Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided to try the external tanks from my FW Mig-21 on the F4 to help with orientation and it really helped! They are not a direct fit but the magnets line up quite well and feel pretty secure. I did quite a few WOT passes with hard pull-ups so I'm pretty sure they are solid enough. Plus, if one does come off the excess drag on the other side shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as the stock tanks as these are about 1/2 the diameter and much more streamlined.

We had the Sheriffs office at the field as well and they were more than happy to clock some of our planes! They clocked a straight and level pass at 111mph and my on-board GPS logged a 118mph max. That was with 2 RC Jetwerx 60C 5300's. It's much faster than it appears! I guess that comes with size cause I can see and feel my BAE Hawk 70mm when it's 100+ but the Phantom just looks slower than it's actually going IMO. Still a blast though! The pic is small but it's all that I have at the moment that shows the tanks.

Comment

• When are the gray F-4's going to be here?:Angry:

Comment

• NEVER get tired of seeing this one fly. Michael Troy's F-4 rotating on departure ...

Comment

• Hard to digest the looks of the F-4 with the Mig tanks. Kind of looks like a beautiful full figured woman with shoes that are way to small. Been flying mine with the tanks that come with kit and I think it flys better with them on.Today flew six flights all with the tanks on. From now on I will mostly fly it with the tanks. It looks like a A*# Kicker with them on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
            NEVER get tired of seeing this one fly. Michael Troy's F-4 rotating on departure ...

Never get tired of seeing your photos brother!!

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
              Wanted to share my progress thus far on replacement F4 8S .....
              Is it appropriate to quote myself? LOL ... just wanted to add some updated Photos on my progress! Almost ready for Livery!
              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
                When are the gray F-4's going to be here?:Angry:
                Was it late September when they announced coming soon?

Comment

Is it appropriate to quote myself? LOL ... just wanted to add some updated Photos on my progress! Almost ready for Livery!
                  Looks great gunner!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post

Was it late September when they announced coming soon?
                    We're making some decisions in the background and I'll post an update within the next day or two. Stay close.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

It is turning out great Jason. Going to be one awesome Phantom. I am considering getting a second one and doing an 'E' model.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Never get tired of seeing your photos brother!!
                        Thanks Todd! And I never get tired of shooting MRC planes! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

It is turning out great Jason. Going to be one awesome Phantom. I am considering getting a second one and doing an 'E' model.
                          Thanks Steve! You know, you can never have too many F4's!!!
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

E4DG, Looking good. Cannot wait to start mine. "Yes, it is appropriate to quote [yourself]". LOL Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Is it appropriate to quote myself?
                              Quoting oneself = Intelligent conversation :Cool:

TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Or the onset of insanity! :)
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  Or the onset of insanity! :)
                                  ...it's only a fine line we walk :)
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• gentlemen...if you love F-4's....(caution language)
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                      gentlemen...if you love F-4's...
                                      SV, Thanks for posting this. I love this vid and have played it ad-nauseum. I even quote it from time to time. "Sterilize you mother-in-law", "Get yourself a free 'wizzo'", "Enjoy air-superiority in your own backyard."LOL BTW, Indiana ANG got our F-4's in '89. Sad day. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Where do we get FREE Wizzo's???? I need two or more of those guys,,,,,,,,, :-) GET SUM!!!!!!!!!! I got your bogie, 900knts, at 165.... :)

Comment

• Alert Standby... Consider this post an unofficial "heads up" to Squawk members that we're probably within a week or so of the gray F-4s arriving to the Illinois warehouse. If that changes, we'll post here. Whenever they do arrive on the website, we'll also post here. We've got lots of people on the Notification Email list so stay close to it!
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X