Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RanGee View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I give you the Lightburner for the Avios Mig-17.
    The afterburner is a direct replacement to the motor cone and does not require any cutting or gluing, it snaps right into place.
    The power source comes directly from your 6S battery balance plug and the signal comes from the throttle channel using a Y harness.
    Remember, you saw it here first.

I am accepting orders, send me a privet message or look up @TheLightburner on Facebook
    RanGee I will be pinging you on FB, going to go stock with my mig 17 appreciate you having The Lightburner available right when new jets are released, fits my build schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnVH View Post

Mine wasnt, Im very happy with the condition of mine, its perfectly on par with everyone elses edfs IMO.
      mine came in perfect condition too and rivals anything freewing has put out . good competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker_Hurricane View Post

RanGee I will be pinging you on FB, going to go stock with my mig 17 appreciate you having The Lightburner available right when new jets are released, fits my build schedule.
        Hawker_Hurricane, thanks for your continuance support!

Comment

For those of you who want some ideas for scheming your mig-17 go here
          Huge archive of air camouflage profiles. More than 30000 images. 500 new profiles every month. Irreplaceable reference for modelers and aviation fans.

Comment

Also just unboxed mine, perfect condition, cosmetically, nothing was loose, all mechanical mounts are flush to the surface. There was a minor dent on the box protecting the merchandise, but that is Fedex's fault, not HK's or HSD's doing

over at our club at Livermore FLying Electrons, Lightburner Mig-17's and many more other types of edf's are dominating the skies.

Comment

HSD? haha. On stuff like this, you dont hear from the people having zero problems much, but the issues people have are very loud.

Comment

Well, first it's your problem you are offended. Second it seems there are people in every thread that are just into bashing the plane, manufacturer or the retailer.
                It's really getting out of hand.

And you didn't have to resort to name calling so I guess it's a good thing to ignore me so you don't have to read this.

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                Seriously! I AM OFFENDED BY YOUR POST. Just as you think my post was unneeded, I think yours is even more unneeded and confrontational. "Bash fest"? Are you a HobbyKing FANBOI? If you had read my post properly you would have seen that I wanted to see if anyone else on this forum has received a product in this condition. I no longer consider you a "friendly". Time to IGNORE.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
                  HSD? haha. On stuff like this, you dont hear from the people having zero problems much, but the issues people have are very loud.
                  HK wont admit to it to protect their source but its HSD.
                  The footprint is all over this aircraft.

just powered her up sounds clean, fan is balanced. I now have the servos on a 12 hour cycle, if there are no issues, ... then ... there are no issues.

Comment

Well got mine unboxed, No defects but will need to check all hinges, servos, glue joints and wires. Not because its HK but because its a new plane. Here are some pics....

Thinking a coat of urethane is required to protect. Also note Aileron and Elevator have plastic hinges. The rudder and flap just foam hinges. also it has a XT90 ESC battery connector. OK but I use EC5.

Initial impression looks good with minor upgrades that should have been done. Lets see hiw the assembly and testing go...….

Comment

Lots more info on that "other" website but anyhow I received mine today (2 days early!). So far it is perfect, no dings or misalignment, all hinges free but glued in tight, all servos cycled fine, all horns glued in tight, ESC hold down plate in place and tight, paint and surface finish not as good as F/W but certainly acceptable, no missing parts. Haven't hooked up servos to surfaces yet or fired up the fan. EC-5 plugs will mate with XT90 but you may have to lock them together as they are relatively loose -- I cannot find a ready made EC-5 to XT90 that is the needed gender. Will replace XT90 if required. I am going with the red stars and chrome inlet ring as I saw N6953 in 2017; I think she was also gloss so have added gloss poly to fuse and upper surface anyway. Ran's A/B is on order.

Comment

Got mine!!!! It looks amazing!!!! Will look even better with the Gooniac firey booty!!! Pix to come later on...
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by killickb View Post
                          I cannot find a ready made EC-5 to XT90 that is the needed gender.

Comment

Your Mig arrived with broken gear doors? I just made these:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6501.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.4 KB ID:	208770Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6498.JPG Views:	0 Size:	161.5 KB ID:	208771Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	208772

Comment

Having a blast with this sweet flying jet!

Please follow the links in the video description :)

Comment

Just ordered the PNP version, 345.00 with coupon and free delivery. I've been waiting forever for a Mig 19, as I've always preferred the F-86 over the Mig 15. But this Mig 17 is a breath of fresh air, especially in a 90mm version. I may have to put a hold on my Jepe F-100 90mm build to throw this one together...

Comment

That’s cool. Can you post the .stl or the site where it’s located? Thanks!
                                  Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6501.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.4 KB ID:	208770Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6498.JPG Views:	0 Size:	161.5 KB ID:	208771Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	208772

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6501.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.4 KB ID:	208770Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6498.JPG Views:	0 Size:	161.5 KB ID:	208771Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	208772
                                    mine came in perfect condition, with Thelightburner setup it will be better than any other booty money can buy.
                                    Also good to know you carry spare parts via 3d printing, but i am sure the need will arise soon.

Comment

The construction of my Hobbyking Mig-17 has completed its construction and preflight feasibility stage. Officially inaugurated as aircraft#54 of the tengarang fleet under the Chinese Peoples Liberation Army Airforce detachment.

Using a China Hobbyline 6000mah 55C 6s pack indicated in the picture (not mine) below

CG can also be found at timestamp 14:33

The eagle Tree 2d/3d stabilizer, although not required for a model such as the Mig-17 was nevertheless incorporated to the setup.

The introduction of the Guardian stabilizer requires a 10 channel receiver, in this case, a 10 channel DSMX Lemon RX was selected to cover all the basic functionality incorporating the eagle tree stabilizer.

Gear -> Gear
                                      AUX1 -> Flap (set to a 3 position switch with 6ms delay)
                                      AUX2 -> MODE (Rate Mode, Safe Mode, 3D head Holding Lock Mode)
                                      AUX3 -> Gain (set to a slider switch)
                                      AUX4 -> Airbrakes (set to a slider switch with 8ms delay)
                                      AUX5 -> 3800uF 50V capacitor
                                      Throttle -> Stock BEC output measure via multimeter 5.46V
                                      Bind Port -> Castle Creations BEC output programmed to be 5.5V DC, the default is 5V

there is a 40mV offset between AUX5 and Bind Port so a 3800uF capacitor is incorporated in the overall circuit, however, this is not needed due to the very small change in potential difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mig-17 cg.jpeg
Views:	757
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	208850

Comment

You are using both the stock BEC and a Castle BEC? I thought that was a no no unless a Schottky Diode(s) is used.

Comment

Originally posted by jlk69 View Post
                                          You are using both the stock BEC and a Castle BEC? I thought that was a no no unless a Schottky Diode(s) is used.
                                          Yes i am using both at the same time.

Not a no no if the voltages are close enough, but that can be argued as well. I have been able to use a 6V SBEC with a 5.0V from the ESC and no issues as well.

In this case, I am only 40mV delta BEC potential difference, but please remember I use a 3800uF to protect the output voltage differences. The key is to use a voltage protector cap. I do want to add, not having this capacitor, in this case, won't matter (output bec doesn't have to be exact to the decimal via multimeter) since the voltage gap is very close.

motion carries one, every aircraft going this method would benefit off of using it
                                          https://www.motionrc.com/products/ho...798f2336&_ss=r

Comment

Working...
                                          X