X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tp777fo View Post
    Flew these beasts in the 62nd TFS, 56 TFW, MacDill AFB, FL. 1980.
    Welcome fellow F-4 era vet. 69-73 MMS, 35th MMS, 35TFW, George AFB.
    Don

Currently flying FW F-4C Phantom II 8s PNP, GP Waco YMF5, GP P-6E Hawk V1, H9 Spitfire MkIX 30cc, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite 1.2M Spitfire MkIX, EFlite 1.2M F4U Corsair, EFlite 1.2M T-28, EFlite 1.2M P-47D Thunderbolt v1.

On repair bench: ASM F7F Tigercat, GP Ryan STA-M, BH P-40C Tigershark

Building HK 60cc T-6 Texan, VQ P-82 Twin Mustang

Comment

• What is the status of the 8-S?

Comment

• You'll be right mate. Good luck!

Comment

• Aros. Welcome to the party, I'm sure your as stoked as I am. Great pics. Mine is undergoing airbrushing right now with a navy paint job wouldn't have it any other way then VF-111 Sundowners from Callie to finish it off pics soon

Comment

• Goose,

Bravo Zulu ! I'll be doing the same livery scheme. Met some of the second gen VFC-111 guys a few years back at an air show here.. Based at NAS Key West these guys were flying the F5 ( looked identical to the FW F-5) in an adversary training role.

I wish MRC had offered a J version from the get-go but... that would have been too easy ! LOL

I'm going Arf+ hopefully for the June batch. Been collecting bits and pieces along the way. 12B ChangeSun w/ RCLander 1620kv inrunner , 130 amp esc, RCJetDude's / Helmsman52 drag chute mod, Callie's VF-111 Sundowners package with some black vinyl strips for the walkway above the intakes. 3D printed cockpit and whistles, Might have to go with the printed J-39 exhaust nozzles. Gloss Gull Gray paint. Insignia red on the tip and top of v-stab. Might go with RC Geek'sLED AB cluster but am waiting on Gooniac to announce his new alternative. Might try a 8000 mah per Eddie over on RCG. He's getting 5 min.

Dang, I clamored for the F4 for so long and then they came out with the B-24. Had to have for sentimental reasons. Blew my budget on that one. Back on the F4J trail.
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Thanks goosekiller1!

I want to put my RunCam 2 onboard the Phantom for the maiden...Looking for information from those who have been putting the same (or similar) cam on board. I like the outboard wing location but I don't know if it will have any real adverse affect...Probably not the smartest thing to do on a maiden to mess with a potential lateral stability issue. I will probably end up on the canopy looking aft or underneath looking forward. Thoughts?
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Here's my suggestion for your camera mounting issue Aros! Get the 3D printer guys on it. I want one too. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	134122

Comment

• Fuel tank camera pod?

Comment

• I hate sticking the camera on the plane with velcro, ruining the paint etc.
                    So I had this idea and a buddy of mine designed a box that a Mobius camera fits in, and the box fits onto any "female" weapons station. Here it is on my Scooter last Sunday.
                    I wouldn't say this is "ready for prime time" but I think it works pretty well. I did get a cool video. I want to test it some more before I release it into the wild...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180520_174715cr.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.3 KB ID:	134129

Click image for larger version  Name:	2PartBoxTopBiggerSmallerHole1mmShorter.png Views:	1 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	134130
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• That's really cool!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Gimme a minute and I'll post the video on the official A4 Skyhawk thread, if you're interested!
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• That's one of the best ideas I seen for camera mounts in a long time!

Comment

• Great Idea!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Maiden success! :Cool:

I knew the instant she left her feet this was a jewel. I didn't need a lick of trim and she was as well behaved as I could have ever expected. It's astonishing to me to have a foam Phantom at this size fly so fantastically. My pattern was off because the sun was in a terrible location relative to where I fly. I was hoping the sun would have been lower behind the trees and hills at that time of day but it was blasting me in the face. So my buddy recommended for me to stand right in front of a sign that was adjacent to the parking lot which if I stood in this precise spot, it would block out the sun but I had to stay put and not move. At all.

It made the pattern a little wonky for me but it ultimately worked out. I used Roaring Tops 6S 5500 70C LiPos. Great battery and I felt she had plenty of power for 6S and the 9 blade sounds admittedly better than I thought it would in person. Very well balanced fan. I didn't use flaps on the maiden but landing was a breeze. She eats up real estate on the rollout...Would love some brakes on pavement but nothing too bad. The second flight I landed closer to my location with full flaps for a perfect greaser. I did add a few more percentages of up elevator in the flap mix. The nose was still dipping a bit with the manual recommendations...So like 8% up from manual to 12% which was perfect.

Safe to say I will be flying the snot out of this girl this holiday weekend! Whoo hoo! I've officially joined the club! :)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Congrats on Your Maiden, Aros….. Mine has "Gone to the Dark Side'.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
                                  Congrats on Your Maiden, Aros….. Mine has "Gone to the Dark Side'.....
                                  Looking good Jim! Gonna look slick with the graphics on her. Keep that baby in the shade.

Comment

• Great video Aros, congrats! Boy those poles make me very nervous but I guess you're used to it.... I've finished painting my "Sundowner" and hope to join the club soon. I just have to put on Callie's decals.

Dixpkg2000 your "blackbird" looks totally cool - real badass! ... but I think you'll have to avoid flying it in the sun. :Sweating:

Comment

'Mine has "Gone to the Dark Side'.....
                                      Dixpkg2000, Black is the new SEA Camo. Presume this is will become the Bunny F-4 II. Looks great and very little masking required. LOLBest, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanx Steve......I forgot how hard it was to get "Black" Right.....It turned out pretty Good ! I just wish I would have had those 3D parts, BEFORE I did the cockpit though. I'm just going to do a "Scale" one when they get here. "Chute Mod' works Great ! Still got a ways to go yet......Stay Tuned !

Comment

Thanx Steve......I forgot how hard it was to get "Black" Right.....It turned out pretty Good ! I just wish I would have had those 3D parts, BEFORE I did the cockpit though. I'm just going to do a "Scale" one when they get here. "Chute Mod' works Great ! Still got a ways to go yet......Stay Tuned !
                                          Good to hear the chute mod is working for you. I am eager to see some others succeed with it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X