Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, he kept on about his afterburners after being warned. The mod did what they were supposed to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawker_Hurricane

sounds like to me the moderator has a problem not tengarang but each to his own
      And without full knowledge of the circumstances involved or the complete details of the incident, you come to this conclusion based on ......................... WHAT? "It sounds like to me that ......................................... " Oh, nevermind. I don't know the whole story. I don't know you. So it's not up to me to tell anyone what "it sounds like to me".

Comment

and i know more than any of you think, which makes this whole thing a joke. Bashing someone behind his back, id like to see what Tengarang would do if he was to ever come back. Ill have my popcorn ready.
        And we should all believe you because .................................... ????? I didn't see any "bashing". Stock up on your popcorn. I am. You are very entertaining.
        Originally posted by Hawker_Hurricane

ive said enough, was hoping to get some fair and impartial impressions
        "Fair and impartial" ........................ easy for you to say. It's obvious you're on one side. I have a feeling you haven't "said enough" .................................................. ..... (wait for it, wait for it ............................... ) I can't give a fair and impartial impression either. I'm siding with the mods.

Comment

are you a woman? can it already
          BAM! and there you have it. (Didn’t have to wait long did we?)

Comment

• I hope you have said enough but since more than half of your posts are about him and rangee I really doubt it...

Defending a person shouldn't get you banned but attacking the moderator could. Of course you could also take it too far as your compatriots do. EDIT seems you took it too far... end EDIT

Why can't we just stick with the Mig?

Originally posted by Hawker_Hurricane

ive said enough, was hoping to get some fair and impartial impressions but that hope has come and gone.

ill stick to the topic now but if by defending tengarang merits a ban id be happy to be part of that list

Comment

• We don't discuss reasons for bannings publicly Hawker. I suggest you consider being mindful of how you are coming across to others in this forum.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Another one bites the dust. Sheesh, what is it with some kids not wanting to play nice in the sandbox lately?
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Sorry, no video due to some peoples' objection to hat cam vids on this forum.
                  Well, I'm not a big hat cam fan, but I don't object to them. I usually watch the take off, and a close flyby, then FF to the landing. I see what I want to see.

On the flip side of that coin, I've been told my on board vids can be a little boring. I'm sure they are. But I like making them and I like seeing what a flight looks like from different angles on the plane.

It's a hobby, it's suppose to be fun. You share yours, I'll share mine and we'll have fun!

Comment

• Test test… Am I banned?

Nope, it posted... WVrailfan, if they don't like your videos they don't have to watch them...

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I don't get many views but the people that do watch them really enjoy them... that is all that matters to me!
                      I watched your F-5 videos this week. Yeah, I can't always see the plane in the video, but it's still enjoyable, and watching the low passes and those smooth landings is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        Another one bites the dust. Sheesh, what is it with some kids not wanting to play nice in the sandbox lately?
                        Some of them, I think, aren't kids. They're cats, and what they're doing in the sandbox isn't playing....

Comment

• Hurray, MiGs are back on topic.

I slowed down on my build. I was in the middle of designing cockpit eye candy. Nothing scale, but then I saw the excellent work above. Will be requesting files after the holidays.

I'm the meantime, I'm painting up the trim details and will be printing up my waterslide decals today,.using a cricut machine, laser printer and white decal paper.

​​​​​​I would love to see some more Russian/Soviet planes from Freewing.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190827_174509.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	212057

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FF161E51-923A-4C76-A80B-754AED478CDC.jpeg
Views:	603
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	212067 Russian plane day today, this is just some.

Comment

• Oh no! It's Russian Collusion!

Which, when flying RC airplanes, is better than Russian Collision.

Comment

• YES!! Love it!

Comment

• Hey guys,
                                  I did a bunch of flights today, trying to get the balance point sorted out. Earlier this summer I was using an older-style Admiral 5000 (short and fat) pushed all the way forward … and with my timer set at 3 minutes I found that I had a very small safety margin with the battery. So I switched to the longer RoaringTop 6250 and that solved two problems - first I was able to move the battery back about an inch to where the Velcro strap could reach it, and second it gave me enough juice so I could make 2 aborted landings after I reach my 3 minute timer.

The battery is sitting very far forward, much further forward than what the battery tray seemed to be set up for. I balanced it per the manual, but I needed some up trim to fly level.
                                  I was still having trouble with the bounce, even after practicing it for the past few weeks. I am very pleased with the way the plane flies, but during landing if you accidentally smack the nose gear the model will bounce back into the air. I've been trying and trying but I still get this bounce. Last weekend I had a near disaster with a big bounce that ended with a "saber dance" but I managed to save it.

So I was thinking maybe its nose heavy. Today I tried moving the 6250 battery backwards a little bit at a time, just to see how it would do.
                                  Well, I found that it really made a big difference. With the battery pushed back, the plane is much easier to land.

Do this balance test: with the battery set back from the forward position, I found that if you tilt the model back on the gear it will just sit back and stay on the tail skid. if you just nudge the nose down, it will sit very lightly on the nose gear.
                                  So in other words, position the battery so that the model is just resting very slightly on the nose gear, but it will tilt back and stay if you lift it on purpose.

You may think its tail heavy with it set up like this, but inverted flight testing proves that it is not tail heavy. When inverted it only needs the slightest touch of down elevator which means its basically neutral. It flies really well balanced like this (I don't need any up trim for level flight) and when its landing its really easy to hold the nose up (obviously) which solves the bounce problem. It does have a tendency to do "wheelies" when its taxing over bumps, but its not bad. Do not push the battery back to where it sits heavily on the tail, that's too far back. It needs to sit on the nose gear - just very lightly.

Something else I found from testing is that the flaps do not affect the attitude of the plane much - originally I had a little down trim set with the flaps but I removed almost all of it. With full flaps set, the elevator is trimmed down maybe 1/32" (maybe 1.5mm). That is just enough to help the plane avoid ballooning.

I hope it helps! Try flying this bird balanced like I suggest and see if you like the way it lands better!

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Earlier this summer? This plane hasn't been out that long.

The way you are describing both your tail sit test and that flaps do not effect pitch have been posted many times by myself and others. I still need the standard 2-3mm of up trim even though it needs almost no push inverted.

As you note a landing produces an awesome wheelie down the length of the strip ( I fly off a paved runway).

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                    Hey guys,
                                    I did a bunch of flights today, trying to get the balance point sorted out. Earlier this summer I was using an older-style Admiral 5000 (short and fat) pushed all the way forward … and with my timer set at 3 minutes I found that I had a very small safety margin with the battery. So I switched to the longer RoaringTop 6250 and that solved two problems - first I was able to move the battery back about an inch to where the Velcro strap could reach it, and second it gave me enough juice so I could make 2 aborted landings after I reach my 3 minute timer.

The battery is sitting very far forward, much further forward than what the battery tray seemed to be set up for. I balanced it per the manual, but I needed some up trim to fly level.
                                    I was still having trouble with the bounce, even after practicing it for the past few weeks. I am very pleased with the way the plane flies, but during landing if you accidentally smack the nose gear the model will bounce back into the air. I've been trying and trying but I still get this bounce. Last weekend I had a near disaster with a big bounce that ended with a "saber dance" but I managed to save it.

So I was thinking maybe its nose heavy. Today I tried moving the 6250 battery backwards a little bit at a time, just to see how it would do.
                                    Well, I found that it really made a big difference. With the battery pushed back, the plane is much easier to land.

Do this balance test: with the battery set back from the forward position, I found that if you tilt the model back on the gear it will just sit back and stay on the tail skid. if you just nudge the nose down, it will sit very lightly on the nose gear.
                                    So in other words, position the battery so that the model is just resting very slightly on the nose gear, but it will tilt back and stay if you lift it on purpose.

You may think its tail heavy with it set up like this, but inverted flight testing proves that it is not tail heavy. When inverted it only needs the slightest touch of down elevator which means its basically neutral. It flies really well balanced like this (I don't need any up trim for level flight) and when its landing its really easy to hold the nose up (obviously) which solves the bounce problem. It does have a tendency to do "wheelies" when its taxing over bumps, but its not bad. Do not push the battery back to where it sits heavily on the tail, that's too far back. It needs to sit on the nose gear - just very lightly.

Something else I found from testing is that the flaps do not affect the attitude of the plane much - originally I had a little down trim set with the flaps but I removed almost all of it. With full flaps set, the elevator is trimmed down maybe 1/32" (maybe 1.5mm). That is just enough to help the plane avoid ballooning.

I hope it helps! Try flying this bird balanced like I suggest and see if you like the way it lands better!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Earlier this summer? This plane hasn't been out that long.

The way you are describing both your tail sit test and that flaps do not effect pitch have been posted many times by myself and others. I still need the standard 2-3mm of up trim even though it needs almost no push inverted.

As you note a landing produces an awesome wheelie down the length of the strip ( I fly off a paved runway).
                                      Sorry Evan, I didn't mean to imply that I was discovering this mystery all by myself, sorry if I gave that impression. I guess that I'm just trying to confirm that its MUCH better with the balance point in the wheelie position. I did see where earlier on this thread some guys were reporting that it flew well balanced further back.

By "earlier this summer" - I meant, I was using the Admiral 5000 when I started and now I'm using the 6250. I guess its been about 6 weeks or so since I got this model. Summer is flying by!!
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• So here's something else that I did. Although I cycle the gear each time, I've noticed that sometimes the gear retracts by itself (usually shortly after I put them down for landing). The result is that I am on final approach and I see.... no gear. As others here have mentioned, the LG sequencer seems to be "tempermental".

well, that happened today and I had to make a belly landing after trying twice to get it down. (it was a perfect belly landing!) No damage except that I did have some scrapes along the bottom. So... after repainting the bottom.... I glued the head of a plastic spoon on the bottom just aft of the nose gear like you see here. This will provide a hard spot, a "skid plate" if you will - so next time there won't be any damage from skidding on the runway (I also have the 3D-printed tail skid installed, which is very strong).

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190901_175548.jpg Views:	8 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	212247Click image for larger version  Name:	20190901_201118.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	212256

Comment

• Sorry, I think its a great thing to say these things again. I didn't mean to come across as much of an a$$ as I just did...

I've also had the odd retraction (without the gear doors opening) but so far not in flight. Good idea on the spoon. I also have the 3d printed tail skid, great since I do balance tail heavy as you do...

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Sorry Evan, I didn't mean to imply that I was discovering this mystery all by myself, sorry if I gave that impression. I guess that I'm just trying to confirm that its MUCH better with the balance point in the wheelie position. I did see where earlier on this thread some guys were reporting that it flew well balanced further back.

By "earlier this summer" - I meant, I was using the Admiral 5000 when I started and now I'm using the 6250. I guess its been about 6 weeks or so since I got this model. Summer is flying by!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X