X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
    My guys over our famous Forth Bridge……Edinburgh. Happy New Year lads….hopefully get some flying soon, when my eyes get back into focus after the single malts…..
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0186.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	393921
    Aye, the Firth of Forth! I've been there before. Great town, Edinburgh! Even neater pics of the Phantoms in tight formation overhead.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Military tech, trends, and happenings

Phantom Phellows,

Great article from " The Merge" highlighting the 57th anniversary of "Operation BOLO" and Col Robin Olds role.

Also, check out joining "The F-4 Society". Great info and tech manuals of our beloved Rhino. https://www.f4phantom.com/

Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Tricky those americans arnt they,,,, great story lb i i dont know a heap about the vietnam war(mostly the aussie stuff) we played our role,, small as it was,, very populer song hear on the radio in the late 80s was called ( he was only 19) its regularly played and still givs me chills

Comment

• I feel the need.. the need 4 na wrong thread just kiddin.. but as always just bored.. great pic i think and hopeing for 3rd flight on sunday(fly day 4 me) well see

Comment

• Looks like your in a field of lettuce there f4u.....We had windless clear blue skies since last weekend, great flying conditions above ground.......6" of snow ON the ground and minus temperatures day and night. Can't even get the get up and go to get up and go down to the hangar to do anything. Had a big flood a few weeks ago and a field was frozen over like a small loch and I was hoping to fly off the ice. I did it years ago with my Maratuka Phantom and it's brilliant but this recent snow put paid to that. Any guys, onwards and upwards.....

Comment

• locharrow I feel for you and that is why we have winter projects.

Heatwave here today, 38oF (That's 3 and third Co for you), either way it is cold.

Back in the meat-locker after today with single digit lows until Sunday.

We did have a bit of an "OOPS" here at home, "someone" (no names to protect the innocent) left an outside spigot open with the "Y" splitter for the garden hoses closed.

"Y" Splitter is plastic, so it cracked and has been spewing water for at least a day maybe longer. (I thought it was just snow until I looked harder)

Made for a large chunk of ice, so I figure I need to go to the store and get a bottle of Bombay and some Schepp's.

Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1600.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	395110 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1599.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	395111

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB....that is lovely ice sculpture....very surreal​ in a Picassoe-esque way! One of my "pleasures" is watching my long frozen hose just as it starts to thaw when it begins spitting out a whole pile of ice pellets. Seems to be alive, jumping about as the ice chokes then jerks about......... Well I am retired !!!!!!!! ​ Brought my Grey F4 fuselage up from the garage and have it in the lounge trying to get inspiration..I hope it looks like this when it's finished ...but I doubt it !!! Click image for larger version

Name:	greyf4.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	395115 .

Comment

• locharrow.

Love that picture.

Is that Euro 2 Camo?

A glossy black nose, very nice.

Hey, you got this.

Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                    locharrow I feel for you and that is why we have winter projects.

Heatwave here today, 38oF (That's 3 and third Co for you), either way it is cold.

Back in the meat-locker after today with single digit lows until Sunday.

We did have a bit of an "OOPS" here at home, "someone" (no names to protect the innocent) left an outside spigot open with the "Y" splitter for the garden hoses closed.

"Y" Splitter is plastic, so it cracked and has been spewing water for at least a day maybe longer. (I thought it was just snow until I looked harder)

Made for a large chunk of ice, so I figure I need to go to the store and get a bottle of Bombay and some Schepp's.

Best, LB

Name:	IMG_1600.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	395110 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1599.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	395111

southerners... we just pulled out of a winter storm/blizzard with temps down to -18F, had one day where it almost got above freezing and now we're starting a 3" snow and windchill warnings again. On the other hand it took me a couople plumbing bills as a homeowner to remeber to disconnect hose etc from "frost free" spigot...

Comment

• skyowa, I hear ya, Brother. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Another goodie....was going to say it was my new F4 but too many detectives on this site..... Click image for larger version

Name:	banking f4.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	396185

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                          Another goodie....was going to say it was my new F4 but too many detectives on this site.....
                          LA, I was going to ask for your LE Mod files. Now what? Grrrrreat pic. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3931.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	396198 Me in 1979 aboard the USS Midway. My buddy and I set this shot up with a 35mm camera I bought just prior to deployment. He took one of me I took one of him. It’s striking the Angle of Attack on that F-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post
                              Me in 1979 aboard the USS Midway. My buddy and I set this shot up with a 35mm camera I bought just prior to deployment. He took one of me I took one of him. It’s striking the Angle of Attack on that F-4.
                              JPR,

Great shot and quite the adventure for a young man, my friend.

In '79 and just one year outta college; I hardly knew ****e from shoe polish.

Bravo Zulu.

Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• " Me in 1979 aboard the USS Midway." Come on...that's Steve McQueen ............

Comment

• Finally got my 8S F4 Jolly Rodgers maiden in. That 8S fan is outstanding on this airframe! When MRC gets more fans in, I need to upgrade my F4 Blue Angel and the F16 to 8S. Flew it on Danny's new SMC 8S HiV 5900mah pack weighing in at 943 gr. Holy Cow, that pack is fantastic, just like his 6S HiV 5900. Got over 6 minutes flight time. We maidened it at dusk, so the video is mostly pictures and some flying video, but it was getting dark quickly. Started at my normal F4 CG I have on the other 2 at 194mm, but moved the pack back twice totaling about 2" so I'm not sure where I ended, maybe around 200mm or more, but it definitely flies and lands best there, keeping a nice nose up attitude on landing. I'll check the balance tomorrow to find out where I ended up but for some reason, it's definitely further back than my 6S versions.

Name:	Q.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	396352 Click image for larger version

Name:	K.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	396356 Click image for larger version

Name:	W.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	396353 Click image for larger version

Name:	V.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	396354 Click image for larger version

Name:	F.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	396355 Click image for larger version

Name:	C.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	396357 Click image for larger version

Name:	Y.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	396358

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Verrrrrrry nice...........gorgeous pics.

Comment

• Just getting the new Freewing Grey F4 ready for the maiden flight.... Hugh...eat your heart out Click image for larger version

Name:	ready.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	397138

Comment

• Awsome pic locharrow. Any time frame of that....,?? Must find some of our Aussie. F4s. Don't forget pics of ya grey one.

And I see now there is a 6 s. 1960 KV available Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231218_190450.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	397156

Comment

• I have a question concerning the ESC and the reverse thrust feature. I'm not sure what is going on but when I close the throttle and select the reverse thrust switch, the motor reverses but when I get over a certain throttle set point it will switch back to forward thrust. This is my first plane with reverse thrust and my radio is a frsky x20s. Hoping someone can help or get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X