Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA-6B Geek here's a quick video of one of my F-4's on that WPU ("Wiedman Power Upgrade" ), do it, you won't be disappointed (unless you want to go 8S, which would be even better, but more money and maybe new batteries to work with-I have mostly 6S, so not a great option). I've posted this before, but who's counting. You can skip to the end to see my "low approach & evade the radar" (especially the FAA) landing sequence. Much easier to sneak up on the ground based bad guys and any SAM sites. In and out before they know what hit them!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Cool pics! Must have been fun. I just have to learn how to LAND mine first! (a required maneuver!)
      thanks!! I also forgot to mention that the pilot is 16....
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by The43rdHammer View Post

That second to last photo is the bomb 💣! Lovely!
        Thanks!! So the pilot is 16 and the photographer is 17.... stuff I think I may have forgotten to mention...
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Mercury.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	313631

Anyone using this motor? .......thinking of using it in my Sunday best F4 ..........will have to be better than the wonderful Freewing 1835kv though !!

Comment

• Does anyone here know if the ESC timing on the stock 150a ESC included with the 8s Phantom can be changed to 5-6 degrees? Or what it’s factory settings are?
            Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
              Does anyone here know if the ESC timing on the stock 150a ESC included with the 8s Phantom can be changed to 5-6 degrees? Or what it’s factory settings are?
              Thanks
              Answered you on RCg .

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Answered you on RCg .
                Ahh, yes you did, thanks! Any idea what the factory timing setting is for the stock 8s ESC?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post

Ahh, yes you did, thanks! Any idea what the factory timing setting is for the stock 8s ESC?
                  Unfortunately, I can’t remember what the default is on the 8S PNP 150A HV ESC, but many of the 80-100A ESC’s often come with the timing set to Medium from the factory in my experience (regardless of whether I had a Freewing PNP airplane with an outrunner vs Inrunner motor). I think I did change my 8S F-22 PNP ESC timing to Low, so it must have been something other than “Low” as a default.

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mercury.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	313631

Anyone using this motor? .......thinking of using it in my Sunday best F4 ..........will have to be better than the wonderful Freewing 1835kv though !!
                    Looks lightning fast and quite nefarious just sittin there. What is it and what are the specs?
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• EPF Hobby Mercury II 12 Blades 90mm EDF Ducted Fan + 1900Kv Motor 6s Narrow
                      Length (mm): 185.5 mm
                      Weight (gr): 412 gr
                      EDF thrust (categorization) 4-5kg
                      Direction of Rotation (EDF Rotor) Classic Counter Clock Wize (CCW)
                      EDF Diameter Class (mm): 90
                      Blades: 12
                      Turbine shroud Metal
                      EDF Rotor Metal
                      Turns/min/Volt (Kv): 1900 kv
                      Motor Type: Out-Runner
                      Battery Cells: 6s - 22.2v
                      Looks verrrrrrrry interesting

Comment

• Just back from a good flight with the beast .......full arsenal aboard..went great till wind got up just on start of approach when the wings started to rock a bit ! Got down OK and but didn't half wake me up!!

Went back again after dinner to a beautiful calm evening with not a soul in the park. Stuck in the HRB 6000 and had the best flight ever. Gave it the full 4 minutes and came in with cells down at 3.75 -3.70. Battery was warm but not hot. LUVIN IT !!
                        Last edited by locharrow; May 22, 2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                          EPF Hobby Mercury II 12 Blades 90mm EDF Ducted Fan + 1900Kv Motor 6s Narrow
                          Length (mm): 185.5 mm
                          Weight (gr): 412 gr
                          EDF thrust (categorization) 4-5kg
                          Direction of Rotation (EDF Rotor) Classic Counter Clock Wize (CCW)
                          EDF Diameter Class (mm): 90
                          Blades: 12
                          Turbine shroud Metal
                          EDF Rotor Metal
                          Turns/min/Volt (Kv): 1900 kv
                          Motor Type: Out-Runner
                          Battery Cells: 6s - 22.2v
                          Looks verrrrrrrry interesting
                          I suspect it may require a bit of foam surgery to get the aft end of the shroud to fit properly as it looks like it has a fairly significant flare on that end. It seems to be significantly lighter at 412 gr vs the FW 12 blade inrunner (also with metal housing) at 530 gr and the FW 9 blade inrunner (with composite housing) at 434 gr. That significant weight difference kind of makes me wonder though.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• They are heavy and most require surgery to install and to figure out how to run the motor wires. But they do make good power though draw a lot of power to make that power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              They are heavy and most require surgery to install and to figure out how to run the motor wires. But they do make good power though draw a lot of power to make that power.
                              So the 412 gr listed weight must be a misprint (or maybe just the weight of the motor itself). Didn't make sense why it would be 120 gr lighter than the FW metal housing 12 blade inrunner. I like to buy my EDF's like I buy my prime meat, based on a higher price per pound for better quality, but at +$200 for a piece weighing 25% less, it better be hand massaged Kobe beef!
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• " but at +$200 for a piece weighing 25% less, it better be hand massaged Kobe beef! "

Hugh.........In Scotland we pay that much just to smell a fillet of Aberdeen Angus !!

Comment

• Sorry all. This probably gets asked a lot but I just got the 8S model and was going to fly with a Spektrum 6s 5000mah and then another Spektrum 2s 5000mah, but something just didn’t feel right about it. Are people mainly using 2 Roaring Top 4s batteries? And if so, are they using the (4s) 70c @ 5000mah or is the (4s) 80c at 5100mah better? Thanks. I’ve dug through pages in this forum and found tons of good advice (changed my elevator servo to the Hitec) but can’t find definitive answers on the battery

Comment

• I am not using 4+4 nor roaring top… 6+2 and I have a few different sizes and brands from 5200 to 6200.

Originally posted by FoamOvercast17 View Post
                                    Sorry all. This probably gets asked a lot but I just got the 8S model and was going to fly with a Spektrum 6s 5000mah and then another Spektrum 2s 5000mah, but something just didn’t feel right about it. Are people mainly using 2 Roaring Top 4s batteries? And if so, are they using the (4s) 70c @ 5000mah or is the (4s) 80c at 5100mah better? Thanks. I’ve dug through pages in this forum and found tons of good advice (changed my elevator servo to the Hitec) but can’t find definitive answers on the battery

Comment

• Hello FoamO
                                      I am using a 6s and a 2s, same brand and milliamp. I like this combination because it still allows me to use my 6s packs in most of my other EDF’s. I have had any issues.

Comment

• Have not had any issues.

Comment

• Thank you Evan and T-Elbert

Comment

Working...
                                          X