X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: New Freewing T-45 1st assembly highlights

Yea us Geezers get the sweaty palms and shaking knees . Well I still do .....

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

A member of our customer family was kind enough to share his T-45 assembly video with us. It's a 30+ minute video covering each step of assembling his Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk. I think it's great when pilots help their fellow modelers by providing such an in depth resource of information, as seen from their own eyes. Check out his video here:

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-t-45-goshawk-super-scale-90mm-edf-jet-pnp/#videos

If any of you have similar videos of your aircraft, feel free to share them!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

This is a fantastic Jet. Check out the two links below for additional info about the
        Freewing T-45 GosHawk 90mm Jet.

Motion RC assembly and review video:
        http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-t-45-goshawk-super-scale-90mm-edf-jet-pnp/#videos

Hangar 37 Steering mod video:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KWIzRyDq8

Hope these videos are of some help to you T-45 owners.
        Wisconsin John (Hangar 37)

Comment

This is a fantastic Jet. Check out the two links below for additional info about the
          Freewing T-45 GosHawk 90mm Jet.

Hangar 37 Assembly and review video:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi42VdplzH8

Hangar 37 Steering mod video:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KWIzRyDq8

Hope these videos are of some help to you T-45 owners.
          Wisconsin John (Hangar 37)

Comment

I was trying to have the slats deploy with the flap switch but found they are reversed.
            I'm using a Futaba T7C radio with an 8 ch receiver.
            Can anybody point me to some info to achieve this?
            Thanks

Comment

The slats have to be on a separate channel then the flaps. You can then reverse the slats, and then do a mix of your flap channel as the main and slat channel as the slave channel. This should solve your problem. Let me know how it worked out for you.
              Wisconsin John
              [hr]
              Didn't notice your using a seven channel transmitter. You really need an 8 or 9 channel receiver and transmitter to get everything this plane has to offer. You may try reversing the flaps and resetting your position figures before you y harness the slats into the flap channel.

Comment

John is right, thanks for posting! That's how I did mine.

Originally posted by Wisconsin John
                The slats have to be on a separate channel then the flaps. You can then reverse the slats, and then do a mix of your flap channel as the main and slat channel as the slave channel. This should solve your problem. Let me know how it worked out for you.
                Wisconsin John

[hr]
                Didn't notice your using a seven channel transmitter. You really need an 8 or 9 channel receiver and transmitter to get everything this plane has to offer. You may try reversing the flaps and resetting your position figures before you y harness the slats into the flap channel.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I also tried to use a 7C when I had my T-45, nothing worked right no matter how I mixed, Y harnessed, tried just about everything possible and never got everything to work right. I really like my 7C, its all I use for my EDF jets but the T-45 needs more channels to work properly I think, unless someone can let me know how you got everthing working. If I remember right, I ended up not using the speed brakes. I got close though, put the flaps on ch 7 and Y it with the ESC, then put the slats on 6 using the flap knob, maybe a servo reverser would work somewhere on this to get the speed brakes to go the right direction??

Comment

Has anyone strengthened the main gear mounts on this jet? I'm just considering something other than pure Gorilla Glue at this point haha!

Comment

I have been eyeing this thing for a while. I hadn't seen one fly in person until recently. My buddy has one and I am pretty convinced that it is one to have. I just don't care for the colors. So I have my own set up that I will be testing with his today which is a Leopard 4082 1600kv inrunner, freewing inrunner fan and still running on 6s 40c 5000mah pack. I have used this in my 90mm F-15 with really good results but this plane has cleaner ducting and is a better choice for it. I hope to be able to post results later today. I am expecting a huge leap in performance just like I got with the F-15 but even better cruising at half throttle. Anyway here is the video of me flying my 70mm F-16 with him.

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                        I have been eyeing this thing for a while. I hadn't seen one fly in person until recently. My buddy has one and I am pretty convinced that it is one to have. I just don't care for the colors. So I have my own set up that I will be testing with his today which is a Leopard 4082 1600kv inrunner, freewing inrunner fan and still running on 6s 40c 5000mah pack. I have used this in my 90mm F-15 with really good results but this plane has cleaner ducting and is a better choice for it. I hope to be able to post results later today. I am expecting a huge leap in performance just like I got with the F-15 but even better cruising at half throttle. Anyway here is the video of me flying my 70mm F-16 with him.

Go with the Cyclone Power 1650kv inrunner if you want a bump in performance with the alloy FW12b, it's much more efficient. But... 8s is really the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Go with the Cyclone Power 1650kv inrunner if you want a bump in performance with the alloy FW12b, it's much more efficient. But... 8s is really the ticket.
                          it actually went ok! The CG was off so it didn't pick up all that much speed on the one flight we got. But I am going to get one and try it out.... see how it goes.
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

it actually went ok! The CG was off so it didn't pick up all that much speed on the one flight we got. But I am going to get one and try it out.... see how it goes.
                            Nice! You'll like it... Great sound and strong thrust at only 98 amps~

Comment

The Cyclone is a 3674 which is not ideal for the Freewing Fan since it has a lot more pitch than the xrp unit that it normally is in. My search still continues... maybe 8s is the only way to do this... but I am still gonna try... we have used 3674 1700kv motors with good results but somewhat high amp draw...

Comment

The Cyclone is a 3674 which is not ideal for the Freewing Fan since it has a lot more pitch than the xrp unit that it normally is in. My search still continues... maybe 8s is the only way to do this... but I am still gonna try... we have used 3674 1700kv motors with good results but somewhat high amp draw...
                                What are you talking about? The CP1650 works great with the Alloy cased FW 12b. I've built more combos than most people have planes and it's a fine setup for moderate draw on 6s.(98 amps)

It makes almost as much power as the FW HET 1680 only without the excess 20~amp draw.

The CP1650/Taft 11b setup is also a solid setup... Lighter and even better sounding than the FW12b.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

What are you talking about? The CP1650 works great with the Alloy cased FW 12b. I've built more combos than most people have planes and it's a fine setup for moderate draw on 6s.(98 amps)

It makes almost as much power as the FW HET 1680 only without the excess 20~amp draw.

The CP1650/Taft 11b setup is also a solid setup... Lighter and even better sounding than the FW12b.
                                  I will have to try it out but the ones I have seen in the same size and kv have been well over 120amps in the freewing units. The 11 blade makes sense in being lower amp draw and sounding great. I have heard that and seen the videos proving that too. I am gonna test the 3674 1700kv Tacon that I have again and see what I am getting with the esc timing as I want. Last tests were on high timing. You also need to take the whole throttle range into account as well. Bigger diameter motors seems to reach higher RPMS at half throttle but draw less amps. So for these motors there are pros and cons to each set up. I like light set ups but it isn't always possible which calls for a compromise. This is how I was able to get my 90mm F-15 to perform as well as it does on 6s. It is using a 4092 1730kv motor on 6s and gets much better than stock performance and pretty dang close to 8s as well. It takes tinkering and I did tons of it over the last year. I am not a novice in this whole area either and am willing to take the risks involved with trying some things to see what happens.

Comment

I will have to try it out but the ones I have seen in the same size and kv have been well over 120amps in the freewing units. The 11 blade makes sense in being lower amp draw and sounding great. I have heard that and seen the videos proving that too. I am gonna test the 3674 1700kv Tacon that I have again and see what I am getting with the esc timing as I want. Last tests were on high timing. You also need to take the whole throttle range into account as well. Bigger diameter motors seems to reach higher RPMS at half throttle but draw less amps. So for these motors there are pros and cons to each set up. I like light set ups but it isn't always possible which calls for a compromise. This is how I was able to get my 90mm F-15 to perform as well as it does on 6s. It is using a 4092 1730kv motor on 6s and gets much better than stock performance and pretty dang close to 8s as well. It takes tinkering and I did tons of it over the last year. I am not a novice in this whole area either and am willing to take the risks involved with trying some things to see what happens.
                                    You'll never see over 100 amps with the CP1650/FW12 on 6s. I've had three of them and they've all pulled about 96-98 amps.

However, the HET1680 they sell pulls about 118-120 amps on 6s... WAY too hot for the 3.3-3.4kg it makes IMHO.

Comment

ok guys here is the video of the T-45 with my modded set up. the specs are a 4082 1600kv Leopard motor with an Inrunner Freewing Fan. Stock esc with a 6s 60c 5000mah pack. I found out later that the pack was brand new and he had not broken it in. So it could have been better. This motor set up is significantly heavier than stock but it moved the plane pretty good! Also the CG may have been a tad further back than before. We only got one flight with it. He changed it back to stock since it didn't really suit his flying style. I am sure that I could get it t work out pretty well with some extra fine tuning! Take a look...

Comment

Say, does anyone have a straight on shot, from the rear of the plane, of their neutral elevator position?

I just want to make sure mine's okay before flight. Thanks!

Comment

Mine is up in the attic with a bad case of busted wingitous, but mine were neutral. No deflection either way. I put zero clicks of trim in the plane.

Comment

Working...
                                          X