Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1390kv? 5000 8s should be good for 4 minutes with throttle management.

that would be a great set up for the F-4

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
      Hi guys looking at my next one for the hanger(they r slowly increasing yea) hav had my eye on this for a long long time... but new i needed to improve my skills.. jets so far dynam me 262 a puppy,, avous mig 17 also a puppy.. then 70 mm fwing f35 and struggled a bit with that,, now have al37 easy peasy,, im not sure about 3 min flight times on this,, its not long... i have a hi perf innrunner and esc ,out of the mig,, but can get an 8s here for not alot more... so u guys may me help on the 8s flight times,,, lastly i can get a fwing couger instead ,,, may b better choice, b4 the f4.. just not sure which way to jump thanx in advance
      Agree with Evan, the 8S version is outstanding. With that said, I'm not sure your next EDF should be the F4. Don't get me wrong, I love it and have 2 of them, but it flies a bit different from other warbird EDF's. I got my 1st one as soon as it came out, but it was only my 2nd EDF after a Stinger 90. It took me a while (and I got a lot of practice and proficient at repairing foam EDF's from this one ) to learn how to fly it. You need to fly it scale and it won't disappoint. No slow high alphas, which it does not recover from, and needs to be balanced close to the manual. It has no cheater air holes so can "starve" for air at the wrong speed and orientation. On all my EDF's I'm a minimum of 20-40mm behind manual recommendation, except this one which I fly at 195mm, only 5mm behind manual recommendations, so it definitely likes to be more nose heavy than others. Any further back and it gets twitchy and a bit unstable. You've got to get your landing skills down pat, slow enough to land with the nose just up a bit (otherwise you'll break the nose pin) but not so slow it stalls. It took me maybe 20 or more flights to feel comfortable with it, but after you do, it is one of the best flying EDF's I have, usually the first in the air to get my juices going. With that said, you may want to go with the 8S Eurofighter or F22. Both fly very easily and landing with the nose up is a breeze, as they both seem to want to stick their nose up at everyone when coming in at about 25% throttle. Just a thought, others might feel different but that's my 2 cents.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
        This one is special. We, the British, took the F4 Phantom and give it some real class............none of your Andy Warhol stuff, more ..........Gainsborough........ Click image for larger version

Name:	f41111.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	386977
        LA, She's a beauty!. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Is the MiG17 fan and ESC the stock one? It’s not enough for the FW F-4.
          Found it its 1835 kv 12 blade inrunner with the 125 gecho esc, i undersand the weight diff the latest 6s f4 have 1950kv or theirabout will the 1835 i hav b good if i start 6s then convert to 8 s

Comment

• That's a great 6S system. leave it 6S.

Comment

• I would agree with Evan D. I had the 1835 setup in mine for a couple of years. After trying the 8S setup, I reverted back to the 6S w/ 1835. Same performance, lighter weight and with good throttle management, good flight times.

Comment

Found it its 1835 kv 12 blade inrunner with the 125 gecho esc, i undersand the weight diff the latest 6s f4 have 1950kv or theirabout will the 1835 i hav b good if i start 6s then convert to 8 s
                If it is the FMS 1835 then that is ideal for the F4 ....not a great increase in thrust over the stock Freewing motor but sounds better. . I'm hearing about a new 1900 Freewing unit but don't see anyone in this forum using it. Wouldn't mind giving it a try in the NEW GREY F4 that arrived at UK customs today !!! Be another week before it gets to Scotland!

Comment

• Some great info their by all.... thanx everybody so much for ya time and locharrow i did notice rc castle advertise their 6s with 1950 kv b safe happy flying

Comment

Some great info their by all.... thanx everybody so much for ya time and locharrow i did notice rc castle advertise their 6s with 1950 kv b safe happy flying
                    .Seeing the 1900 Freewing and it has more static thrust than the 1850 so looks like a winner. Some of you boffins can fill me in on how 4300g translates through from static to in-flight power (please) Mainly interested in getting improved performance off grass!!

Comment

• Big box arrived today ....................store it ..... or build it....

Comment

• You're asking the wrong crowd. Build and buy another to store!

Comment

• Build it what scheme do like... yours is grey i think, i like the sundowner in grey just about got my wife convinced,, hopeing to order early next week and will be south east asia cammo ive never had a big box in the house more than 5 minuts b4 opening and starting assy.. little boy me... dont fget post some piks

Comment

• Beat you by two minutes f4u but closed it again! Fly as is I think although I'd love to do the Omega Sqd. scheme...

Comment

• Think I'll be stuffing this into the new F4.........Freewing Metal 90mm 12 Blades EDF with 6s 4068 1750KV ...all opinions appreciated.... Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	388246

Comment

• Mine is the same metal frame, alloy i think,, with the 1835 kv.... dont forget to reset cg cause its heavier than the plastic one..

Comment

• f4u...You talking about the FMS 1835? Have that in my new unflown camo F4...good motor..... this Freewing 1750 has redesigned blades and is supposed to deliver more static thrust. Unfortunately, I am so simple that I read it as "able to get off the grass better" That is why I need help !!

Comment

• I recently installed the Freewing 3668 1960Kv after having the 4068 1835Kv for about a year. Lightened the plane up, and on a 6S 6000 Admiral, I can easily get a 4 min flight time with throttle management.

Comment

Think I'll be stuffing this into the new F4.........Freewing Metal 90mm 12 Blades EDF with 6s 4068 1750KV ...all opinions appreciated.... Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	388246
                                      I've got the FW 4068-1835Kv 12 blade inrunner in both of my F-4's. As a matter of fact, put those in my FW 90mm F16 and both of my FW 90mm F-18's. Love that fan and the sound of a 12 blade is sweet. I'm sure the 1750Kv will be similar to the 1835Kv, so you should enjoy it. More power than what was in those aircraft stock (although several were purchased early on when they came with the outrunner ). I fly off grass so any additional punch at take-off is well appreciated. I'm now flying all of those on the new 740 gr SMC HiV 5900's (used to use the 6200's which weighed 840gr). On the F-4, I have my timer set at 4:00 and usually come down there or at 3:50 (as much flight time as the 6200's or better since it lost some weight). Suggest you balance it close to the manual recommendation of 190mm. I'm at 195mm and like it there, as for me the F-4 really gets squirrely any further back, unlike all the other EDF's I have balanced 20-40mm further back. Just my opinion though.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

f4u...You talking about the FMS 1835? Have that in my new unflown camo F4...good motor..... this Freewing 1750 has redesigned blades and is supposed to deliver more static thrust. Unfortunately, I am so simple that I read it as "able to get off the grass better" That is why I need help !!
                                        Its fwing 1835 was in my mig 17 not alot of use 12 blade last timit flew 430 minuts just a bit to long.. si will b good 4 f4 soon think its mayb 2 years old

Comment

• "Its fwing 1835 " Yes, I have the FMS 1835 and didn't realise Freewing made one as well. I just bought the Freewing 1750, it is supposed to produce 4600 - 4900 gms of thrust so hopefully that will improve off grass stuff.

On a different subject, is there a way to remove the skull transfers on the tail. I am not over fond of the design and would like to change it. It looks as if painting over them is about all one can do.

Comment

Working...
                                          X