First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome job EA-6B Geek!!
    Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Now I gotta get together with our local F-4C MiG Killer pilot. 1st Lt. Wilbur J. (Joe) Latham. Shot down a MiG-21 on Nov.5, 1966. He has hi-res pics of the one on display at Holloman AFB, painted to represent the one he flew on that sortie. I'll get the hi-res pics and send them to Callie. These are some low-res pics he texted to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	180514_091958_0.jpeg
Views:	610
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	132919Click image for larger version

Name:	180514_091958_1.jpeg
Views:	596
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	132920Click image for larger version

Name:	180514_091958_2.jpeg
Views:	607
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	132921Click image for larger version

Name:	180514_091958_3.jpeg
Views:	595
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	132922
      Don

Currently flying FW F-4C Phantom II 8s PNP, GP Waco YMF5, GP P-6E Hawk V1, H9 Spitfire MkIX 30cc, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite 1.2M Spitfire MkIX, EFlite 1.2M F4U Corsair, EFlite 1.2M T-28, EFlite 1.2M P-47D Thunderbolt v1.

On repair bench: ASM F7F Tigercat, GP Ryan STA-M, BH P-40C Tigershark

Building HK 60cc T-6 Texan, VQ P-82 Twin Mustang

Comment

• Mine will be here 5/17LOL:f4phantom

Comment

• Well rub that burn with some salt will ya? LOL just had to rib ya alittle :);)

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	132912Click image for larger version

Views:	685
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	132911 Maiden today on my F-4. Used the factory settings for control throws and CG, along with the specified elevator/flap mix. Flies great! Simply amazing. Thanks MRC!
            That looks absolutely amazing bro! Excellent paint and finish job!:Cool:

Comment

• Just received some pics of then 1st Lt Joe Latham's plane from the time period of his kill. He says that in 1966, they had not started putting any markings on the aircraft, yet, just the camo scheme, which weathered and chipped very fast. The planes rarely looked the same from day to day, because they weathered so fast. So any scheme/pic from 'Nam is just a "snapshot in time." According to his pictures, the scheme as it comes out of the box is pretty much correct for early in the conflict.

Name:	IMG950760.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	132937Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952824.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	132938Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG957945.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	132939
              He commented about the white 370gal tanks, saying they must have been out of painted ones that day.
              He also said he still has his helmet that he wore that day, and that the backseater shown in this pic, Jack Veth, (not the one during the shootdown,) later became an SR-71 pilot. During the early years, both people, front and back seat, were rated pilots. It was not unusual for them to switch seats on different sorties.

So, I think I'm going to do the "tribute" Holloman scheme. That aircraft is in Col, Latham's flight log. He said he didn't start writing down the aircraft numbers on his flights until about his second year of flying.
              Don

Currently flying FW F-4C Phantom II 8s PNP, GP Waco YMF5, GP P-6E Hawk V1, H9 Spitfire MkIX 30cc, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite 1.2M Spitfire MkIX, EFlite 1.2M F4U Corsair, EFlite 1.2M T-28, EFlite 1.2M P-47D Thunderbolt v1.

Comment

• EA,

Bravo Zulu ! Looks fantastic ! I'm a hold out for batch 3 where I hope to get an Arf+. Like a squirrel collecting acorns, I'm gathering all the things I'll need . Already have graphics from Callie ( Sundowners VF-111), I have a 1620KV 12B in-runner and 130 amp esc.
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                  EA,

Bravo Zulu ! Looks fantastic ! I'm a hold out for batch 3 where I hope to get an Arf+. Like a squirrel collecting acorns, I'm gathering all the things I'll need . Already have graphics from Callie ( Sundowners VF-111), I have a 1620KV 12B in-runner and 130 amp esc.
                  Going for 8s?

Comment

• My 8S should be here tomorrow, can't wait to get started on the build.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Going for 8s?
                      I'm hopeful it will run on both 6S or possibly even 8S . It's a RC lander motor and the specs say it will run on 6S. Bought it second hand( cheap), though never used. A guy had two of these and was going to retrofit his A-10 to 90mm then decided against. 12B ChangeSun fan. Here are the motor specs:
                      • Max RPM: 37,000 rpm
                      • Application: 2,250 watts (Max)
                      • Application: 2,100 watts (Continous)
                      • Kv Rating: 1620
                      • Battery: 6s 22.2V
                      • Thrust: Up to 3.1kg/ 6.83 lb.
                      • Start: Soft
                      • Timing: High
                      • Amp Rating: 100 amp esc or higher
                      Seems to produce enough watts and the static thrust looks pretty good.

Looking into 6S 8000 lipos from RCjuice and from HRB. Over on RCG, Eddie P is getting 5.5 min on his rcjuice 8K's Expensive lipos. They even advertise 100C which I think is a bit of a stretch. Would melt the wires !

Not sure how much room there is inside the cabin because I don't own one yet.. Could you run (2) Admiral 6S 4000 mah in parallel for 8000 mah ?
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• EA, your livery repaint and finish looks FANTASTIC! Great job man!

Sky Wolf, he was referring to my video "My Soul Is In The Sky: For The Love of Flight" you can watch it here:

The classic highs and lows of the hobby we love.

My Phantom arrives Tuesday! AND the extended forecast shows 70s and Sunny... WOOT!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	giphy.gif Views:	1 Size:	454.9 KB ID:	132994
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Great day today! My F-4 is on UPS truck for delivery, and I got to see the Memphis Belle unveiled at WP Air Force museum. It took 13 years to restore her. Haven't seen her since I was stationed in Millington, TN in 1995.

Comment

• That's awesome apmech1! Love me a B-17 AND Phantom! ;)
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

I'm hopeful it will run on both 6S or possibly even 8S . It's a RC lander motor and the specs say it will run on 6S. Bought it second hand( cheap), though never used. A guy had two of these and was going to retrofit his A-10 to 90mm then decided against. 12B ChangeSun fan. Here are the motor specs:
                              • Max RPM: 37,000 rpm
                              • Application: 2,250 watts (Max)
                              • Application: 2,100 watts (Continous)
                              • Kv Rating: 1620
                              • Battery: 6s 22.2V
                              • Thrust: Up to 3.1kg/ 6.83 lb.
                              • Start: Soft
                              • Timing: High
                              • Amp Rating: 100 amp esc or higher
                              Seems to produce enough watts and the static thrust looks pretty good.

Looking into 6S 8000 lipos from RCjuice and from HRB. Over on RCG, Eddie P is getting 5.5 min on his rcjuice 8K's Expensive lipos. They even advertise 100C which I think is a bit of a stretch. Would melt the wires !

Not sure how much room there is inside the cabin because I don't own one yet.. Could you run (2) Admiral 6S 4000 mah in parallel for 8000 mah ?
                              Should be fun any way you slice it

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the kind words about the Phantom. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with, and a good summer flying season. Click image for larger version

Views:	487
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	133019

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                  Thanks everyone for the kind words about the Phantom. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with, and a good summer flying season. Click image for larger version

Views:	487
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	133019
                                  Looks great! OooRah! Mine arrives tomorrow. Going to do mine in a VMFA-531 scheme.

Comment

• That will be cool. Always liked that skull with the lightning bolt jumping from the eye!

Comment

• Ok, my 8s version arrived today. I'm presently looking through it, checking everything over. So far, everything looks great, however... When I removed the canopy, the only thing loose is the UBEC. Ok, that would be correct. Opened, the motor/fan access hatch to check the ESC, as many in the 1st bunch found theirs flopping around. Nope, mine nice and solid. However, when I checked the fan, which is screwed to the mounting plates, the plates are not glued to the airframe. No signs of any glue being applied. Admittedly, this is my first large foam EDF. It is also the first one I have found like this. However, I can't believe this is correct. Nothing in the instructions. Ideas??
                                      Don

Comment

• My A-4 had loose motor mounts too... QC.

Comment

• Todd, super nice tribute to the hobby! And that is one of my favorite dramatic albums too by Hans Zimmer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X