X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vduniec View Post
    That’s cool. Can you post the .stl or the site where it’s located? Thanks!

Vduniec, as much as I want to, unfortunately, I cannot post my designs online nor share them and here’s why. A couple of years ago, I started developing my afterburner solution, I spent countless hours and a lot of money trying to come up with an affordable and scale looking afterburner. When I had a solid design, I shared it with my flying buddy (someone who is very active in the EDF community) who was very enthusiastic about it; he was actually so enthusiastic about it that he started marketing my conceptual design as its own “creations”. You can thank him for the fact that I’m very careful with sharing designs. However, I am willing to print the gear doors for free and send those to anyone who needs new gear doors, just pay the postage.

Comment

Understand completely. Thanks for the offer to print. I might take you up on your offer when I place an order for your light burner sometime in the future.

Originally posted by RanGee View Post
      Vduniec, as much as I want to, unfortunately, I cannot post my designs online nor share them and here’s why. A couple of years ago, I started developing my afterburner solution, I spent countless hours and a lot of money trying to come up with an affordable and scale looking afterburner. When I had a solid design, I shared it with my flying buddy (someone who is very active in the EDF community) who was very enthusiastic about it; he was actually so enthusiastic about it that he started marketing my conceptual design as its own “creations”. You can thank him for the fact that I’m very careful with sharing designs. However, I am willing to print the gear doors for free and send those to anyone who needs new gear doors, just pay the postage.

Comment

Understand completely. Thanks for the offer to print. I might take you up on your offer when I place an order for your light burner sometime in the future.

Yeah and adding abit of lime to the dime, and following up with what Rangee said, and not let the booty of that so and so get burned too badly I will save my words and give him the benefit of the doubt and not reveal who this person is at this time... although i can, but im just feeling good today so ill just let this sit for now.

Comment

Don't fall for the sob stories man...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

nothing wrong with helping out the community with freebies! Very nice of you!
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

I didn't get mine completed in time this weekend... however I did get the burner installed... using all existing parts that came with the EDF unit from the factory. But I am sure that someone will say I stole that idea too right? LOL
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                I didn't get mine completed in time this weekend... however I did get the burner installed... using all existing parts that came with the EDF unit from the factory. But I am sure that someone will say I stole that idea too right? LOL
                I'm sure you're right. There will always be someone who think they've come up with something exclusive and will make them a ton of money and any other product with similarities is thievery. None of these "specialty mod items" will be anyone's means of support. You just can't sell enough product to sustain a living. I used to make a variety of specialty mods for a sports car. I could care less if someone took my idea and made it themselves or even incorporated the idea in a commercial venture. I was glad to see people make their own. Even the small company who took a couple of my ideas and used them in their products weren't going to make a "killing". These niche products are hard to gain mass appeal or mass market. I'd rather get my ideas out there and help others with "like minded" objectives.
                BTW, that small company that sold the products with my ideas? It lasted about a decade and it wasn't the owner's "day job". It didn't give him supporting income. There are thousands of cars out there with my ideas onboard and even if I had received a profit from each one, it still would not have meant anything to my income. I'm happy just to know a part of me is in each of those cars. Big money? Dream on.

Comment

I'm just so tired of the back and forth with the afterburners and people in general selling their wares here. Goonie for the most part is showing different aspects so there's information. I've reported and put another on my ignore list (only person on my list) because every post is buy this or that.

Comment

Yes, folks it's been brought to our attention the disruptive nature of some in regards to these afterburner LED kits. Let me be clear. It is okay to offer information about these kits in a thread if someone inquires in the thread about them. It is NOT okay to offer up your services unsolicited, and it is NOT okay to be critical of others, especially those who are fellow members in this community. If you wish to announce your or someone's LED afterburner kit (or other RC-related service), please do so ONLY in the Classified forum.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      I'm sure you're right. There will always be someone who think they've come up with something exclusive and will make them a ton of money and any other product with similarities is thievery. None of these "specialty mod items" will be anyone's means of support. You just can't sell enough product to sustain a living. I used to make a variety of specialty mods for a sports car. I could care less if someone took my idea and made it themselves or even incorporated the idea in a commercial venture. I was glad to see people make their own. Even the small company who took a couple of my ideas and used them in their products weren't going to make a "killing". These niche products are hard to gain mass appeal or mass market. I'd rather get my ideas out there and help others with "like minded" objectives.
                      BTW, that small company that sold the products with my ideas? It lasted about a decade and it wasn't the owner's "day job". It didn't give him supporting income. There are thousands of cars out there with my ideas onboard and even if I had received a profit from each one, it still would not have meant anything to my income. I'm happy just to know a part of me is in each of those cars. Big money? Dream on.
                      If you purchased your afterburner form the Gooniac before Jan this year, take a look at the postage; yeah it came from me....

Comment

Please stop.

OK, I'll edit this to say both sides please stop. I'm not partial to either of them as I haven't bought eithers product and probably won't. It just pisses me off that they are on every thread I visit with the same crap.

If you purchased your afterburner form the Gooniac before Jan this year, take a look at the postage; yeah it came from me....

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          Please stop.

I am aware that im adding some fuel to the fire but lets be realistic

From a very neutral spectator, its really unfair to reply to one person in this case Rangee and ask him to "Please Stop" The other guy(s) are equally at fault. Its comments like this that will not stop anything. As a matter of fact it will do quite the contrary.

As for the afterburners, impartial to any but feel thelightburner has brought value beyond any other competitor in here and outside, seems like there is some fan based biased on the totem pole which I refuse to be apart of. I like what I see and I stick with it.

Comment

Yeah thats right. It did come from you. I helped you FOR FREE by putting your stuff out there with all of the people that I have helped here on the forums. I got the money.... moved it all over to you (with no fee or anything) and you did the rest.... Your point? It is getting kinda tiring bro... let it go already. I am here to help people which I have been doing for years on RCG and on here once this forum was started. I have been at this hobby for over 35 years and started working on my own things using brushed escs as switches starting back in 2009 and then with afterburner stuff beginning in 2011. To keep making these accusations is pretty tiring and I have done my best to keep it to myself about how you have made this out to be more than it is... I have no ill will towards you and wish you the best and have not once knocked your product even though you insist on doing that to me. But once you went on your POOR ME kick I had to just leave things where they were because there is no dealing with this mess again... you seem to attract it. Please leave this alone... tired of it and if anyone has issues with me posting what I am doing with afterburners then I apologize. I try to keep it tasteful. If it hasn't been then I am sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker_Hurricane View Post

From a very neutral spectator, its really unfair to reply to one person in this case Rangee and ask him to "Please Stop" The other guy(s) are equally at fault. Its comments like this that will not stop anything. As a matter of fact it will do quite the contrary.

As for the afterburners, impartial to any but feel thelightburner has brought value beyond any other competitor in here and outside, seems like there is some fan based biased on the totem pole which I refuse to be apart of. I like what I see and I stick with it.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Well, my MIG is supposed to be out for delivery today. Via Fed Ex. So, the big Fed Ex truck pulls all the way up in the driveway... He sits there for about 6 minutes, never gets out of the vehicle, goes back to the driver's seat and backs out and leaves!!! No MIG, no box, no note, nada!!! I hope he comes back today!!! Go figure.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker_Hurricane View Post

Hawker_Hurricane,

like you I probably have put some bad taste in peoples mouths but i stand up for whats right. i dont need followers, I say what i think and im not afraid of saying it, and i will CONTINUE to do so to stand up for whats right.

Glad to see you have some wisdom, without being inside the inner circle and courageous enough to stand up and say something. We need more folks like you, and not feel annoyed or bashful to mitigate the differences between right and wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tengarang View Post

Hawker_Hurricane,

like you I probably have put some bad taste in peoples mouths but i stand up for whats right. i dont need followers, I say what i think and im not afraid of saying it, and i will CONTINUE to do so to stand up for whats right.

Glad to see you have some wisdom, without being inside the inner circle and courageous enough to stand up and say something. We need more folks like you, and not feel annoyed or bashful to mitigate the differences between right and wrong.
                                    Life can be tough in an unfair biased world, but I respect what you are doing for Rangee.

Comment

Thank you!
                                      Thank you for all your hardwork

Comment

Mines out for delivery too. Hope it get delivered. It rained this morning so I probably can't paint but I can at least check it to make sure everything works and prep it to paint.

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        Well, my MIG is supposed to be out for delivery today. Via Fed Ex. So, the big Fed Ex truck pulls all the way up in the driveway... He sits there for about 6 minutes, never gets out of the vehicle, goes back to the driver's seat and backs out and leaves!!! No MIG, no box, no note, nada!!! I hope he comes back today!!! Go figure.....

Comment

• Folks THIS SQUABBLE ENDS NOW. Either take it offline or suffer the consequences. This is the final warning for ALL parties involved.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X