Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I’m confused. I’m reading 6s with 1835kv, 1750kv, 1900kv, and the upgraded 1950kv motors. Which is the best setup for 6s power?

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
      Yesterday high winds and pi##ing rain……woke up to overnight hard frost and a bright sunny calm day . Managed up for one flight with the new 1750, (dog walkers arrived ). Certainly more powerful than the Freewing one it replaced with a slightly louder whine but pleasant enough. All in it was worth it with power gain better than 5% but I would not go as far as 10%. Grass take off was a good bit smarter which was the whole objective. Recommend? Yes .
      Can i ask what kv and flight times with previous motor thanx lockarrow

Comment

• Confused ...perplexed...wondering...will I ..wont I .....been all over the place choosing a new motor for the grey F4. Finally settled on the one advertised with the highest thrust given in the specs. That suits my simple brain! The one removed was the Freewing 1850kv . The new one is supposed to be V2 1750kv of that motor with a deeper changed aerofoil section on the blade, The wires are a fair bit thicker whatever that means. Flight time was usual 3.5 ish from take off to touchdown. Battery was a 6000 HRB. Just hooked it on charge this morning and was good at 3.7- 3.8 . As I say, the main objective was getting off the grass smarter and that seems to have been the case.

Comment

• Im a learner too always hav been wondering about checking thrust,,... figures ive seen,,, 3.7 kg thrust... 90 mm 6 s, as read from manafactureres ,, was wondering,, is that measured with motor on a box( just mounted) or a plane on its wheels... ready to go. Inc its weight it will b here sooner than i thought,,, (arive ) lol im hopeing.. hve decided to do my first detaled cockpit,, we will see

Comment

• Best as in the most thrust? The inrunner 1750 is the latest HP and has the most. The 1960 is the current standard power and while it makes less power it has a plastic shroud and is overall a good unit.

The 1835 is the old HP. The 1900 is the old standard power and the 1750 out runner is just old low power. I don't know where you saw a 1950.

Originally posted by F4U Corsair View Post
            Ok, I’m confused. I’m reading 6s with 1835kv, 1750kv, 1900kv, and the upgraded 1950kv motors. Which is the best setup for 6s power?

Comment

• My bad, I meant 1960kv as the current motor supplied. If lower kv = more thrust, am I correct in assuming higher kv = higher speed (all inrunners). Is the high thrust motor this one? https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...motor-mi040683

Comment

• Higher kV is higher rpms but the motor also has to have the mass (be big enough) to supply that rpm to the fan. You have to think of it as a set, the motor, fan, and shroud all add up to a good (or not so good) set up. Also be careful as some fans have different mounting and the fan adapter on the motor needs to match. In my opinion buy a EDF unit as a set so you know it will all work together. Some of those fans are 9 bladed and some 12 and not all 12 bladed fans are the same.

Also many time the stated kV is just not right, high or low. Also stated thrust numbers are very often not what you will get with that unit in the plane. Most times the numbers are uninstalled numbers and you'll have about 15% less installed. Also some give a rating using a power supply not a battery and many times the voltage setting on the power supply is unrealistic. For example they may use 25V but even on a fully charged battery you'll probably be at 23V, or even less. A lot of sites and even people, here on line, post totally unusable numbers or don't say how those numbers were obtained.

Comment

• Thanks, good info. I currently have the 1900kv 9 blade EDF unit. I would like more upline power. Would you go with the 1750kv or the 1960kv? Does the extra weight from the 1750kv motor offset the gains in thrust? I fly mine with 5200-5300 mAH Lipos currently to keep it lighter.

Comment

• If the fan will fit, as I said there are various mounting adapters, the 1750 of the two but the 1750 is less rpm than the 1900 so you may want to also go 12 blades on the fan.

Comment

• Thanks, I’ll be replacing the entire edf unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by F4U Corsair View Post
                        Thanks, I’ll be replacing the entire edf unit.
                        Not to confuse you further F4U but the FMS 1835 is also a good fan.......Edit....Evan in the next post is right .....some foam needs relieved for it, forgot about that. The FMS is in my other F4 that is too good to fly ......Think there are only 2 holes each side as opposed the FW 3.

Comment

• But you may have to modify the plane to put it in. And maybe extend motor wires. The FW is drop in.

Comment

• Its here what an awsome peice of foam decals aplied ( no fun) o well .. its 8s pnp ,,, and has a reverse esc( upgrade i guess)... not one too sook... but checking motor mounts to fit 6 s system ,, noticed wood mounts not glued in place(after remove foam housing) o well easy fix( glue) but . One q too ask (think i no the answer) do i need to change the 150 esc to suit the 6s powerplant,, (think not) that i will fit,,,

Comment

• No, the ESC will be good with the 6S set up too.

Comment

• f4u ausie, Congratulations. You are going to love that airframe. Check the Elevator linkage. Just sayin'. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Havnt checked elev linkage yet,,, but it has a 120 amp esc ,, which suits the 6s..... but does hav the 1350 kv fan.... again not sookin ,, just informing... and its nothing to do with motian,,, should hav 150 amp for 8 s oh well.. all else is good,,, its still the sexyest peice of foam iv ever seen ...... dont think maiden this wend. But nervous slash itchen for the next weekend... so when familiar with 6s flight,,, will need a 150 amp esc... someone at freewing needs a very gentle slap..( na just kiddin)

Comment

• f4u ausie ​. I call "...a very gentle slap..." a 'Gibbs slap'.

I believe more of a loving wake up call than an act of frustration.

The opposite of "That's okay, you tried, and look here's your 'participation trophy'."

Picture is of "271" Gate Guard at KsANG West Gate, McConnell AFB.

Best, LB

Attached Files
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Click image for larger version Name:	ncis-tony-dinozzo.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	389417

f4u ausie . I call "...a very gentle slap..." a 'Gibbs slap'.

I believe more of a loving wake up call than an act of frustration.

The opposite of "That's okay, you tried, and look here's your 'participation trophy'."

Picture is of "271" Gate Guard at KsANG West Gate, McConnell AFB.

Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	37848448_655998304763634_23341845878669312_n.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	389419
                                      Funny man eellbb always luv your piks

Comment

• While you boffins are on the boil, I set the timing on the new Freewing 1750 at Auto... (YEP 150 ESC) any advice on that?

ps.......... that head slap thing..........my wife always does that and that it is a way of expressing affection ...................

Comment

• Long weekend coming up the melboure cup ( your kentucky derby) any way so if weathr good ,, should get maiden done.... the rc geek( chris wolf) has his low rates at aileron 21mm elevator 20 mm ,, agood amount less than the book,,,,,, i will be happy to get up and down( scale ok by me) safely ,, so hopeing for thoughts on reguler flyers rates .. thanx in advance

Comment

Working...
                                          X