Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reprinted the centerline tank with just one outer layer (Vase Mode) in Simplify 3D and now it is just 2.8 ozs. Yes it is not as rigid as my original print but it still seems plenty stiff enough for the application. I reinforced the flat mounting surface by gluing some 1/8" lite ply inside it and will probably install two of the mounting rails to hold it on. Adding some primer to it now. Getting a 3D printer has been one of the best investments I could have made. It has opened up a whole new world of detail potential. I need to work on my designing skills.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180421_204956.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	129635

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      I reprinted the centerline tank with just one outer layer (Vase Mode) in Simplify 3D and now it is just 2.8 ozs. Yes it is not as rigid as my original print but it still seems plenty stiff enough for the application. I reinforced the flat mounting surface by gluing some 1/8" lite ply inside it and will probably install two of the mounting rails to hold it on. Adding some primer to it now. Getting a 3D printer has been one of the best investments I could have made. It has opened up a whole new world of detail potential. I need to work on my designing skills.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180421_204956.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	129635
      I only love you for your printer :Silly:
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• LOL
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
          I have completed some ordnance / external storea and uploaded them to thingiverse.

SU23 . STL files are constrained for a print bed of 200mmX200mmX180mm added Pylon

600 GALLON centerline fuel tank and pylon---- Updated to better scale and pylon mount Added Hollow version

A big thanks to rcjetdude for the help with the 600 gal centerline tank.
          Those look AH’MAZING man! Can’t wait for my printer to get here and get started! Any chance of a centerline tank for the Freewing F-16 too? I think it’s about 1/10 scale.

Comment

• Sure, let me dig up some dimensions and see wat I can come up with.

Comment

Sure, let me dig up some dimensions and see wat I can come up with.
              I know a lot of people have been looking to add the centerline for the scale appearance. Willing to test fly it on mine and see if it interferes with the cheaters. Just ordered the 1680 HET motor for it. Eventually hoping to convert the 90 to the IAF SUFA with the 2 seat canopy, top conformal tanks and avionics spine.

Here is some reference links I found.
              https://www.super-hobby.com/products...#gallery_start

http://www.greenairdesigns.com/ejcga..._display_media

http://www.hyperscale.com/2007/revie...reviewme_1.htm

http://scaleindetail.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=264

Attached Files

Comment

• I think I've got the basic shape down, now I just need to know the full scale length of the tank.

Comment

• It's past "late April" whats the status on the MotionRC printed sets ? I've got some other things locked up on an order with the cockpit set

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU

Took some math, this should be the length
                    That's like 49 feet?

Comment

That's like 49 feet?
                      Whoops! Wrong screen shot! Aircraft is 14.8 meters, and the tank is 4.5 meters

Comment

• Cool, thx

Comment

• I have the F-16 Centerline tank done.

Comment

• When you get a chance can you check out the fin section of the MK-82's you did? When I see it in my print preview the fins are missing so I am not sure about trying to print it.

Comment

When you get a chance can you check out the fin section of the MK-82's you did? When I see it in my print preview the fins are missing so I am not sure about trying to print it.
                              I had that happen to me too - it's the resolution. Choose the finest resolution first and then the slicer will see it and the fins will appear like magic when you generate the preview. Gotta love these 3D printers.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Can't seem to get it to work...hmmm.

Comment

• I printed them spiral at .06mm resolution. If that doesn't work let me know and I will redesign the aft section with thicker fins.

Comment

• I am having trouble finding a "resolution" setting in Simplify 3D... might be called something else. I wouldn't mind thicker fins myself. Technically they maybe should be thicker since they are really two fins coming together anyway?

Comment

• Mk82 with 1mm thick fins
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I am having trouble finding a "resolution" setting in Simplify 3D... might be called something else. I wouldn't mind thicker fins myself. Technically they maybe should be thicker since they are really two fins coming together anyway?
                                        Check if Simplify3D has some feature similar to "detect thin wall sections". If your nozzle is 0.4mm sometimes the program might not print sections less than 0.8mm as the printer is expecting to draw a full perimeter instead of a single pass.

Comment

• Here's a hanger I designed to use with my sparrow prints since I didn't incorporate the MotionRC Hanger cleats, simple, but seems effective, the hole is designed to accept a common hex drive collared servo screw, but many could be used. This also lets you spread the anchor points out as far as you'd like, and use as many as necessary for larger prints
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X