Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After further inspection, two Admiral 4S 5000 Pro's will fit with a minor modification to the battery strap position. Just not sure yet about how it will balance. I don't know if the plane tends to be nose or tail heavy. Tomorrow I plan to fly the retirement flight on my Stinger 90 so I can start swapping everything over.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171231_174331.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	111160

Comment

• It tends to be nose heavy with 8s 5000 on board. Did you remove the weight from the nose cone? If not, do.
      I still have the light and gear sequencer in place on mine and the front of my packs are a little behind them. The rear of them are under the turtle deck. I also have my CC BEC Pro mounted in the intake just ahead of the ESC on the starboard side..

Oh, and Happy New Year since I'll most likely be asleep when it rolls around. ;)
      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Bill, thank you so much for the information. Weight has been removed. Happy New Year to you as well.

Comment

• Yes....great information. Thank you Bill, and OV10. I'm thinking to go with the esc from the 8s Yak, and the freewing 1250Kv. Mainly because I was really impressed with the sound, and speed on the motion video. The sound on take off, and landing had a "howl" to it.....Love that sound !

Comment

• Don't mean to hijack the 8s chat, but I am curious about any particular thoughts on the high performance PNP version vs stock? I've got gift cards burning a hole and with the regular version out, I've been looking into the high performance version and benefits with that for the $50 upcharge. Anyone who's flown both?

Comment

• I had both, sold the stock version and went with the high performance version, maybe a little less flight time, I had my timer set for 3 minutes on the stock version and I have my timer set for 2:45 on this HP version. So was it worth the $50, oh yes, pay the extra $50 and get the HP version. Take off is where I noticed it right away, shorter take off distance and I can climb out at a good AOA, top speed isn't that much more but it just flies better, I don't see no need to go 8S on this one, unless you have a stock one, I can see why people upgrade it, it is a little slow, but if your a rookie pilot then the stock one is fine, I use Gensace 5000 60c and 45c, having to use only one battery is nice too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1121[2].JPG Views:	1 Size:	251.7 KB ID:	111237

Comment

• I just ordered the 150a HV esc from Motion. I had a hard time finding it. They should list it in the upgrade page. Instead, I found it in the spare part listing for the 8s Yak 130. The 4075 1250Kv fan combo is currently out of stock, but found a new one on ebay for 15.00 more out of Hong Kong. So now I have everything to run this aircraft on 8s. Can't wait to get my feet wet with this baby !

Comment

• JP 90 8S fan going in mine. I had to pull out the shoe horn for this one but it's in there.

Name:	20180101_214456.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	111265

Name:	20180101_214447.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	111266

Comment

• Nice ! is that what you were running in your stinger 90 ?

Comment

• Yes. I flew one last decommissioning flight on it today at the club's annual New Year's Day fun-fly. Froze my keester off but had a good time. As soon as I got home I started removing the electronics. It has performed flawlessly in the Stinger and should do well in the F-15

Comment

• For anyone who is using the speed brake, is there some special trick to get it to work? It operates fine from a servo tester but not from my receiver. I have tried it both on its own channel and tied in with the flaps. Everything else functions normally.

Comment

• It is set up to deploy only at full flaps. I had an issue with it not deploying as well, but as soon as I turned up the travel on full flaps, it worked. I then went back and mechanically adjusted the flap travel at full flaps as I was straining the servos to get the speed brake to function.
                          Pat

Comment

• Interesting, I isolated it on a separate channel and put it on a two position switch and I then ran my travels all the way up and could not get it to work off the receiver. It should act no differently than a retract though correct? I am going to try another receiver and see what happens.

Comment

• If you did full travel on a 2 position switch and it didn't work, something is not right. Either the RX or maybe the actuator.

Comment

• I talked with Michael Lovero and I think I am misusing the AUX2 on the Admiral 6 Ch Stabilization receiver. I am going to change to a different receiver tonight and see what happens. I was trying to keep things simple and I think I am guilty of trying to use the receiver outside of it's design intent. :Silly:

Comment

• Yep, you need a minimum of 7 channels so you can put the brake on it's own channel. You should be able to test the operation by plugging it into your retract channel though.
                                  Are you running a Spekky for TX? If so I can send you the spm file from my DX-18.

Comment

• Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow, But will be waiting for the power system coming from Hong Kong. Hope I'm ready for this thing. My only experience with 90mm is my stinger 90, but its a great flyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                      Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow, But will be waiting for the power system coming from Hong Kong. Hope I'm ready for this thing. My only experience with 90mm is my stinger 90, but its a great flyer.
                                      You'll probably be fine. I changed to a different true 7 channel receiver and it all works now. Set my throws & gyro, balances perfectly with two Admiral 4S 5000's. Just gotta finish card stocking the pilots chair and it will be ready to maiden when it warms up. The rats nest that was.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180103_170953.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.6 KB ID:	111624

now looks like this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180104_180842.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.3 KB ID:	111625

Comment

• Nice Job cleaning up the rat's nest...looks clean now. I see your satellite and gyro, but where did you hide your receiver ?

Comment

• It is mounted vertically on the back side of the ledge. The wires to the gyro kinda cover it. I finished card-stocking the cockpit and pilots chair so she is all done and ready for the weather to warm up. Now I have two new jets to maiden.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180104_223514.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	111666

That's ok. This cold weather will give me time to pet them and love on 'em a bit. LOL Bill, thanks again for the tip about the weight in the nose cone. It balances perfectly as is with the weight removed and two Admiral 4S 5000 Pro's. It would have been big time nose heavy and I hate adding dead weight to planes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X