in Málaga, Utrera is in the next province, in Sevilla. Nice place tooooooo!!!!! Málaga is the capital of the province with the same name.

Seven years ago I discovered there was a club on the coast, and joined. Unfortunately the place belonged to the townhall of Fuengirola, and the contract we has expired. And had to look for another place to fly. This new place has a gravel runway, which I don't like for the T45. I' ll see if it finally helps flying the plane there. If not, I will look for another place a little flatter to take off and land. Though I think I need hours of simulador.

Fran.

P.S. Nice to meet you all, by the way.
                                        Fran,

Ahhh...yes...Costa del Sol. My wife and I vacationed there several times...very beautiful! I made several trips to the Málaga airport dropping off or picking up my wife when she travelled to Germany for work. I could reminisce about Spain all day...I hope to get back there again someday.

Now, back to the T-45. Careful if you fly off a gravel runway. You could "FOD" (foreign object damage/debris) the fan. It wouldn't take much for your gear to kick up a small rock and it get sucked into the cheater hole, then tear up your fan. You may want to consider adding screen material over your cheater hole if you do end up flying off gravel.

Sean

Comment

Maidened the T-45 today! (yesterday now I suppose)

Winds were mostly calm and temperature about 85F.

Stock PNP outrunner, Admiral 6s 5000 50C (new version), FrSky Taranis X9D plus with X8R receiver and FLVSS voltage sensor.

Flight 1 I held the nose on the runway which delayed takeoff and caused an over rotation. No trim required. Felt comfortable enough to do a low pass. Almost hit a pine tree later in flight.

Flight 2 was 2 aborts and a short flight due to a fresh battery that had not been cycled. The battery was quite warm on landing. Changing to a battery with more cycles for the third flight made a big difference.

Flight 3 saw a better takeoff due to proper soft field technique and plenty of power and speed.

I flew the Admiral 6s 5000 all the way forward against the nose gear bulkhead. She required ZERO trim. I could not be happier. Planning to fly her tomorrow and Sunday before the weather goes bad here again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170901_171358.jpg Views:	1 Size:	177.3 KB ID:	95252
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	low_pass.png Views:	1 Size:	986.5 KB ID:	95253

Comment

Working...
                                          X