X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F4Joe View Post
    Just received my F-4 today and looking forward to getting this beauty in the air!!! I know it might be a pipe dream but any chance of an "E" model in the future? I am an F-4 Phanatic and the F-4 has been my passion for many years! I was a sheet metal mechanic in the Air Force and have painted many F-4's and even own the cockpit section of a F-4E. If anyone needs any reference material I have a large collection and can help in any way. Thanks Joe Steimann
    F4J, Welcome to the Squawk. May I ask where you wrenched? Any chance McC AFB? Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• F4Joe
      F4Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      I was a member of the 131st FW from 1999-2009 until when we got BRAC'ed and then went to the 932nd at SCOTT AFB

Just received my F-4 today and looking forward to getting this beauty in the air!!! I know it might be a pipe dream but any chance of an "E" model in the future? I am an F-4 Phanatic and the F-4 has been my passion for many years! I was a sheet metal mechanic in the Air Force and have painted many F-4's and even own the cockpit section of a F-4E. If anyone needs any reference material I have a large collection and can help in any way.

Thanks Joe Steimann
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk! You'll love the F-4 and that cockpit is awesome...we need that here at Tirediron Aviation!
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Just received my F-4 today and looking forward to getting this beauty in the air!!! I know it might be a pipe dream but any chance of an "E" model in the future? I am an F-4 Phanatic and the F-4 has been my passion for many years! I was a sheet metal mechanic in the Air Force and have painted many F-4's and even own the cockpit section of a F-4E. If anyone needs any reference material I have a large collection and can help in any way.

Thanks Joe Steimann
      Welcome to the Squawk and thanks for your service!!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk! You'll love the F-4 and that cockpit is awesome...we need that here at Tirediron Aviation!
        LMFAO........When F4Joe posted that pic I said to myself....."I'd bet George would luv to have that".
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

LMFAO........When F4Joe posted that pic I said to myself....."I'd bet George would luv to have that".
          You know it!
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Welcome to Hobbysquawk Joe! I wrenched on diesels in the Navy while in Italy, thanks for your service.
            You’ll love this F-4 and If you ever decide to do the drag chute modification just drop me a line for the drag chute .
            Btw that cockpit is awesome! This is the second one I’ve seen pictured. The other was from OZ.

Paul

Click image for larger version

Name:	2322C10B-DFEE-44CB-8E5D-ECCE63ADFF7B.jpeg
Views:	749
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	160401Click image for larger version

Name:	C03CBBCC-8122-4CA9-B1C3-AB69A1BCA183.jpeg
Views:	618
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	160402

Comment

• F4Joe
              F4Joe commented
              Editing a comment
              I would do something crazy with that set-up!!! Turn it around and make it to where you drive from the cockpit!!!

• Look the F22 is cool. Just doesn't have the wow factor for me aesthetics wise. ........ BUT.... I am really happy for everyone who got what they wanted as I know there were several..... It still may find its way into my stable!

So .... is it completely Nuts to have 2 F4's? I have an 8S..... but I have 2 unused Callie sets Marines and a Navy..... I may need another! and it's on sale ......

But so is the F-14....

Man I need a sedative ! :-)
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
              Look the F22 is cool. Just doesn't have the wow factor for me aesthetics wise. ........ BUT.... I am really happy for everyone who got what they wanted as I know there were several..... It still may find its way into my stable!

So .... is it completely Nuts to have 2 F4's? I have an 8S..... but I have 2 unused Callie sets Marines and a Navy..... I may need another! and it's on sale ......

But so is the F-14....

Man I need a sedative ! :-)
              Right there with you on the F22 but I do see another F-4 with Blue Angel markings with a blue and gold drag chute on the horizon

Comment

• Speaking of the F-14.... Just wanted to say..... There really are a SH*T load vids on You tube of the tomcat! ... Like lots and lots...... The ME 262 V2 is also Awesome...
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I love my F-14, got it when it went on sale 2 years ago. She had been sitting for a while, but got her back in the air last weekend to get ready for my club's upcoming Jet Rally. Eventually I'm going to put her in the paint booth and do a legacy VF-1 Wolfpack scheme.
                  Pat

Comment

Thanks Joe Steimann
                    Love the nose section!

Comment

Thanks Joe Steimann
                      Thank you for your service and sacrifice, Joe!

Feel free to post your F-4E references here, or send me a link in PM. I still need to finish that project with RCGeek to create a 3DPUP modification set for the F-4E. It would be an extensive modification kit for customers to bolt onto their existing F-4, since it's not in the cards to cut a new mold for the fuselage here at the factory (the cost of a midsize car).

I've never read someone so casually say "I even own the cockpit section of a F-4E". I have no doubt you'll fit well with the group of lads we have here on Squawk! Some of us would probably pay you to sleep in that cockpit for a weekend.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• F4 Phantom review

This plane is fantastic just opening the box seeing the parts it looks like it will go Mach 2 for sure.

-THE BUILD-
                        This was in a great foam core box (if Dynam did this they would have fewer issues) in two foam cores. No damage was found on mine and it was in tip-top shape. The fuse is 2 pieces and is glued together with carbon rods for support. The elevator is a full moving stab. It uses a wheel collar to hold it on. It uses a single 30-gram servo and mine was very smooth. The only issue is when you put on the aft cover you have to glue on the tail hook. Doing this makes it a challenge to take off for servo access. 2 screws hold the two wing halves on. I really like the multi ribbon cable and CBM makes it so easy to take on/off wings.
                        I used 2 4000 6's 60c admiral batteries and 2 5000 6s 50c. I found for me that I did not have to change the CG for either batteries used.

For my dual rate setup I used the following:
                        1: low rates 50%
                        2: medium 72%
                        3 High 100%

This is for all surfaces and I used 1 switch for each surface on my DX9
                        expo for all I used 50% but use what you like.

Flaps are setup as follows:
                        Takeoff flaps 50% elevator mix 10% up
                        Landing flaps are 100% elevator 14 % up

-The flight-
                        So I used 4000 6s Pro Admiral lipos in it and the 5000 6s and both fly it very well. This plane looking down the runway is one mean jet for sure. It has that pucker factor that I would not want to see him bound to attack me. So it came off the ground nearly perfect 4 clicks left and 2 clicks down was needed. Rolls are fast and while inverted some up pressure is needed. It is one cool looking jet for sure. The missiles set this jet apart from any F4 out there. Landings were very nice with full flaps and touched down without a bounce. I wish it had the parachute but that would be a thing that could go wrong??

-Overview-
                        If you like the F4 and was wondering about it do not worry anymore this is tip top performance. This would be an intermediate to expert jet level. Do not look any farther Freewing is the best!!

Comment

• Was wondering if anyone has used a radar gun on the f4 6s??

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Thank you for your service and sacrifice, Joe! a F-4E". I have no doubt you'll fit well with the group of lads we have here on Squawk! Some of us would probably pay you to sleep in that cockpit for a weekend.
                            Alpha and Joe, Sounds like most WSO's I have had the pleasure of knowing. LOL Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Whiskey Safety Officers???? :Confused::Confused::Thinking::Drinks::Drinks::Dri nks::Sleeping2:

Comment

• That would be 'Affirm', Sir.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• ;) Having a touch of Makers at the moment.... Please stand by....

Comment

• ​​​​Nobody has a recorded top speed on 6s? Just curious it looks to be doing 100/110

Comment

• some air to air from this weekend! My FMS 70mm F/A-18 chasing a modded 90mm F-4

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                      X