X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

LOL. I must have been showing off! I do like these fast little planes, they can be a lot of fun.
    previous posts show one with gear and rudder...

i wouldn't do either, but then again, i probably wouldn't add this one to the hangar either...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post
      Doesn't need one. Saw one fly Sunday and the last thing that bird needs is more control surface...
      Thanks! I shall not bother then, one less thing to worry about!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1nformatica View Post

Thanks for the advice, I'll pass on that mod then! I will be using the landing gear as I see you do. Did you block off the "cheeter" holes? My thinking is they may try and suck the plane down to the runway?
        Cheater holes are blocked off.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

previous posts show one with gear and rudder...

i wouldn't do either, but then again, i probably wouldn't add this one to the hangar either...
          It's better than you think. And easy to hand launch once you use a little up elevator on launch. It's a fun plane to fly! Gear or no gear.

Comment

• Been loving flying this little ripper the last few months. I recently changed the fan to a twelve blade and it went very quick. Though on the second flight I lost orientation briefly and she went in hard. The damage looked quite bad with a broken wing, fan case, spar, and the internal ducting was messed up, so I promptly ordered a replacement.
            after a bit of gluing I managed to repair the original one, but as the ducting was messed up I put a small quad motor on the back to see if she would fly again.
            In the meantime the new one arrived, so I took two to the field at the weekend.
            Weather was a bit windy so only managed one flight on each. The prop powered one was a little tail heavy, but will fly again next time with the battery further forward, and the new one flew as expected.
            I have got a new twelve blade fan to fit at some point as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

• All you did was put a twelve blade fan in it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                All you did was put a twelve blade fan in it?
                Sorry no ,I bought the full unit,fan,housing and motor.This one
                • EDF4300KV 3S
                : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...11d61802eNE3rz

Comment

• Also upped the esc.

Comment

• I went to give my Lippisch P.15 her maiden flight but had trouble balancing her. My setup is a Lemon RX with an Admiral 1600 MAH 3S battery. Question is, when balancing her, do you do it when upside down or right side up. I was doing it right side up and it was always nose heavy. Someone suggested the correct way to balance was to turn her upside down like balancing a low wing airplane. Any thoughts on this?

Comment

• Either way is accurate. when you balance any object on two points, the object's center of mass (CG) will occur somewhere on a vertical plane passing through these two points. (But as you have noted, it may be difficult/impossible to get it to balance one way up - where the CG is above a line connecting the two balance points.)

Comment

• Seabee87 Upside down at the intersecting panel lines is where I balance mine. And then I also programmed a few degrees of up elevator to my usual takeoff flap switch. It helps a lot with rotation or hand launch with the Lippisch. Total deflection is the width of the trailing edge of the control surface.

Comment

• Seabee87 Also, I use a 2200 with it wedged up at an angle in order to CG correctly. And dial down the throws and add some expo. It's a fun little plane once you trim it out. Also be aware of the low passes and it's tendency to dive when full throttle is applied. For example a go around, without the takeoff elevator deflection. This plane floats forever and it's easy to miss the landing mark. I had read about it but didn't believe how significant the nose dip is when punching the throttle. Aside from the minor quirks the plane is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                            Seabee87I had read about it but didn't believe how significant the nose dip is when punching the throttle.
                            Now that you mention this, it all comes back to me now. Thrust angle of the exhaust tube right through to the nozzle opening was directing the air DOWN. A few owners, myself included, reamed out a bunch of foam at the top of the exhaust opening to direct more of the exhaust upward, thus helping to push the tail down. I also added a clear piece of overhead projector film to the bottom half of the exhaust opening to prevent air from going down. It looked a bit like an upside down baseball cap beak. This virtually eliminated the dive upon sudden full throttle application.

Comment

• A couple of flights today with the pusher prop P15 with a Cobra CP2210/2200 AND 5X4 prop.First flight was a little tail heavy and twitchy.Second flight got it dialled in a little better with CG further forwards and expo up to 50% .I`m kinda likin the pusher version.

First flight with Cobra motor taken off my Z84.A bit tail heavy ,but flew OK ish.

CG Was a bit better this flight,gets small v quickly.Fun plane though.

Comment

• Not sure if those links are working:

Comment

• and

Comment

• The old prop driven P15 got a new paint job at the weekend. Both flying great
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Not my best flying as I was still trying to calm her down,but heres a little video from the P15 pusher with DJI pan setup on board.

This thing flies great !

Smashed my first P15,and immediately bought another.The fan was smashes and the wings and spar broke,glued it all up stuck a Cobra motor on the back and gave...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Bonjour .
                                        testé ce matin 2 vol ca pousse fort EDF en 64mm .deco a l'aérographe
                                        j'ai rajoute la commande de dérive. pas encore testé ce week end ; )
                                        .3s amiral 1800mah récepteur spektrum AR 631 avec Gyro intégré

Comment

• Trying to keep up with a very fast Funjet with my P15 pusher.Also had the stock fan P15 out flying LOS:

Comment

Working...
                                          X