Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gents! Winter weather returns today and Monday with winds blowing 30 mph. Hope you're logging flights this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	118633Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	118634Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	118635
      Alpha - A piece of home. Photos from a beautiful day in Southern California. All the guys and gals say, "Hi!" Temp: 75, Winds 2-4 mph.

Evelyn and I are just loving the excitement and enthusiasm expressed by many pilots and spectators today at Apollo Field in Van Nuys, CA.
      Tony, that does make me miss home! Nine months is a long time away. The fleet looks happy! Pizzas, pizzas, sodas, waters, cheeps.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Nice lineup! But how about some info on the F-9 parked by the scoot?
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by weapons mechanic View Post
          Thanks bbaumer on the DIY project on the Aim-7's. Could be a fun addition. Hopefully my aircraft will be arriving around mid-April.
          Weapons Mechanic, thank you for your service and sacrifice, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business with this F-4. I'd enjoy hearing more of your stories working on the F-4!

We did not include the AIM-7s and other ordnance for several reasons. The mold costs are very high, as are the assembly costs, and whereas we typically sell ordnance complete ordnance packages separately from the aircraft at extra cost, we really wanted to include at least some ordnance at the target retail price. In our experience, many pilots fly without ordnance, so it is a fine balance between including what "adds" to the value of the package versus the practical factor of what costs more than what the majority of customers will want to pay for and actually use. In addition, due to how the main landing gear is configured on this model (90 degree folding as opposed to angled aft like the real F-4), we did not have any space to model the aft hardpoints for the AIM-7s because the model's main landing gear protrudes into the area where the aft position would be. A missile there would obstruct the function of the main landing gear. Accordingly, only the two forward positions are modeled.

We reasoned that, like the gunpod, pilots who want to depict these weapons can DIY them, 3DPrint a set, or browse our friend www.parkflyerplastics.com for options.

If there are any specific ordnance you'd like to see, let me know, and we just might include them on a future 3DPUP Set.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
            Nice lineup! But how about some info on the F-9 parked by the scoot?
            That's the 70mm foamy from RCLander, from several years ago. Still a good flyer, in my opinion. A little bit of foam sheet goes for internal ducts goes a long way. I'm not sure who owns the one in the photo. I do know that Corsair Nut did his detailer's treatment on one a while back and it flew amazingly. It has changed hands once or twice since, if I recall correctly.

Comment

• Hi Weapons Mechanic, welcome to the Squawk!
              Always great to see new guys jumping on board and adding to the collective knowledge!
              Spring time is going to be very interesting with the sky once again filled with F4's too cool!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

That's the 70mm foamy from RCLander, from several years ago. Still a good flyer, in my opinion. A little bit of foam sheet goes for internal ducts goes a long way. I'm not sure who owns the one in the photo. I do know that Corsair Nut did his detailer's treatment on one a while back and it flew amazingly. It has changed hands once or twice since, if I recall correctly.
                The Cougar is an old fiberglass model from EasyTiger. Corey plans to install a P20 turbine.

Comment

• Even better!

Comment

• If one wanted to print a custom pilot for this jet, with the intention of using the 3dpup cockpit, is the Standard Freewing jet pilot the proper size for comparison?

Comment

• Sad day for me fellas. Wife made me cancel my preorder says 3 new jets in two months is out of line Whoever gets my preorder do me a favor and enjoy it !

Comment

• :Confused:trial and error lolClick image for larger version

Name:	2422365A-BE0E-4B33-AE59-28DD79317C8E.jpeg
Views:	642
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	118786Click image for larger version

Name:	12D21681-D593-4922-A911-EBD38A16453C.jpeg
Views:	603
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	118785Click image for larger version

Name:	AB756DF2-5714-40BA-9AA4-B8E999FEDECC.jpeg
Views:	609
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	118783Click image for larger version

Name:	5EF76C8A-845C-4AE9-BC0D-F5F228D36880.jpeg
Views:	605
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	118784

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                          Sad day for me fellas. Wife made me cancel my preorder says 3 new jets in two months is out of line Whoever gets my preorder do me a favor and enjoy it !

Tell her, she can't keep buying so many shoes.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Sad day for me fellas. Wife made me cancel my preorder says 3 new jets in two months is out of line Whoever gets my preorder do me a favor and enjoy it !
                            :Scared::Confused::Angry::Silly::Sick2:

My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Happy wife, happy life. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Happy wife, happy life. ;)
                                Truer words have never been spoken.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
                                  :Confused:trial and error lolClick image for larger version

Name:	2422365A-BE0E-4B33-AE59-28DD79317C8E.jpeg
Views:	642
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	118786Click image for larger version

Name:	12D21681-D593-4922-A911-EBD38A16453C.jpeg
Views:	603
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	118785Click image for larger version

Name:	AB756DF2-5714-40BA-9AA4-B8E999FEDECC.jpeg
Views:	609
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	118783Click image for larger version

Name:	5EF76C8A-845C-4AE9-BC0D-F5F228D36880.jpeg
Views:	605
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	118784
                                  I like your method. Going to do my first attempt a little different so it will be good to compare notes. Looking good!

Comment

• I saw that some folks on here like Robin Olds' F-4. I drove over to the Wright Pat AF Museum and took some detailed pics of Scat XXVII, the plane Olds and his WSO Stephen Coker got 2 kills on 20 May 1967. I will post them over the next few days.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	118803Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	118804Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	118805
                                      Photos taken Saturday by my friend, Mike Gaasch.

Comment

• Great pics, I hope Mike is doing well!

RCJetDude, I'll post more pics tonight of the interior to help you plan your drag chute mech. It's tight in there...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180219_152237.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	118807

Comment

Im betting that this Phantom will be around for a long time! I hope the next release is in the Thunderbirds scheme, but I will have one in my future I’m sure.

Comment

Working...
                                          X